PDA

View Full Version : Garden Grocer

KAT1811
09-11-2007, 01:24 PM
I am SOOOOO upset :fit: !!! I've planned for months to use Garden Grocer :cart: for our upcoming WDW trip. Well, we leave tomorrow and when I went to place my order today I found out that there are no delivery times at all until September 18th :jaw: !!!!!!!!!!!!!! To anyone who might be using GG for their trip learn from my mistake and book VERY early!!! Who knew :shrug: ?!?!?!

CleveRocks
09-11-2007, 01:50 PM
Last fall, I was about 4 weeks away from my trip when I learned GG was sold out for my arrival day. I then did what I did for the previous trip, too ... I used Gooding's. Totally satisfied with Gooding's both times.

By the way, I'm very impressed with Brian, the owner of the local GG franchise. I'd read on a message board that GG was sold out for that day, so I called or e-mailed to make sure it wasn't a false rumor. Brian called me at home to apologize that he couldn't accommodate my needs, but explained that he felt an obligation to provide high-quality service to people who already had deliveries scheduled, and that if he accepted my order (and others) it would overburden his staff which would likely cause errors and delays for everyone.

I'm VERY impressed with a business owner who turns down profits because he doesn't want to sacrifice quality. I will very surely make an EARLY reservation with Garden Grocer the next time I go to WDW!

dolphinmickey9170
09-11-2007, 02:17 PM
I bought and booked 2 months in advance of our August trip. I was told when I first inquired to book early! So I did. It is a great service, but you can always hop in a cab and ride to the store at Crossroads for about the same price their delivery would be, this way you can still get the things you need. Good luck!!

KAT1811
09-11-2007, 02:33 PM
I'm going to have to stop on the way in (we use a car service and once I'm "in" WDW I can't tear myself away!!!) I sure wish they had a note on the start page that was in a conspicuous place that warned potential shoppers that they book up VERY far in advance. Had I known I would have ordered months ago. I've had the list ready forever. At home I usually place my order with our local grocery delivery service the day before and have no problem getting a time for the next day. I guess I'll just chalk it up as a lesson learned!!!

gtpooh
09-11-2007, 03:33 PM
This is very helpful to know. We're going to WDW in early November -- it sounds like we should do our order now!

If you do it so far in advance, can you make changes closer to the date? How does it work with GG? (We've never used them before).

Thanks!

:mickey::mickey::mickey:

CleveRocks
09-11-2007, 03:37 PM
If GG is sold out, it makes sense to try to use Gooding's, like I did. It doesn't have to be GG or nothing.

bkfree
09-11-2007, 04:40 PM
I always place my GG order about 6 weeks before our trip.
Good to know about Goodings as a back up though.

KAT1811
09-11-2007, 05:01 PM
If GG is sold out, it makes sense to try to use Gooding's, like I did. It doesn't have to be GG or nothing.

Goodings has a $50 minimum order and a $20.00 service fee (for what I'm not sure?) I thought that was a little steep. I'll just stop, we are stopping for wine and beer anyway so I'll just grab a few more things while we are there.

CleveRocks
09-11-2007, 06:40 PM
Goodings has a $50 minimum order and a $20.00 service fee (for what I'm not sure?) I thought that was a little steep. I'll just stop, we are stopping for wine and beer anyway so I'll just grab a few more things while we are there.
If you're already stopping anyway, then of course it makes sense to also stop for groceries.

All grocery deliver services charge a service fee -- that makes perfect sense to me. Part of Gooding's fee goes directly to the delivery person in lieu of a tip -- since Gooding's only way of delivery is to deliver to Bell Services, it's impossible for the customer to give a tip to the delivery person.

Mommy2boys
09-11-2007, 08:12 PM
Thanks for posting this. I was gonna wait but will do it tonight