PDA

View Full Version : Coral Reef Entree Question

Mnchknbrat1982
09-10-2007, 01:52 PM
I'm wondering if anyone can tell me about a couple entree's that they offer for dinner at the Coral Reef.

The Catfish and the Mahi Mahi...........are either of these very fishy tasting? I can handle white fish, but don't like things that are very fishy tasting.

Also how are they about substituting sides out?

Also how are the sea & land and new england cod cakes for appetizers?

We will be in the world in less than 2 weeks!

jwallace378
09-10-2007, 02:08 PM
Never had the catfish, but the Mahi is pretty mild. I had no trouble substituting sides either.

Samtastic
09-10-2007, 05:21 PM
I find catfish to be a little fishy. Mahi mahi on the other hand is a beautiful mild, sweet firm white fish. It's very yummy. Plus mahi mahi is a little more exotic than catfish. I'd go for the mahi.

Now catfish is no where near as strong as Salmon, but it is a stronger fish than mahi.

MsMin
09-10-2007, 07:24 PM
Farm raised catfish can taste like nothing. I would vote for the Mahi it is a heavier fish but not fishy when fresh. My dd didn't like the sauce and had it on the side and was glad she did.
My favorite appetizer is the Lobster Bisque- cod in the south? Not what you would call a local dish.

TBY2225
09-11-2007, 03:13 PM
I had the Mahi-Mahi last year in September and it was mild and good. Not at all fishy. My SIL got the catfish and she loved it. I didn't try it though! The food was good, but I preferred the Mahi-Mahi and seafood dishes at Kona Cafe much better.

mainemajor
09-11-2007, 08:26 PM
I'm wondering if anyone can tell me about a couple entree's that they offer for dinner at the Coral Reef.

The Catfish and the Mahi Mahi...........are either of these very fishy tasting? I can handle white fish, but don't like things that are very fishy tasting.

Also how are they about substituting sides out?

Also how are the sea & land and new england cod cakes for appetizers?

We will be in the world in less than 2 weeks!

Had the catfish. very tasty with a little bite. Also have had the grilled talapia (sp?). Very enjoyable. Would have either again in a heart beat. My son liked the land and Sea, but nothing special. Cod cakes were very flavorable and I enjoyed it a lot.

We were lucky enough to have a seat next to to the glass and that added more to the meal.

The Flying Dutchman
09-11-2007, 09:36 PM
Go with the Mahi Mahi. It was my favorite meal at WDW

Jared
09-11-2007, 10:33 PM
Catfish almost has no taste. I've never eaten at Coral Reef, but Mahi-mahi is usually delicious.

Mnchknbrat1982
09-11-2007, 10:51 PM
Thanks for everyone's replies. The dbf will probably get the mahi mahi with a couple substitutions. I'll probably get the ny strip or pork chop and split it with the bf. As I would like to try the mahi mahi but I am not a big fish person, mostly because I don't know what are the white fish. As I don't like things that are fishy tasting. So I am always hesitant to order something that I am not sure I will like.

Crow
09-11-2007, 11:56 PM
enjoy! i went in May and am again in 2 wks..
not sure what i will have this time. the sushi was great. the pork loin good, banana dessert good. i may try Mahi or Filet of Beef