PDA

View Full Version : Getting to Coral Reef?

Hayden's Dad
09-10-2007, 11:17 AM
We have reservations at Coral Reef for 8:00. That day we will be in Animal Kingdom and it is during their Evening Magic Hours. How long would it take to get to Epcot, and what would be the best way to get there. Thanks.

Just 11 more Sundays until we leave!:blush:

offwego
09-10-2007, 11:19 AM
The buses will be runing from AK to Epcot..since you need to be at your ADR from 10-15 minutes early and it's at least a 10min walk into the park I would say you should leave AK at aprox 6:30-6:45..

DisneyDudet
09-10-2007, 11:22 AM
If it were me, I would hop a bus to one of the Epcot resort (they may all share a bus at that time) but to Boardwalk or Beach Club, and enter through the International Gateway, because from AK. It tends to be a little winding, and there may be more buses running to resorts than between parks.

But that's another option to look into.

MsMin
09-10-2007, 12:07 PM
I would take the international gateway route too. Hop on a BWI/BC bus and walk - I take the route right past Canada past HISTA and the Land and not past the main fountain in FW.
I'd give myself an hour - I like to get there a little early.

DDuck66
09-11-2007, 10:54 AM
Anytime we need to transfer from Park to Park for meals, etc. we always give ourselves a minimum of an hour. I would plan on leaving about 6:30. You can also just take the first resort bus that arrives and then transfer to the EPCOT bus at that resort. That way if you miss the bus for a particular resort you do not have to stand around waiting for the next bus.

ThanxForNoticin
09-11-2007, 12:21 PM
Most of the time I would also advise entering EPCOT through the International Gateway. However, in your situation, I think the most efficient way would be to take a bus from AK directly to EPCOT, and enter through the front entrance (where the buses drop you off). CR is located near the main entrance. The walk from IG would be much longer. But I would still allow 45-60 minutes for the trip. Have a great time.