09-10-2007, 11:39 AM
Cast Members:

Me (Heather)
DS (Matt)
DD#1 (Courtney)
DD#3 (Emily)

Sunday, August 19th, 2007, Day 8 Part 1,
(Final Day)

One might think that since I would be making the long drive back home today, that I would either get the drive started, or at least hang back and take it easy, while the kids enjoyed some final time in the parks. Well, if you know me, then you would know that it was none of the above!

We did sleep in about an hour or so, but then got up, packed the last essentials, called for Bell Services and had some luggage stored, while we packed some in the car. That didn't take very long and we hopped a bus to MK.

We arrived at MK by 9:15, and proceeded to get an autograph and pic with Clarabelle Cow, while Matt went on ahead to grab fastpasses for Splash Mt. Once he got there he told us to hurry up, as there was absolutely no line and we could get on right away. So that is what we did. While walking through the queue, he hands mme back the tickets and fastpasses. I immediately notice that are 5 fastpasses, so I check them out and find that one was from yesterday. I also notice that he gives me only 3 tickets. I assume that he is planning to split off from us later and keeps his ticket, so I think nothing of it. On Splash, Matt and I are seated in the front, with Courtney and Emily behind us. I know that we will get wet, as we got quite wet from another log going down the final drop, the other night. But I had no idea, just how wet! The boat in front of us was spared, so i knew we weren't that lucky. The other log goes down and so much water came up over top of us, it was like a tidal wave. It was as if someone was standing right above us and dumped a huge bucket of water on us! Matt's backpack was soaked and he wasn't very happy about that. I looked like I literally just walked out of the shower! There was not a dry spot on me! I was worried about Emily getting so much water dumped on her at once, but it didn't hit them quite as hard. it was still more than she expected, but after the initial shock, she was giggling! Just as we were trying to recover we went down Slippin Falls, and again we got walloped. I've nevver gotten wet here before! Matt really wasn't too happy, he already lost a cellphone on this trip, he didn't want to lose an iPod and CD player as well! Thankfully, they were OK. Once off the ride, we hit the bathroom to try to pull ourselves back together. My hair was so wet, that I looked like I dove into a pool!

What better way than to try and try off was a ride on BTMR. It was posted at a 10 minute wait, but it wasn't even 5. Our FP window for Splash had now opened, but I ddin't think anyone wanted to ride again so soon! I was shocked when Matt was ready to go again! This time the girls sat off, and I rode with Matt. We did get wet again, but nothing like before!

We made our way over to Fantasyland, where Emily wanted a flight with Peter Pan, and we indulged since there was no wait! Matt decided to sit this one out. I think he was a little anxious to get in some of his favorites oe last time. When we came off, Emily was really begging for a ride on iasw, so I told the older ones, I would ride with her, and they could go on ahead to Tomorrowland and get fp's for Space Mt. and Buzz Lightyear. We were just about to end our voyage, when Courtney called to say, that there were only 3 tickets. I told her I thought Matt had his, she asked, but he didn't. He walked back to meet me. I told him to double check his pockets and wallet, but it was to no avail. He had lost his ticket. We had to walk back down Main St. to City Hall to get it replaced. Luckily, I had the receipt in my purse and it not a problem! On the way down Main St., Emily noticed the horse-drawn trolleys as if it were the first time. She loves horses and wanted to see them. At City Hall I showed her the stable where they wee kept and she spotted another gray horse. I told her we'd look more carefully after I got Matt his ticket back. Matt went back to join Courtney, and I showed Emily the horse. The CM standing there told Emily if she waited a couple minutes for the other horses to return, she would leet her hose down her horse. Emily was very excited! After the others returned "Lucky" was brought out and Emily was shown where and where not to squirt the water. Emily had a great time.

While in Tomorrowland, Courtney had ridden TTA one more time and then met Matt. They then saw the Laugh Floor before it was time for their Space Mt. Fastpass. They got in line while Emily and I rode TTA. When we got to Space Mt., the lights were on! Oh no, I bet Matt and Courtney were not able to get on. When we exited, Courtney called to say that they were the next to be let on, when it shut down. The CM told her it would only be a few minutes, so they waited. Emily and I tok a bathroom break and then a drink break,and they were still not out! Courtney called again to say it would really be only a few more minutes. So we waited some more. Emily spotted Buzz Lightyear over by CoP, so we went to meet him, and then waited some more! Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, they emerged.

The kids wanted to go back to Columbia Harbor House for lunch, so we trekked over there and once again sat upstairs with a view of the rehabbing Haunted Mansion. We really missed this on this trip! After our lunch of anchors aweigh sandwiches again, Courtney had one last 1st that she wanted to do. She is the only member of the family not to have ridden the Liberty Belle Riverboat. Matt was not up for this and decided to go his own way. he was hoping to meet up with his friend and his girlfriend & his family, who had checked into the Contemporary the night before. He also wanted to check out the shops over there.

Before lunch, I had gotten fastpasses for Buzz, so it was now time to use them. but we had to wait until Emily woke up! We hung out in the shade under the skyway station until she did so. After Buzz we waited 20 minutes to see the Laugh Floor Comedy show one more time.

Earlier in the trip, I had promised Emily that we would see the Dream Along With Mickey show in its entirety, to which she replied, "You always say that, and we never do!" I could not let her down again! We staked out great spots and waited for the show. This would be all we would have time for in the parks! It was really beginning to hit me, that our trip was over! Like a fool, the tears were streaming down my face as we watched the show! After the show, we turned slowly to leave and made our way down Main St. for the last time of this trip!

Part 2 is coming shortly!

gauvin4
09-10-2007, 01:20 PM
Wow! You sure are getting in everything you can on your last day ( I'm like that too!). :thumbsup: I can't wait to hear what you did for the rest of the day.

dolphinmickey9170
09-10-2007, 01:25 PM
Did you wave to Walt's Window for us on your way by?

What a great ending, MK!! My favorite place.

January-2007
09-10-2007, 03:46 PM
Thanks so much for the trip report! :mickey:

Bethis26fan
09-10-2007, 06:35 PM
Sounds like a good way to end the trip. Thanks for sharing.

iheartmickey
09-10-2007, 06:40 PM
You really packed your last day full of activities! I'd do it too if we didn't have to fly out at a certian time!

Thank you for sharing! :thumbsup:

pdrlkr
09-10-2007, 07:29 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

RedSoxFan
09-10-2007, 09:05 PM
Your last day in the park sounds like a fun one.:mickey:

DizNee143
09-11-2007, 11:02 AM
you guys really got a lot done before having to leave...glad it was no problem to get matt a new ticket!!...the next part is about your guys leaving..i hate that part of vacations!!

faline
09-11-2007, 11:46 AM
Heather, I'm so sorry your trip is ending! I always hate that last walk down Main Street with the Castle out of sight and behind you!

princessgirls
09-11-2007, 11:10 PM
Heather,

You guys had a great last day in the Magic Kingdom!

Even after your soaking on Splash you went back for more. Good for you.

Thanks for the terrific report.
Julie:mickey:

P.S. I always get sad leaving the Magic Kingdom for the last time too.

vizsla
09-12-2007, 05:53 AM
Thanks for the report.

DisneyorBust
09-12-2007, 08:10 AM
Now that's the way to spend your last hours in the Magic Kingdom! You sure got a lot accomplished!
Thanks for sharing your trip with us.:thumbsup:

ChipnDaleGal
09-13-2007, 04:17 PM
I am not surprised that your family of disney vets were able to get so much MK fun packed into your last day! :mickey: