PDA

View Full Version : Favorite "Fall" smell/taste...

disneydrmr
09-10-2007, 12:27 PM
I love the Fall... leaves crunching underfoot, cooler temps, the smell of fires in fireplaces.... hot apple cider, fresh baked pumpkin pie... mmmm.... yep! The Fall is a wonderful season! Anyone else like this time of year? What speaks "Fall" to you? Actually, up until today our weather here has been quite the scorcher... but today and the rest of this week we will have fall temps around here, and due to the heat and drought our trees have already lost most of their leaves so it really looked/felt like fall this morning!

DisneyCouture
09-10-2007, 12:34 PM
I love the smell of fires burning, the changing of the leaves, pumpkin picking, cool crisp air and my Birthday! :)

Mickey'sGirl
09-10-2007, 12:49 PM
The smell of the school :hide: Honestly -- I love the smell of books, and back to school has that smell. I love the cool mornings too! :thumbsup:

LauraleeH
09-10-2007, 12:54 PM
I love fall, too! It's my favorite season. I love the smell of pumpkin spice candles and the cooler, windy weather, and the colors! I love the pumpkin spice hot chocolate from Starbucks, too. Tastes so good. And it's the beginning of the holidays (Halloween, Thanksgiving) and takes us right into winter/Christmas!

Wrigley
09-10-2007, 01:15 PM
I LOVE the fall also! The leaves changing colors, going to apple orchards and pumpkin patches, cooler temps, the smell of apple cider donuts, apple cider, so many good things!!!! Our temps are supposed to be much cooler this week and so it will definately feel like fall!:thumbsup:

martinfamily5
09-10-2007, 03:19 PM
I really enjoy fall for all of the reasons that everyone else has given. I especially enjoy the leaves changing. I grew up in Florida and we didn't have that. DH loves fall because it usually means that it is time for our Disney trip!:number1:

January-2007
09-10-2007, 03:21 PM
DH and I both really like the Fall too. Caramel apples, hot spiced apple cider, the crisp air, pumpkin pie. Time to buy new winter jackets and long johns! :D

DVC2004
09-10-2007, 03:40 PM
Mmm...love fall! I love the smell of hot cider, pumpkin pie and crackling fires. I can't wait for the change of season.

Scar
09-10-2007, 04:08 PM
Ah... Football Season... The smell of pigskin and sweat and the taste of dirt and grass... mmmmmm... :D

d_m_n_n
09-10-2007, 04:41 PM
The smell of harvested corn drying, burning leaves, and warm apple cider. :cloud9:

conorsmom2000
09-10-2007, 06:49 PM
Fall is definitely my favorite season!! :fall: I love the cool mornings and nights, the leaves changing and crunching under your feet, anything pumpkin, but especially going pumpkin picking, and apple picking, the smell of a fire burning, and hot apple cider (with some Captain Morgan for the adults! :tasty: ). I love putting up Halloween decorations - all of it! The only thing that's tough is the getting darker out earlier - I'm definitely not in a rush for it to be dark at 5 pm! :(

IloveJack
09-10-2007, 08:48 PM
The Vols' first game... Reese's pumpkins... Changing of the leaves (especially in the Smoky Mts.)... My birthday!... Hoodies... Camping... and the fact that the holidays are just around the corner!

Marilyn Michetti
09-10-2007, 09:17 PM
Folks, I wish I could tell you, but it's still 106 here in Az., and we don't get the seasonal changes.

Back East, it used to be burning leaves. Believe it or not, that's still legal here, even as hot and dry as it is. Of course, you have to actually have leaves. We only have Cactus and Orange trees at our house.:D

MsMin
09-10-2007, 09:35 PM
Ah... Football Season... The smell of pigskin and sweat and the taste of dirt and grass... mmmmmm... :D

I don't like the smell of sweat when it's sitting next to me in the stadium:D
It is hard to think of fall. Leave are falling from the trees but it is from the heat. My wisteria was burned to a crisp last month. We have been enjoying a little cooler weather in the lower 90's.
When I think of fall I hope it's cool enough for Halloween and I think of Cinnamon and pumpkin pie!

iheartmickey
09-10-2007, 09:53 PM
I also love all things fall. The only thing I don't like is that I started having allergies this year! :(

My favorite things that let me know fall is here is pumpkin cheesecake and making carmel apple with DD. Of course taking a long fall drive and picking apples and pumpkins. (We drive all the way to North Jersey to pick pumpkins ... even though there are pumpkin patches less than 5 miles away from here ... we love the drive with all the leaves changing colors!)

This year I love fall even more ... it means I'm going to Disney soon! :mickey:

IloveDisney71
09-10-2007, 10:32 PM
I love to smell burning leaves. That's when I know it's fall in the south. :) I love to decorate for Halloween. All the kids in the neighborhood look forward to seeing Mike & Sulley, Winnie the Pooh and the Gang dressed in Halloween costumes and of course the wicked witch from Snow White takes care of our graveyard. I go a little overboard decorating our yard for Halloween, but the kids get a big kick out of it.

ChipnDaleGal
09-11-2007, 05:20 AM
The smell of pumpkin pie or pumpkin bread baking is heavenly!!

Melanie
09-11-2007, 05:40 AM
College football on a cool Saturday afternoon. I can hear the drums now. :fball:

disneydeb
09-11-2007, 06:42 AM
The Vols' first game... Reese's pumpkins... Changing of the leaves (especially in the Smoky Mts.... Hoodies... Camping... and the fact that the holidays are just around the corner!

:thumbsup: I think we are from the same neck of the woods! :D
It's Football Time in Tennessee!:thumbsup:

MissStyles
09-11-2007, 08:32 AM
ANYTHING pumpkin!!!!!!!!!! :pumpkin: ive also been getting macintosh apples lately...those are definitely one of my favorite fall flavors.

this will be my first fall living in florida - i can already notice a change in the air, but nothing to get me depressed about. :D

snowflakegirl
09-11-2007, 02:20 PM
I love the smell of crisp leaves; fresh, ripe MacIntosh apples; hot apple cider; pumpkins; fresh pumpkin bread; state fairs. It's just getting to be fall around here... and with the hot weather and the lack of rain we've been having, some of our trees have been changing already so I've been enjoying the colors of fall... Today it's rainy, but there's a cool breeze and it feels like it might really be turning into fall. I'm so excited.

jennbunn
09-13-2007, 12:00 AM
honey crisp apples and pumpkin spice latte's yum i love the fall!!!! we are going apple picking this year with ds school in a few weeks. that will be the highlight of the fall!!!!

Tink&Goofy
09-13-2007, 12:19 AM
I love the cool crisp mornings that turn into beautiful sunny afternoons - that are just cool enough to pull on a sweatshirt - but still wear the shorts!
Its funny, a couple of years ago during fall, I was talking to a friend of mine that moved here from Hawaii. He was born and raised in Hawaii, and never had seen the trees lose their leaves! It had never occurred to me that in Hawaii the trees don't lose their leaves!

darthmacho
09-14-2007, 01:45 PM
:fall: Gotta go with pumpkin for the taste and the smell, but nothing beats the sight and sound of autumn leaves.

Other great fall taste is apple. Apple cider and apple donuts are a great treat. One of the best times to live in New England is the autumn.

ibrowse17
09-14-2007, 02:05 PM
Being a high school football coach, I have to say that I love the smell of hamburgers on the grill as it floats across the football field. Man is that good:cloud9:

Ed
09-14-2007, 03:35 PM
Living in Florida, we don't get a lot of the things mentioned by others - the changing colors of the trees, changes in temperatures, etc. - and the smell of burning wood or leaves is a big danger sign to us; wildfires are a very real concern.

But I found it interesting that so many folks have mentioned pumpkin. :pumpkin:

DW and I had to make a special trip to the supermarket a few days ago to get just one item that we both had a strong hankering for - - a pumpkin pie! :cloud9:

And, of course, it goes without saying that Fall down here means that it's time to exercise that time-honored Southern tradition (religion?) - COLLEGE FOOTBALL!

Go, Gators!

DMApixie
09-14-2007, 04:07 PM
Ok, I have to chime in on this one...my favorite fall smell is the Thanksgiving turkey and stuffing cooking all day. YUM!! :cloud9:

princessjojo
09-14-2007, 07:28 PM
I'm glad to know I'm not insane. I just love the smell of leaves burning and a crackling fire. We don't have any trees in our yard, but my dad does so I rake his and burn them for him. Being able to sit on the screened porch in the early morning with hot coffee, oh I can't wait. It's not cool here yet...cool front coming right now and the low so far is 78 and rainy. First rain we've had in about a month so I don't think we'll burn anything for a while around here.

You have me excited just thinking about the fall...I can't wait.

Momof2boys
09-17-2007, 12:24 PM
I love the smell of burning leaves in the fall :thumbsup:

Donald A
09-20-2007, 01:10 PM
Fall is my favorite time of the year. Even though it as been awhile, there is so much activity in the fall. There is nothing like a 55-60 degree fall evening and a high school football game. I love the apple cider and pumpkin smell.

It is still quite warm here in Indiana, however.

Mousefever
09-21-2007, 03:09 PM
I miss the smell of cider donuts!!!

I get very homesick for Vermont every Autumn. It's hard to be in a place where most of the leaves turn yellow or brown. I miss the vibrant oranges of oak trees and the deep red of maple trees.

I also very much miss the taste of Macoun apples, which are only found in New England and New York.

Sigh...

:dory:

mouseaddict
09-21-2007, 07:30 PM
I have been in Jax for 9 years now and I get soooo depressed at this time of year. I miss the change of season. I grew up in Ontario and we used to go the Chudleys Apple Farm to pick apples.. then we would have marathon apple pie and apple crisp bakes...so the smell of apple pie reminds me of home.
I love the smell of the air when you go for a walk in the woods. The leaves on the ground, the smoke from the fireplace...man..I am crying now!