PDA

View Full Version : Key West Resort HELP PLEASE!!!

DisneyMom3
09-11-2007, 08:36 AM
We are thinking of going up to WDW this weekend!!! The only resort I can get that is in our budget is the Key west resort. We have never stayed there before. I need some quick input before I make the reservation. I also have some questions:
Do they have a water slide?
Will my three boys 10,7,6 enjoy themselves there?
Thank you so much!! I want to make the ressie today!!!

Madame Leona
09-11-2007, 08:50 AM
We stayed at OKW in May of this year and loved it. The pool is really nice and they do have a good waterslide. I would recommend this resort.

WelshieLover
09-11-2007, 08:54 AM
I think you will love it. The pool has a slide built into a "sandcastle". The resort has a really peaceful and laid back feel. We stayed in building 25 and our 2 balconies had views of a golf green and a pond, with ducks sleeping on the shore. The rooms are so large. We had no problem with transportation to and from the parks. Take the boat ride over to Downtown Disney.

Maleficent's Dad
09-11-2007, 09:21 AM
Will my three boys 10,7,6 enjoy themselves there?
OKW has much to offer - not a deluxe, per se, but a well equipped DVC resort.
1. They have shuffleboard, basketball hoops, and tennis courts - and equipment is available at Hank's near the main pool.
2. There is a marina with boats to rent. Not a wide open area like the monorail resorts to speed around in, but you can go all the way to DTD in your own craft (no disembarking there, however!).
3. Pool does have a slide - nicely themed in a sandcastle. Also a playground next to the main pool/slide.
4. Resort is extremely large - with some buildings very removed. Request a building close to the main pool area. We love buildings 23-26. 2 Weeks ago, we stayed in building #16 and the location was very good as well.
There are "internal buses" that can get you around if you find yourself on the outskirts of the resort.
5. It's Disney!!! I don't know how three young boys couldn't enjoy themselves there! ;)
6. Quiet pools abound, and you'll never be overly far from one.
7. Rooms are large and spacious (especially 1BR and larger), even studios have a small fridge and a microwave to use.

The resort is a nice reprieve from the sometimes chaotic madness of the parks. We love returning here after a day in the parks - it's very relaxing. :vacation:

ThanxForNoticin
09-11-2007, 12:06 PM
OKW is a terrific resort. Our boys have been there many times over the years, and they love it. The area with the pool, tennis, basketball, shuffleboard, ping pong, etc, is something they look forward to. And the rooms are spacious, clean, and quiet. Have a great time.

Lucyrella
09-11-2007, 03:49 PM
We loved OKW, we were just there in August/September. I couldn't imagine staying anywhere else. The room size alone is worth every penny. We had a one bedroom villa in building 24. We were right across the street from the check in, main pool area. There is a place right next to Hank's rentals that has air hockey, billiards, 2 computer games, a TV with DVD's and even things for little ones in there. There is a sand play area with dump trucks, and a volleyball court and basketball. If you are driving you will love the convenience of having your car right in front of your room. IT was just a great place to stay.

DVC Mike
09-11-2007, 05:57 PM
OKW has the largest rooms of all DVC resorts! It is a condo/townhouse style setup (not attached to a hotel). It offers a quiet, lushly landscaped setting, with convenient self parking in front of units.

It is a large, spread out resort, offers boat service and a walkway to DTD. Most rooms have views: golf course, water/canal, woods. There is limited onsite dining (Olivia’s café) and no room service (just pizza delivery). There are outdoor hallways.

There is a great community hall. Also, most buildings lack an elevator.

OKW is a quite respite from the parks. It almost feels like you are at home.