PDA

View Full Version : Comedy Club?

Scotcelebrity
09-10-2007, 11:03 AM
My fiance and I are interested in the Comedy Club in Pleasure Island. I don't know anyone who has been there. Do you think we should go or have any opinions?:confused:

DWHUBBY
09-10-2007, 12:24 PM
first of all, Welcome to Intercot !!

DW and I went to the comedy warehouse in PI in August. It is a lot of fun. The basic premice of the show is that the comedians make up a story and act it out "improv style" based on audience answers to certain questions. It is hilarious. Get there early if you want drinks or a seat with a bar. We went just before tthe show was to start and got a stool but no place to put our drink or popcorn. Very difficult to drink, eat popcorn and applaud all at the same time (unless you have more than 2 hands). Also, if you want a chance to be the subject of another part of the show, SIT NEXT TO THE TELEPHONE IN YOUR ROW.

Here we go again...
09-10-2007, 07:20 PM
We went in February and had a great time. We did not get there early enough to sit by a phone, but the lady in front of us was "called" to be part of the show.
It is all improv and I think they do a very good job.

Eeyore3138
09-10-2007, 07:54 PM
DFi went there last August and it was really not that funny. Like one of the above posters, we had a bad seat without a table. This year we sat by the phone and were able to be a part of the show. Even so, it still wasn't that funny but we had a better seat at least. I would recommend the Adventurer's Club just across the way from the Comedy Warehouse. I could spend hours in there interacting with the characters and seeing the shows in all the different rooms. In my opinion, it is much more fun than the Comedy Warehouse! :thumbsup:

Magic Smiles
09-10-2007, 09:02 PM
Is there a minimum age allowed into the Comedy Club? My DS (15) is big into improv and would probably love this.

drosenbe
09-10-2007, 10:09 PM
re: one of the previous posts...It is hit or miss at the comedy club because it is totally improvised. We have been at more that one show in a night and one was great and the next, ehh. If you get an ehh performance, try to go back a second time.

I do agree with also going into the Adventurer's Club. It's our family's favorite. We were in WDW in August and spent a lot of nights there. You have to invest some time in there to really understand what is going on. Otherwise, you will probably be totally lost as to why these people are acting like they are. Try to see 'Samantha's Cabaret' in the library. It's one of the best shows, but they all are good... Kongaloosh!!

ktflisa
09-11-2007, 11:48 PM
DH and I love the Comedy Club. I don't know about an age limit - I believe you have to be 21 to get in -- seems I remember them checking ID's. As a PP has stated - it can be hit or miss. If the audience is not participating in a fun way it's not as good. You have to get into it. We have been about 30 times I'd say, and saw maybe 3 bum shows. Yes Yes Yes get in line early - grab a drink at the bar that is right there and hang out. The line used to be more fun when they had a live band on the West End stage, but they were re-doing all of that when we were there last December. It's more fun the closer you are sitting to the stage, because you can see some of the looks or hear some of the side comments better.

Unfortunately, I don't know if we'll make it this trip? :( It's a quick trip with my self-employed brother who we can barely tear away from work for ONE day much less the 4 we'll be at Disney! (I intend to get his family addicted so they go back for a longer time! :D)

Anyway, back to the topic - give Comedy Warehouse a try!

drosenbe
09-12-2007, 07:30 AM
There is no minimum age...we've been taking out kids to AC and CW since they were about 8. They won't get many of the jokes, but they always enjoyed the shows.

DisneyTwinsMommy
09-12-2007, 10:13 AM
Because there is no minimum age, I find that the Comedy Club is a bit more "Disney Friendly" earlier in the evening.

My recomendation, stand in line for the Midnight show (the last one of the night)... The line is right next to the New Years Eve coutdown stage. As soon as the fireworks are over they let you into the Comedy Club...

We have found that this is the best show if you are looking for a more "adult" show...

cheshirecollector
09-12-2007, 01:32 PM
I've seen the Comedy Warehouse show a few times, and the only time I've seen a bad show was because of an unfunny audience suggestion - the cast just couldn't make it funny. The other times, they were brilliant, especially with running gags and playing off of each other and the audience.

Clotho
09-12-2007, 04:38 PM
My recomendation, stand in line for the Midnight show (the last one of the night)... The line is right next to the New Years Eve coutdown stage. As soon as the fireworks are over they let you into the Comedy Club...

Just FYI, there is no stage there any more. It was taken out this past year.

I love Adventurer's Club. Improv comedy is my favorite! And I like the Comedy Club, but if I had to choose...AC!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
09-12-2007, 08:34 PM
We just took my 12 and 17 year old nephews last week. As long as the underage person is with a guardian/parent they can get in. It was funny, not slap your leg funny, but funny.
I just don't get the Adventure's Club.....

wendybird
09-16-2007, 12:46 PM
DH and I went and had fun. We were lucky enough to be next to a phone and we did get called. Was a funny gag! It was our first time so we had no idea about the phones!!

JohnHMCWYG
09-20-2007, 04:01 PM
A little late to this thread, but to anybody who may come across this thread when they're researching for their nights out at Pleasure Island, when you go to the CW, be sure to bring your comedic A-game if you'll be trying to submit suggestions. I've always tried to get a suggestion in, and sometimes they can do something with my idea, but occasionally they can't. It's a good place for the well-versed to go to, The audience makes the show as much as the cast members.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

AdventurerKim
09-22-2007, 10:27 AM
We love Comedy Warehouse and never miss it! The comedians have been great the last few years, although we'd been in the past when they weren't funny. I think the show has to have the right chemistry of comedians, audience suggestions, and sketches. One of us always tries to contribute something when we see a show; sometimes we're called on, sometimes not. It's always fun though, especially looking at all the WDW memorbelia in the theatre.

k_reile
10-01-2007, 11:24 AM
Dh and I just got back Sat from a trip to WDW. We went to the Comedy Warehouse and DH sat by the phone and got called. It was hilarious hearing them do a parody about our life. We found the show to be very good. We were tired after that show, so we decided to head back to our room so we never did make it back to PI to see the adventurers club.

prprincess
10-01-2007, 12:03 PM
We went once and loved it! It wasn't corny at all.

snowflakegirl
10-04-2007, 10:01 AM
We've been a few times now and have always loved it. It's definitely on our list of things we must hit while we're in PI.

Mollywobbles
10-21-2007, 02:00 AM
I love the Comedy Warehouse. I didn't get a chance to visit this past trip since I was too preoccupied with the Adventurer's Club.

I highly recommend that you visit CW at least once. The improv comedy is really funny. Each show is different. They normally have about 5 shows a night.

Also be sure to visit the Adventurer's Club. I'm obsessed with that place. It's my most favorite place to go in all of WDW. Be sure to stick around for a few shows (or all of them). For an extra suprise come back to the AC on a different night. You'll notice something interesting about the performers.

Magic Smiles
10-25-2007, 07:11 AM
Do you have to pay an admission to get into the the Comedy Warehouse or the Adventurer's Club?

ChipnDaleGal
10-25-2007, 10:14 AM
Two weeks ago I went to both the Adventurers Club and the Comedy Club for the first time. I liked the AC, but I greatly preferred the Comedy Club. I thought they were very talented and I loved to see all that improv happening right before me. I can totally picture myself sitting there some evening and trying to catch all the shows. I can't wait to take my daughter there sometime, as she loves comedy. :thumbsup:

PeterPansMagic
11-20-2007, 01:01 AM
Im curious. My husband will be in an ECV because of his cerebal palsy and Im wondering if he would have to climb down any stairs in the Comedy Warehouse?

drosenbe
11-20-2007, 09:40 AM
no, there are viewing areas at the top of the audience that do not require steps. Have a great time!

poeticeclipse
11-20-2007, 11:01 AM
Just wanted to thank everyone for giving tips and reviews on this place! I've been wanting to try it for a while but I feared that it would be a waste of my time. Next visit, i'm totally going to check it out!

bleukarma
11-20-2007, 11:28 AM
I was there years ago, about 7 years now. When I went I enjoyed it and it has been on my list of things to go back to, I just haven’t made it there. I thought it was hilarious and so did everyone else in my party. Since the last time I went the pricing has changed, how much is it to get in? Do you have to pay the full PI admission or can you just pay to go into the comedy club?

Tink's Friend
11-23-2007, 09:17 PM
(in response to the question about access in an ECV) no, there are viewing areas at the top of the audience that do not require steps. Have a great time!

Does that mean that those in an ECV or wheelchair have to sit a the back (top) of the audience? All the recommendations have been to get as close to the stage as possible, so that doesn't seem fair.

That's one thing I liked about the Adventurers' Club: My husband (in a wheelchair) and I (on a small scooter) were able to get right in with the crowd, sometimes right up next to the performers. That certainly helped us get into the spirit of things.

Suzanne Q
Bristol, TN

drosenbe
11-24-2007, 02:59 PM
re: wheelchair access...
First the top of the audience are not bad seats, but I there are doors at the bottom level (you exit out of those) which probably you can get to via a wheel chair. I would ask a cast member. Leave time, though to get to the lower level, since you might have to go pretty far around to get back to the show building.

DigitalDaredevil
11-25-2007, 01:35 PM
I have always enjoyed the Comedy Warehouse at PI. Some shows are better than others, but that happens with Improv. I have never been disappointed though. One of the main comedians is Brian Bradley. He is a tall guy with glasses. I saw him about 15 years ago at the local Improv and never laughed so hard in my life. I have seen some big names in comedy and this guy topped them all in my opinion. If you are at PI, you should go.
As others are also stating, the best club in PI is the Adventurer's Club. Very funny and entertaining.

Magic Smiles
12-27-2007, 12:16 AM
DS who is big into improv on his schools competitive improv team didn't want to go to the Comedy Warehouse. DH and DS went to keep me happy. After the first show, DS was hooked. He loved it and was amazed at how good the actors were. I thought he was going to "P" his pants a few times from laughing so hard. During our 16 nights in WDW we went to more than a few shows. Every show was so different, different actors, but all excellent. DS was surprised just how many "themes" of improv are out there.