PDA

View Full Version : 3 Beds or Suite

ShelbyAD
09-10-2007, 11:22 AM
My mom is taking myself & my sister to WDW for a week this November!!!! This will be our first family vacation. My mom is 64, my sister is 41 and I am 38. Yes, I know what you're thinking "you're just now taking a family vacation". Hey, better late than never.

Now, NONE of us want to share a bed with each other. Do you know of any resorts that has either:

3 Beds
A living area with a sleeper sofa
or a reasonable priced suite

Thank You!!

offwego
09-10-2007, 11:29 AM
Shelby, what price range are you thinking of? Would the allstar suites perhaps work for you?

Port orleans riverside has a trundle bed (but it's not very large).

The deluxes often have a "day bed" but it will be a single.

Hopefully others will be along shortly.

robyn221
09-10-2007, 11:39 AM
Hi Shelley,

The FW cabins have a double bed and twin bunkbeds in the bedroom and a double murphy bed in the living area. In addition, the cabins have a full kitchen and a very nice deck. Rates run $250 (value) to $365 (holiday).

Have a great trip!

Robyn:mickey:

#1donaldfan
09-10-2007, 12:09 PM
I don't think POR's trundle bed is going to work....it's a very small, roll out from under the bed type thing.......I guess it's up to you...plus it's just a place to lay your head.....it would cost much less for one room than to get adjoining rooms......

laprana
09-10-2007, 12:16 PM
I know at the Poly they have 2 queen beds and 1 day bed. The day bed is only a twin, but it is actually quite comfortable. I think several other deluxe resorts (except WL and AKL) also have the day beds. The rooms at the Poly are pretty large, so there is plenty of room for 3 people to spread out and be very comfortable! To be fair to all of you, you could "trade off" with who sleeps on the day bed each night!:sleepin:

DVCWDWMEMBER
09-10-2007, 12:25 PM
We have stayed at the Poly and the day bed is very comfortable to sleep on. Port Orleans rooms are much smaller but would work for you too. I am sure no matter where you stay you will enjoy your vacation. :mickey::)

KarenP
09-10-2007, 01:02 PM
I would go with one of the deluxe resorts that have 2 queen beds and a day bed.

The trundle beds at Riverside are intended for a child age 9 or younger and would not work for an adult.

ShelbyAD
09-10-2007, 01:54 PM
Thanks everyone!

I spoke with Wendy at Magical Journeys. Disney is having a special if you go between Sept & Dec. We got 2 rooms at the Pop Century, and 3 Five Day park Hopper Tickets for only $1,343. Originally is was $1,122 for 1 room. So it's only $200 more for an extra room. This works out great.

Wish the airfare (2 from CT and 1 from TN) was as cheap. I think the airfare cost the same as the 2 hotel rooms. :confused:

Good grief. My mom had specific times that she wanted to leave and come back - so with that the prices went up. I went through Travelocity to get the prices. Who knows, by the time my mom pays for the airfares, the pirces will change - hopefully a bit cheaper and not more expensive. I will check back at the times when airfare prices are low. Apparently that is: 12midnight, 11:00am and 2:00pm. I found that to be true when DH & I were booking airfares for a trip we took earlier this year. The price of the tickets went down almost $100 per person.