PDA

View Full Version : CS breakfast on DDP -- what and where ?

nana2317
09-10-2007, 06:55 PM
We are planning a trip to WDW for FEB 2008 and thinking about getting the dining plan. If we want to use a CS credit for breakfast, where can we use it and what can we get ?

SBETigg
09-10-2007, 08:28 PM
We used ours at our resort's CS place (or food court, depending on where you stay). It's a good option, because you can get a full breakfast before you head out. Offerings will be different depending on where you go, but you will get a full meal.

Jared
09-10-2007, 10:25 PM
Breakfast generally is not a good use of credits. My family pays out-of-pocket at our hotel's food court or counter service restaurant every morning.

Consider using the Disney Dining Plan credits for lunch and dinner, the more expensive meals.

SBETigg
09-11-2007, 07:04 AM
Breakfast generally is not a good use of credits. My family pays out-of-pocket at our hotel's food court or counter service restaurant every morning.

Consider using the Disney Dining Plan credits for lunch and dinner, the more expensive meals.

While this is true, if you prefer breakfast, go for it. We held off on using our credits at times because certain things didn't seem like the best use of credits, but it was so much food. At the end of the week, we had a lot of credits to use up.

You're saving money in general, the ease of having it prepaid is wonderful- just enjoy and use your credits as you like. If breakfast is your thing, you can get that on DP anywhere that serves a CS breakfast.

As an example, we had the Grand Breakfast at our resort CS and it came with eggs, potatoes, one pancake, one waffle, a biscuit, bacon, and sausage. That thing was huge, and it was something like 8.99. Granted, a full lunch at a CS would have cost more (usually in the $15 per person range), therefore would have been a better use for credits. But we didn't need to eat again until dinner. Of course, we did because we had all kinds of credits to use up, but it wasn't pretty. :)

Tigger70
09-11-2007, 07:23 AM
When DW and I went in Dec '06, we used our snack options to purchase lighter items for breakfast such as a fruit cup, yogurt or juice. Ask what is considered a snack item...you may be surprised. This way you can keep your counter service credits for lunch (or dinner).:thumbsup:

Mickey91
09-11-2007, 07:56 AM
As far as CS breakfast is concerned, your resort is probably the best place. You can also look through the menus here on icot to see if there are any other places that look good. There aren't many other options for CS breakfast.

If you are using the deluxe dining plan, it is a great time to try all the yummy TS breakfasts!:mickey:

prttynpnk
09-12-2007, 11:02 AM
When DW and I went in Dec '06, we used our snack options to purchase lighter items for breakfast such as a fruit cup, yogurt or juice. Ask what is considered a snack item...you may be surprised. This way you can keep your counter service credits for lunch (or dinner).:thumbsup:

This is our usual trick, or we do a TS buffet.
But we do love the Mainstreet bakeshop in MK- great ham and cheese croisant and cinnamon rolls the size of your head.