PDA

View Full Version : Food Allergies/11 month old

disneynarula
09-10-2007, 08:11 AM
I am not sure if anyone here has had a similar experience...

We are headed down to :mickey: in about two weeks on the DDP. Since our DS11months is not on the plan we will have to pay OOP for his meals or bring food for him.

Will the chef prepare a "mini" meal for him? Can you buy items a la carte that might not be on the menu? Sharing is sort of difficult because he is allergic to milk,eggs and nuts.

Strmchsr
09-10-2007, 09:48 AM
If you let your server know of the allergies when you arrive (or put a note on the ADR) they will help make sure your little one gets something to eat.

illini
09-10-2007, 09:59 AM
We took a DD 2.5 with multiple food allergies. Even though she ate free at TS, they were extremely accommodating. Chefs came out at every restaurant and either figured out what to prepare specially for her, or walked us through the buffet line (I swear we had lots of people looking at us and pointing, just trying to figure out WHO we were-- it was funny!). You won't believe just how far they bend over backwards. It's such a relief, and a treat in the midst of typical customer service. Our local Six Flags refused to let me bring wheat/egg/nut/etc free snacks in for my DD until I pitched a fit with the GM. Disney's take on it is much superior.

Seasonscraps
09-10-2007, 10:06 AM
Let the CMs know when you make your reservations and they will give you the number to speak with the resaurants directly a couple of days before hand.

My friend's daughter has terrible food allergies she felt Disney did back flips to accomodate them every step of the way.

mermaidmarian
09-10-2007, 10:31 AM
Hi from the parent of another highly food allergic child!

As others have already said, Disney Dining Services takes the needs of its food allergic guests very seriously. When you make your ADRs, please indicate at that time that there is a food allergic member of your dining party. They will put a notation on the ADR, you should remind restaurant staff at check in, and usually, the chef will come to the table to speak with you about your specific needs, prior to receiving your food order. CS and Pushcarts also carry food ingredient lists (it is a laminated booklet), which they will provide to you to review in those locations when you are trying to make safe food choices.

That said, you may want to bring some items on your own, as an 11 month old is generally not eating a wide repertoire of foods. Since your child has options limited by allergy AND age, I would really recommend having on hand many of the items that you go to at home - soy based yogurts (they may be harder to come by on property) and special cereals (you didn't indicate if he was also wheat/gluten allergic).

With some advance planning, I think you will do fine and have a great trip.