PDA

View Full Version : Concierge and ADR's?

rjmdds
09-11-2007, 11:05 AM
We will be staying concierge for the first time next April (GF), and are very excited. I have heard of some on these boards mention contacting your Concierge a couple of weeks prior to your 180-day mark with a list of your ADR desires. Can anyone first hand tell me if this is effective? Can I rely on them to do this? Do they have any "pull"? It would be great if I don't have to worry about waking up at the crack of dawn and start dialing like a madman to try and get Cindy's. Any help is appreciated.
:mickey:

SurferStitch
09-11-2007, 01:06 PM
Concierge does a great job at making all of your ADR's. We got everything we wanted when we used the GF concierge service back in 2005. You can totally trust them. They also booked our special AK concierge safari, but would not book our GF Spa appointments. I was told I would have to do that myself.

The have no pull at all with ADR's. They can't/won't get you into a fully booked restaurant like a real concierge at other non-Disney hotels. At the GF, we wanted to switch a meal while we were there (wanted to cancel Citricos for a second meal at Narcoossee's). No ADR's available, and they made absolutely no effort to try to squeeze us in.

When we checked in, they printed our dining itinerary for us. Good thing I checked it....half of the ADR's were wrong, but luckily it wasn't the ADR's themselves that were wrong...they just had the info messed up on the itinerary itself. The CM looked up my info again, and all was well.

rjmdds
09-11-2007, 04:27 PM
Thanks! That is very comforting. We booked it today so it is official! Thanks again!

DDuck66
09-12-2007, 10:57 AM
In Oct of 05, we stayed concierge at the CR and they were able to get us in to CRT at the MK with no problem....next May we are at the Poly Concierge and I plan on a lot of requests so we will see what they can do. It was great not to have to try and make those calls t 5:00 am. The year before we had tried every morning and go never get through or when we did they were already booked.