PDA

View Full Version : Just got back from Poly!!

ckaranassos
09-10-2007, 07:57 PM
We just returned from the Poly and can not say enough great things about the hotel and the staff. First off, wow what a great place to relax. Nothing like lying on the beach watching the fireworks. Also we made several requests that we faxed 4 days prior and they honored all of them. For example: adjoining room with my mom, all 3 rooms together, tokelau longhouse and they put us by the elevator and we had a beautiful view of the castle and fireworks even with a garden view room. Love every disney resort we've stayed at but service was top rated this trip

illini
09-10-2007, 08:01 PM
Ooooh, how wonderful! Especially wonderful because we'll be arriving there two months from tomorrow (but who's counting?). Glad to hear that things were wonderful!

So... any full trip reports coming? I do love me a good trip report!

mickeefan
09-10-2007, 08:25 PM
That's great to hear since we will be staying there in 21 days.
Love that palce.

SBETigg
09-10-2007, 08:30 PM
Great news! I'm so glad you had a wonderful trip and they were able to accommodate your requests. It is beautiful there, isn't it? A very relaxing resort.

wedway fan
09-10-2007, 09:45 PM
hope i have your "fax magic"- we'll be asking for the same things in april- three garden view rooms together in tokelau, hopefully with castle views!

glad to hear your trip was magical.

SurferStitch
09-10-2007, 09:58 PM
I'm so glad you had a great stay!

We'll be staying there in December and put in a request with MJ for Tokelau. Can I ask which room you stayed in?

Thanks!

Darbylew
09-10-2007, 10:00 PM
Sounds like your stay at the Poly was a great
one. Happy that you had such a fun time and
enjoyed the resort. It is a great one. :thumbsup:

IloveDisney71
09-10-2007, 10:03 PM
It sounds like you had a wonderful time. I'm glad to hear how much you like the Poly. I'll be staying there in Dec. and I've never stayed there before. I'm looking forward to it. :mickey:

mouseketeer mom
09-10-2007, 10:15 PM
Hello fellow New Jersey friend!
I'm with you.
The Poly can not be beat.
Now if only there were villas at the Poly.
I may never go home!

KarenP
09-11-2007, 09:40 AM
Nice to read a good review on Poly. It is my favorite resort.

DDuck66
09-11-2007, 09:56 AM
That is great. I can't wait until May 2008 as we have a ressies for the concierge building.
Glad you had a wonderful time.

TammiMcMan
09-11-2007, 09:56 AM
Also we made several requests that we faxed 4 days prior and they honored all of them.Just curious if those requests were made on your original reservation as well, or if you just took your chances that a fax would be reviewed?

krorx
09-11-2007, 12:31 PM
Oooh! I'm so jealous! I want to go NOW! :joy: Glad you had a great time.

luvdiznee
09-11-2007, 12:40 PM
Glad to hear you had a great stay. 16 more days for us! :lei::papple::marg:

ckaranassos
09-11-2007, 04:05 PM
Sorry to respond to your questions a little late. Reality is tough after a great vacation!! We stayed in rooms 3946, 3947 and 3948. We only made the request to have our rooms close together at reservation time. The other requests we took a chance with and faxed to them.

Clotho
09-11-2007, 04:33 PM
We were in 3943! We were neighbors! You weren't by chance the sweetly rambunctious family who were scolded in the hall by the old woman in the room next to ours, were you? THAT would be funny.

Sadly, we found the staff to be very lacking. Our check-in was lackluster--he CM talked about how he was "just here to party" and it was "just a job" for him. No leis. No welcome home.

Our bellman who took us to our room was nice, but was obviously mildly retarded, and not only spoke at high volume and high speed, he literally drooled some during our trip to our room. Now I sound like a jerk for mentioning it, I am sure. He was nice enough. But it wasn't the confident, polished picture I expected from the Poly to have this gentleman on the front lines of guest relations, so to speak.

The Spirit of Aloha show was AWFUL. Like, I wanted my money back awful. The service was atrocious. The server broke not one, but TWO glasses at our table, the shards of which went into the shoe of a gal at the next table over. No apologies. Nobody came to check on her, or bring us anything to clean up with. We had to ask twice for drinks to be replenished every time. Nobody smiled. The show was sub-par for Disney standards. I want my night back. We will do Hoop De Doo again next time--it is amazing, and puts Spirit to shame.

We had issues with our room charging, and when we went to fix it, they explained things completely wrong, which led to them putting my sister's credit card on the account instead of ours, so all our charges went on her bank account.

Despite going to the desk to make sure my sister was taken off the room after 4 days (she came only for the first weekend), they not only left her on, but charged us $25/night for the full stay, and left her credit card on file as our charge card. So all the rest of our vacation expenses were taken out of her bank account, despite having left 6 days ago. What did they do when we went to tell them to make sure to take her off of our room, exactly? Nothing, apparently!

It took a good 45 minutes at check-out to get it worked out, and nobody apologized for the misinformation we had been given or the mistakes they made. Not a great way to leave the resort. :(

The resort was gorgeous. Location can't be beat. I would stay there again. But I think I understand what people mean when they say the service isn't what it used to be. Because if this is what it has always been? I couldn't see it being so well-reviewed in the past for superior service.

ckaranassos
09-11-2007, 08:35 PM
Clotho- no one spoke to us about "rammy" behavior, however on the night that our DS (8) informed us he had "misplaced" his wallet and his 60 disney dollars in the garbage and wanted to know if we got it out for him, I believe New Jersey could hear me yelling. :mad: Actually I was to shocked to form complete sentences so it may have sounded more like grunts! Long story you may here more about it during my trip report. (I'm trying to forget it)

Clotho
09-11-2007, 09:02 PM
Clotho- no one spoke to us about "rammy" behavior, however on the night that our DS (8) informed us he had "misplaced" his wallet and his 60 disney dollars in the garbage and wanted to know if we got it out for him, I believe New Jersey could hear me yelling. :mad: Actually I was to shocked to form complete sentences so it may have sounded more like grunts! Long story you may here more about it during my trip report. (I'm trying to forget it)

LOLROFL!! OH NOOOOOO!