PDA

View Full Version : Mother Daughter Only - live - Day 1

tbelle's dghtr
09-11-2007, 12:15 AM
Cast: Me - 23 Disney Nut
Mom - says she’s 25 Disney Fantatic

All Star Movies Sept. 10th - 15th
Hopper passes with Free Dining

Hey everyone! We’re in WALT DISNEY WORLD!! It’s 10:12 pm on Monday night. I’m going to try my best to do live trip reports everyday. So here goes: We woke up in Atlanta at about 3am, showered and finished last minute packing and were on our way to the airport by 4:30. We arrived at the airport and were all checked at the Spirit desk by 5:30. We had no problems, no traffic, nothing. We got to our gate and boarded soon after. Our flight was supposed to take off at 6:30, but, apparently a connecting flight from vegas (?) was delayed, so they kept us at the gate for an extra half hour before taking off. Once in the air, it was a smooth flight. We landed in MCO and had no problems finding the Disney Magical Express check in. We checked in, got to a bus which had 4 other people on it, and no joke, 3 minutes later, we were on the road to the All Stars. The bus stopped at Pop Century and the 4 other people got off, leaving just me and mom. We chatted with the bus driver who was really nice. He helped us with our bags, and we made our way to All Star Movies check in desk. We had to wait a few minutes, but once we got to the desk, we were informed that our room was ready!! This made us really happy. So, we found our way to our room, #8720, 1st floor in fantasia building. Kinda small, but clean and nicely themed. We took a few minutes to decompress and get ready for the day (it was only 9:50am by this time), then headed out to the bus stop. After a few minutes, we were on our way to Magic Kingdom. Oh, to see the castle!! When we walked in, the Main Street performers were putting on a show. We watched for a few minutes, took some photo pass pics, then headed to Adventureland just in time to catch the Pirate Tutorial with Captain Jack Sparrow. That guy was wonderful, sounds and looks just like the ‘real’ Jack. Only problem was he kept moving around, and I couldn’t get a good picture. We rode pirates, then made our way to Splash Mountain. 5 minute wait… it was great. Big Thunder was closed… Since we had barely eaten, mom grabbed some popcorn and I grabbed a soft pretzel to snack on. After that, it was Philharmagic, then Space Mountain, The Laugh Floor (Which was sooo cute!! They had a phone number that you could text jokes to, and one of the monsters told MY joke, lol). We gave up our protest of Alien Encounter being gone, and finally went to see Stitch’s Adventure. Mom was really grossed out by the chili cheese dog incident… but we were happy to see Skippy is at least still in the preshow. From there, we shopped our way out of the magic kingdom and hopped the monorail to the ticket and transportation center where we took a bus to MGM. No problems with disney transpo… so far. It was about 3pm when we got to MGM. We decided on the great movie ride, and took in the sights for a lil while. Then, at about 4pm, we decided to check in at the Brown Derby for our 4:30 dinner reservations. We waited about 10 minutes, and then were shown to our table. Our waiter, Cory, was great! Very knowledgeable, and very nice. Mom and I each had the potato crusted crab cake for an appetizer. Mom had the filet with lobster butter over baby potatoes, and I had the pork chop with cheese fondue served over veggie rattouille. Both were delicious! For dessert, mom had the grapefruit cake and I had the bananas foster white chocolate truffle tower. YUM! ** Cool story** My aunt, uncle, and cousin were in WDW last week, ate dinner at the Brown Derby for my uncle’s bday and loved their waiter, Ron. Well, we hunted Ron down today, and presented him with a pic of my aunt, uncle, cousin and him from last week, and told him how much of a wonderful time they had, and how much they appreciated him. He loved it!!**
After dinner, Mom and I decided that we should take it slow, and not rush to do anything. We were tired… and full! So, we took in the sights, did The Magic of Disney Animation… very cool. Then met up with Remy and Emile for some photo pass pics, then bumped into Mr. and Mrs. Incredible. Fun Fun Fun. After that it was Walt Disney: One Man’s Dream, very cool!! (I recently read the biography of Mr. Walter Disney, so it was cool to see some artifacts and important milestones that I had read about). After this, we made to executive decision to begin pin collecting, even though we have tried to resist… lol. So there we are, sitting on a bench, putting together our new lanyards when the skies opened up. It was pouring!! Luckily, there was an umbrella above our bench, so we sat for a while, watching everyone scurrying around. We made a run for the closest store and did a little browsing. At about 8:15, it was still pouring and still thundering. We knew that fantastic would be postponed or cancelled, and we were tired, so we headed out to the buses. Apparently so did everyone else. We waited about an hour for a bus with room for us. Finally got back to Movies and headed to the food court for refillable mugs and some munchies. So that’s it for today, we’re back in the room, watching tv, unpacking and getting ready for bed. Thanks for reading!! Up next: Epcot with dinner reservations at Rose and Crown. Stay tuned!

To see pics from today, visit: http://picasaweb.google.com/curlygirl1205/WDW07Day1

Edenza
09-11-2007, 01:35 AM
Love that Wicked Queen photo. Naturally ;)

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
09-11-2007, 02:11 AM
Sounds like a great time! Some really good pictures too!

Big Thunder Mountain was shut??? Did the rehab begin earlier than Oct 1??

Keep 'em coming!

Chris :hatter:

ChipnDaleGal
09-11-2007, 05:50 AM
Thanks for the live report! Look slike your travel went well and you guys did a lot considering how early your up and at 'em that morning. Love your pictures! :mickey:

January-2007
09-11-2007, 08:38 AM
Thanks for the live trip report, you all sure did cover a lot of ground for having waken up so early in the morning! Hope you enjoy your day today!

ktflisa
09-11-2007, 09:11 AM
Thank you for sharing! DH and I head that way on Thursday, with my brother and family joining us late Friday night! Can't wait!

Hope you can post again - "how hot is it?" :mickey:

Christine
09-11-2007, 09:22 AM
Love the pictures, and thanks for the live reports...I know it's not easy when you're tired and trying to vacation!

And how nice of you to hunt down Ron and give him the photo of your family...that's really cool! :thumbsup:

iheartmickey
09-11-2007, 09:49 AM
I'm exahusted just reading your report! You guys are troopers to get that much done when getting up so early!

Sounds like you had a great first day. I think it's sweet that you hunted down Ron and gave him the picture.

Thank you for sharing 'live'! :thumbsup:

T-BelleSis
09-11-2007, 02:35 PM
Thanks for the great report and pictures, Joey. How fun to see the action as it happens! Can't wait to see what fun y'all get into today. Have a mango :marg: on me!! love, Jayne

dolphinmickey9170
09-11-2007, 02:55 PM
I bet Ron was completely surprised. How often do we go back and tell the one's we appreciate how much they do for us!! That is so sweet. I did that once at CRT, we saw the same waiter, whose picture I took, 7 years later, he hadn't changed a bit!

You and your mom seem to have had a great day. I can't wait to read today's report. The food looked phenominal. I have always been afraid to try the Brown Derby, but not now after seeing your pix! Thanks so much.

faline
09-11-2007, 02:59 PM
You certainly didn't waste any time getting your vacation up and running!

Fun start!

TBY2225
09-11-2007, 03:05 PM
Great report! I can't wait to read more!

pdrlkr
09-11-2007, 10:37 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

JoRy
09-12-2007, 11:11 AM
Thanks for the report...it is fun to experience a trip with someone while it is still happening. By the way, what was the joke you gave them at Laugh Factory?

disneydrmr
09-12-2007, 12:43 PM
Really enjoyed reading your live report and looking at your pictures! Looks and sounds like you guys are having a great time! LOVE the picture of Stitch and Lilo in their car.. I missed that parade when I was down there :( Hope your trip continues to be wonderful! Looking forward to reading more!

tbelle's dghtr
09-12-2007, 05:13 PM
Thanks for the report...it is fun to experience a trip with someone while it is still happening. By the way, what was the joke you gave them at Laugh Factory?

What do you call a cow with no legs??

GROUND beef. Ahahahaha!!!:rotfl::funny:

BronxTigger
09-13-2007, 09:47 AM
Sounds like you had a great first day despite the rain at MGM. In 2006, we had the same problem. We got caught in a huge downpour at MGM; we ended up sitting on a bench for a while watching people scurry around. Eventually we decided to leave and got very wet ourselves. Oh well. By the way, a lot of the benches with umbrellas have little lightening rods on top!

For some reason, I love that bathroom at ASMo!

Bethis26fan
09-13-2007, 10:54 PM
Sounds like a great day.

ElenitaB
09-15-2007, 06:26 PM
I can't believe we all manage to do our first days at WDW despite having gotten up super early to pack/get to the airport for our flights, etc. I guess that's what they mean by "running on adrenaline" but in a good way!

Sorry you got rained out for Fantasmic again. You're going to have to plan another trip... they say the third time is the charm!

#1disneyfan
09-17-2007, 12:59 PM
Thanks for sharing your great first day! The food looked excellent at the Brown Derby, might have to try it there next time. We get stuck in the same rutt every year. So sorry you got rained out and didn't get to see Fantasmic. Maybe next year :secret:!!

DizNee143
09-19-2007, 12:09 PM
what a great first/travel day!!
you sure did mange to do alot...and from being up so early!!!..and i agree with BronxTigger that bathroom is awesome...i soo want that shower curtain!!! lol...
cant wait to read the rest! :mickey: