PDA

View Full Version : goin' goofy planning ADRs

wedway fan
09-10-2007, 10:33 PM
don't want my 100th post (woo-hoo!)to sound at all like i'm complaining, but i have to ask-- is it just me, or does making dinner plans 6 months in advance make anyone else crazy?

going on the DDP for the first time next april, and am preparing my list of ADR's to make. even when the park hours come out next month, and i'll have a general idea of where i want to be on what days, i still feel constrained locking myself in to times and places, especially for dinners. (i'm against making multiple ADR's just to have a choice.)

any suggestions on dealing with the "blessing and curse" of ADR's? (other than pick great places, enjoy the food, and remember that wherever my ADR's are, i'm still at WDW!)

Seasonscraps
09-10-2007, 11:01 PM
I just can't. I don't think we have ever booked 6 months out. We are going next week and just made ADRs over the weekend. :blush: We just booked the trip 3 weeks ago and even with the free dining in effect we got reservations where we want on the evenings of our choice - one of them is on the late side but nothing outrageous.

Normally we make ADRS about 6 weeks in advance and we have favorites that we generally go to so it's not so difficult picking a day for those and we scatter in a few new places and leave some open for flexibility.

Good luck with all your plans!! It's one way of extending the magic :mickey:

Jared
09-10-2007, 11:18 PM
It's almost impossible to book dining reservations 180 days in advance, but we have no choice right now. I'd rather secure meals early than miss the opportunity to dine at my favorite restaurants.