PDA

View Full Version : Wintertime Enchantement CONFIRMED (Photographic Evidence!)

NotaGeek
09-10-2007, 03:06 AM
Ok, so I have seen this several places on the internet, and it looks amazing and I REALLY hope it comes to pass! The company doing this design leaked the picture and info on their website:

This show, an addition to the holiday decor and festivities at Disneyland, will feature 80,000 LED's on Sleeping Beauty Castle (35,000 embedded into Fiberglas snow and 45,000 in icicles, with an additional 480 custom LED strobes, all under 952 channels of control). Three times a night, a lush holiday musical soundtrack will accompany a snowfall as the castle shimmers and sparkles with "wintertime enchantment".

Melanie
09-10-2007, 05:27 AM
WOW! :eek:

NotaGeek
09-10-2007, 06:13 AM
WOW! :eek:

I know! Now I am even MORE excited for my December trip! :tree:

WDWfanatic742
09-10-2007, 07:44 AM
This looks really cool and I wish we could ever get something like this over here. I can already see people saying that they wouldn't be happy to see the castle in a different version, even if it is really cool.

Then again, they did turn ours into a cake :blush:

Carol
09-10-2007, 07:47 AM
:jaw:

Maleficent's Dad
09-10-2007, 07:55 AM
:eek:
Now that is cool!
Thanks!

kakn7294
09-10-2007, 09:07 AM
That is so waaaaaay better than a cake! :rub:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-10-2007, 09:56 AM
Yes, please. Let us all forget about the cake.....pretend like it never happened. Apparently, our castle is getting something similiar from what I am understanding at work.

If not, guess I'll make a trip out to Cali this year.

disneydrmr
09-10-2007, 10:20 AM
WOW!!!!! Guess my Nov. 1 - 4 trip would be a bit too early to witness this though....

ChipDale
09-10-2007, 12:39 PM
This could be either really beautiful or really tacky. If they're going to do, I hope they do it right!

ChipnDaleGal
09-10-2007, 02:27 PM
Michael, we are counting on you for pictures and video!! I am so jealous!! But I am really happy for you that you will get to see it. You can be our roving reporter!! :mickey:

NotaGeek
09-10-2007, 02:47 PM
This could be either really beautiful or really tacky. If they're going to do, I hope they do it right!

I thought the same thing Jane ... it looks amazing in the rendering, but there's such a chance it could end up looking like a bad bridesmaid dress!

Disney Babe
09-10-2007, 06:48 PM
Does this mean that the Castle will once again be covered and/or fenced to make necessary changes? That''s a downside for some visitors.

Chescat
09-10-2007, 06:51 PM
The interesting part will be how long it takes them to do this. Halloween stuff will be up until Oct 31st. Then the next day all that stuff goes down. Normally the conversion over to Christmas I think takes a week. Whatever the date on Small World (looks like Nov 8th) would be when this comes up. Unfortunately last year that weekend was when they filmed the Christmas parade. :(

I'm excited about this if they can pull it off. Would be awesome. I'll keep you posted Michael. Will write Nov 8th on the calendar to be there! :)

NotaGeek
09-10-2007, 09:53 PM
I'm excited about this if they can pull it off. Would be awesome. I'll keep you posted Michael. Will write Nov 8th on the calendar to be there! :)

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Does this mean that the Castle will once again be covered and/or fenced to make necessary changes? That''s a downside for some visitors.

Well, unless this huge thing can be done over night, odds are it would be covered up. Clearly Disney can't please everyone, and in this case the end product would be worth covering the castle for a while.

Carol
09-11-2007, 09:25 AM
Apparently, our castle is getting something similiar from what I am understanding at work.

Yes. Cinderella Castle will have 200,000+ lights for the holiday. The Fairy Godmother will light the castle in the evening.

The lines are supposed to be the same color as the castle - so they do not show during the daytime. :waycool:

This could be either really beautiful or really tacky. If they're going to do, I hope they do it right!Yep. It's the 'snow' that concerns me. You'll definitely have to give us your review when you see it in person. :tree:

2Epcot
09-11-2007, 12:54 PM
It looks like it would be great for the holidays. I will be there with camera in hand, if this actually takes place. Though I wonder if this was intentionally "leaked". I can't see someone jeopardizing future work with Disney to release an unauthorized rendering ... Disney is pretty strict about stuff like that.

drevlo
09-12-2007, 04:41 AM
Oh please! Oh please! Oh please!
I so hope that the rumor turns out to be true...
We'll be down there the week following Thanksgiving, so if it is done, I'm pretty sure that we'll get to see it!!:cloud9:

BrerGnat
09-12-2007, 12:40 PM
That is pretty cool looking for sure! I think it could work...look at Blizzard Beach! Disney definitely knows how to make "snow" look like it belongs there when it really doesn't. ;)

You can add me to the list of people who can potentially scope it out! I plan to visit DL a LOT in November, since DH will be home from Oklahoma on October 12 and he gets 6 weeks OFF from work until he has to report on Dec 1. We will be taking full advantage of our opportunities to visit DL during the week with our boys.

I especially like the fact that they are going to have 3 "shows" at night with snowfall (if it's true). I think my kids would love the "snowfall", but they can't stay up late enough to see it after the fireworks. :( This would provide that opportunity for us.

poohmom787
09-14-2007, 03:51 PM
That rendering is so very cool. My DD and I are going down for Nov. 16-20 on our annual Disney Trip. What are the chances of the castle being ready by then? Anyone have any ideas on that? Hopefully it will be up since it will only be the two of us and dd and I will be able to really enjoy the show and get into the full Disney spirit.

BrerGnat
09-14-2007, 10:41 PM
That rendering is so very cool. My DD and I are going down for Nov. 16-20 on our annual Disney Trip. What are the chances of the castle being ready by then? Anyone have any ideas on that? Hopefully it will be up since it will only be the two of us and dd and I will be able to really enjoy the show and get into the full Disney spirit.

I believe you will be RIGHT on time for the Holiday festivities. It starts on either the 9th or 16th of November (it's always a Friday for the big "kick off"), I just can't remember which one right now, but I would say *if* they are going to be doing this, it should be in place for your trip! Lucky you!

Carol
09-15-2007, 06:36 AM
Originally Posted by poohmom787
That rendering is so very cool. My DD and I are going down for Nov. 16-20 on our annual Disney Trip. What are the chances of the castle being ready by then?I was there last year, the week leading up to Veteran's Day. Decorating was done every night during the week and completed by that weekend. The holiday festivities were in full swing by Veteran's Day.

poohmom787
09-17-2007, 01:36 PM
Thank you so much for the information Natalie and Carol. I really appreciate it. This is the first time that it will be just DD and I. I am looking forward to a very special experience with her. She is 13 and I am amazed that she wants to spend some alone time with Mom. Luckily we are both Disney Fanatics. She is even planning out what rides she wants to go on first. What a sweetheart. Anyway, thank you for the info. If they do the castle, it will just be icing on the cake for the both of us.

JustDuckie
09-27-2007, 02:27 PM
I know! Now I am even MORE excited for my December trip! :tree:

All I gotta say is WOW :jaw:
I'll be there in December too this year (first time back home for Christmas in over 10 years) so I'm pretty excited as it is, now this! I do hope it comes to fruition.

pluto 77
10-04-2007, 09:20 AM
I really hope they do this too! We will be going to DL for the first time Dec. 1st and it was hard to make the choice not to go to Florida this year. But the castle looks so amazing in that pic , if they do decorate the castle i wlll be so excited:mickey:

NotaGeek
10-17-2007, 11:14 PM
I just posted a press release in Accomodations about the upcoming Holiday Disneyland happenings, (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=118352) and amidst the information there is this peculiar paragraph:

The legendary fireworks spectacular, “Believe…In Holiday Magic,” will return with new surprises. The highlight of the evening, this enchanting show will take guests on a magical journey of sights and sounds of the season that will feature a new musical score, special effects, a series of dazzling snowfall sequences and the park’s signature Sleeping Beauty Castle glistening with a blanket of freshly-fallen snow. The nighttime spectacular will end with a touching rendition of “White Christmas” and one of the park’s most beloved holiday traditions: a climatic snowfall that swirls down on Main Street, U.S.A., small world mall and New Orleans Square.

MegaDisney
10-19-2007, 01:54 AM
I cannot wait!

Just a few more weeks and we are Disneyland bound!

raevnzno
10-19-2007, 04:44 AM
I'm sooooooo looking forward to this. Am going to be there for my DD's 24th b-day.
She's not as 'sappy' as mom and doesnt cry at the drop of a hat, (:blush: llike I do) but the snow on main street always gets her going, but I think it has more to do with the awe in the little ones eyes than the actual 'snow'

Is it December yet??? :thumbsup:

Aisling
10-26-2007, 11:44 PM
Ooooooh, pretty! I really hope they do this and it looks fantastic. I do miss the crowns on all the turrets (any idea if they will be back???)

Does anyone know if they are planning to make the rendering into posters or - perhaps! - Holiday cards? Those would be very cool indeed.

Thanks!!

NotaGeek
10-27-2007, 12:43 AM
Ooooooh, pretty! I really hope they do this and it looks fantastic. I do miss the crowns on all the turrets (any idea if they will be back???)

Does anyone know if they are planning to make the rendering into posters or - perhaps! - Holiday cards? Those would be very cool indeed.

Thanks!!

:welcome: to INTERCOT!

The crowns on the turrets were for the 50th only and have been gone for over a year, so pretty much no chance since they don't really go with the present on-going (and seemingly never ending) Year(s) of a Million Dreams.

The holiday cards are already done and out, so probably no chance of getting cards made with the rendering since lots of the holiday merchandise is already for sale at DLR.

Aisling
10-27-2007, 04:49 PM
Thanks! I still love the crowns, even if they were only for the 50th.
I'm going up on Monday, I'll have to see if I can get any inside scoop on the castle for the holidays - and check out this years cards.
Thanks again!

DoomBuggyDude
11-02-2007, 11:25 PM
The top of the castle was covered in snow
last night. :D

NotaGeek
11-03-2007, 12:16 AM

WOO HOO! Everyone loves some insider information! :thumbsup:

BrerGnat
11-03-2007, 11:08 PM
I can confirm snow appearing on the rooftops of the castle. It has been rather chilly at night here lately...;)

I was at DL yesterday and I COMPLETELY forgot to bring my camera, or I could have gotten some great pictures for you all! I wanted to hit myself over the head when I realized.

Anyway, upon close inspection, the snow appears "pockmarked" in a regular pattern, which is where I am assuming there will be LED, Fiber Optic, or strobe lights shining through once it turns nighttime. I am SO excited for this. I may make a special trip on the 16th just for the fireworks show that night.

For those of you familiar with Blizzard Beach, the snow on the castle looks very similar to the "snow" over there, except that it's very clean. :D

What I am dying to know is, how soon BEFORE the fireworks show does the castle start with it's "enchanting holiday sequence" of music and lighting special effects? It's very unclear in the Disney literature. I am wondering if it starts happening at nightfall and then continues until the fireworks, or if it's just right before the fireworks. I would LOVE for my toddlers to see this, but their bedtime is 7pm, and they are NOT flexible on that. We can't keep them at DL much past 6:45 or they fall asleep on us over there. Neither of them would like fireworks yet (both are scared of loud noises), but my 3 year old, especially, LOVES all things Christmas, and seeing the castle all sparkly and surrounded by trees and snowfall would seriously flip his lid!

I'll be returning to DL in the next few days, and I WILL bring my camera to keep up with the progress of the castle.

NotaGeek
11-04-2007, 12:45 AM
Ok, further to our insider information ... here's a picture we have all been waiting for... it's the beginning of something cool!

Melanie
11-04-2007, 01:06 AM
Wow! Very cool, Michael. Thanks for the insider pics. :thumbsup:

drevlo
11-05-2007, 05:22 AM
Cannot wait to see the finished product!
20 days and counting!!:thumbsup:

DonnaT103
11-05-2007, 03:52 PM
I really hope they do this too! We will be going to DL for the first time Dec. 1st and it was hard to make the choice not to go to Florida this year. But the castle looks so amazing in that pic , if they do decorate the castle i wlll be so excited:mickey:

We had the same problem. DH still grumbles once in a while about not going to Florida, but I really want to go to California this year, probally for our last time. Florida will always be there next year.:wave:

24 days to go!! Can't wait!!!

Carol
11-07-2007, 09:00 AM
Here is the official press release; :waycool:

Snow Blankets Sleeping Beauty Castle, Creating New Look For The Holidays At Disneyland Resort

ANAHEIM, Calif. – New enchantment arrives in Disneyland as the holiday season finds “Sleeping Beauty’s Winter Castle” covered in freshly fallen snow. With its exciting new look, the Castle will serve as a shimmering centerpiece for a daytime holiday celebration, and as a snow-capped stage for the new music, lighting and special effects that will precede the legendary “Believe ... in Holiday Magic” nighttime fireworks spectacular.

The Castle will create a magical sense of wintertime enchantment throughout the holidays at Disneyland, adding to the many delights that traditionally welcome guests when Disneyland and Disney’s California Adventure parks are transformed into dazzling holiday wonderlands.

By day, “Sleeping Beauty’s Winter Castle” will be a sparkling Disneyland landmark and photo location for holiday visitors from around the world. As evening arrives, the Castle will undergo a transformation as special lighting effects and a new musical score take guests on a journey that dramatizes a young child’s dream for snow!

This magical spell will build to the highlight of the evening: the fireworks spectacular, “Believe ... in Holiday Magic,” which will take guests on a journey of sights and sounds of the season and will end with a touching rendition of “White Christmas” and one of Disneyland’s most beloved holiday traditions: a climactic snowfall that swirls down on Main Street, U.S.A., small world mall and New Orleans Square. To top it all off, the beautiful blanket of snow on the Castle will begin to shimmer like never before!

Such holiday magic may be found throughout the day in both Disneyland and Disney’s California Adventure during the holiday season. Themed entertainment, sparkling decorations, tasty treats and the annual holiday transformations of “it’s a small world” and the Haunted Mansion will add festive seasonal fun and warmth to Disneyland Resort visits from November 16 through January 6. The transformation at the Resort will come during Disney Parks’ ongoing Year of a Million Dreams celebration where guests’ dreams, large and small, are coming true through the Disney Dreams Giveaway.

Upon entering Main Street, U.S.A, in Disneyland, holiday guests will find the traditional 60-foot-tall evergreen Disneyland Christmas tree that is grandly decorated with 10,000 ornaments and holiday lights.

“Santa’s Reindeer Round-up” will return to Big Thunder Ranch in Frontierland, with the ranch transformed into a “West Pole” getaway where Santa can unwind with Mrs. Claus and his team of reindeer. Kids and their families can chat with St. Nick, see real reindeer grazing in a corral, play some reindeer games, create take-home Yuletide souvenirs and join in holiday line dances with music from a Western trio.

The Resort’s annual holiday parade, “A Christmas Fantasy,” will be presented November 16 through January 6 on Main Street, U.S.A. This ever-popular procession depicts an enchanting collection of holiday scenes, music and a cast of Disney characters and performers in Yuletide vignettes. Toy soldiers march in cadence, friendly snowmen dance and Santa waves from a soaring sleigh as his reindeer prance below.

Haunted Mansion Holiday returns with a madcap celebration where the traditions of Halloween and Christmas collide. The ghoulish but well-meaning Jack Skellington from the film Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas has come to the Haunted Mansion to transform it with his skewed vision of the holidays.

In Fantasyland, the classic “it’s a small world” again will become “it’s a small world Holiday” with a popular seasonal overlay that transforms this classic Disneyland attraction into a holiday trip around the world. More than 300,000 glittery lights will adorn the attraction’s façade.

Disney’s California Adventure will celebrate the season with fanciful park-wide decorations and lively entertainment. Guests approaching the park will immediately get in the holiday mood as the iconic entrance-way letters that spell “CALIFORNIA” will be transformed to appear as swirling red and white peppermint sticks.

Inside “a bug’s land,” Flik and his bug buddies will spread giant Christmas lights, oversized ornaments and towering candy canes throughout their realm. Alongside Paradise Bay, a beautifully decorated Christmas tree will provide a dazzling sight as other nearby trees sparkle with hundreds of lights and the lampposts are decorated with seasonal wreathes.

Sunshine Plaza becomes “Santa’s Beach Blast,” where the Disney characters playfully blend classic holiday images with the California beach lifestyle. Santa the Surfer greets guests near a Woody wagon sleigh, and the area is filled with seaside-style holiday decorations.

During the holidays, the fun will be extended with expanded park hours for both Disneyland Resort theme parks for much of the season. Downtown Disney District and the Disneyland Resort hotels will join in the merriment with twinkling lights and ornaments, special entertainment and holiday dining.

Also contributing to the holiday fun will be the continuation of the Disney Dreams Giveaway and the immersive entertainment experiences of the Year of a Million Dreams at Disney Parks. At Disneyland, guests can meet and interact with Disney Princesses at Disney Princess Fantasy Faire, with Jedi Knights at the Jedi Training Academy and with Captain Jack Sparrow and his crew at Pirate’s Lair on Tom Sawyer Island. At Disney’s California Adventure, guests young and old will be dancing to the beat of the new High School Musical 2: School’s Out! street show, inspired by the megahit Disney Channel original movie.

disneydrmr
11-07-2007, 10:00 AM

I can confirm snow appearing on the rooftops of the castle. It has been rather chilly at night here lately...

Hey- I was there the same time you guys were! And I too can confirm the appearance of the snow AND the rather chilly temps! The Castle was so beautiful!

tinkwest
11-07-2007, 10:30 AM
Some of the twinkling light strands are also hanging from a few spots now.

tamquilts
11-07-2007, 02:29 PM
:deer: I'm sooooo looking forward to this! I know it will probably be crowded, but I'm definately going to go up on the 17th or 18th to see the Holiday Parade, Fireworks, and Castle. I WILL take lots of photos to share with those who can't make it out this Holiday Season. :sleigh:

BrerGnat
11-07-2007, 10:01 PM
Some of the twinkling light strands are also hanging from a few spots now.

Yeah, we saw that yesterday. It does look pretty odd only like 1/4 done. Looks like someone got lazy. ;) Just kidding, of course. I'm sure it's a BIG job.

Toontown is fully decorated for the Holidays already. The tree, garlands, and holiday lights are all up already. I guess they're working from the back of the park to the front.

Chescat
11-13-2007, 07:31 PM
Somebody that works at the park said the decorations wouldn't be ready until Nov 12th? Anybody got any pictures yet? I haven't made it down there since before Halloween. :cool:

*tinker_belle*
11-13-2007, 10:11 PM
My question is did they get the rest of Main Street decorated with the tree up and the castle done by Saturday the 10th? I saw pictures from the day before the ABC Christmas Show taping and the park was nowhere near finished with the decorating.

*tinker_belle*
11-13-2007, 10:15 PM
And oh wow i just saw a picture of Cinderella's Castle in WDW. If our castle is going to look anything like that one, that would be amazing!! It looks beautiful!!!!!

NotaGeek
11-13-2007, 10:20 PM
My question is did they get the rest of Main Street decorated with the tree up and the castle done by Saturday the 10th? I saw pictures from the day before the ABC Christmas Show taping and the park was nowhere near finished with the decorating.

Looks like there was no tree for the taping ... it doesn't really matter though because they can probably get better camera angles without the tree in the way at the end of Main Street and they will just edit in the tree after the official Holiday Season Kick-off this Friday, November 16.

NotaGeek
11-14-2007, 12:36 AM
Here's 2 fabulous photos, one of the castle all decorated ... I really can't wait to see the FULL night time show ... and one for all of you that have never seen how amazing It's a small World Holiday looks in all it's glory! One more ... the tree is up on Main Street!

Melanie
11-14-2007, 05:05 AM
Great pictures, Michael. The castle looks beautiful! :tree:

Mufasa
11-14-2007, 07:13 PM
Looks like there was no tree for the taping ... it doesn't really matter though because they can probably get better camera angles without the tree in the way at the end of Main Street and they will just edit in the tree after the official Holiday Season Kick-off this Friday, November 16.

Yeah, they usually wait to put up the tree as well as some of the final decorations like the garland/wreaths that hang above Main Street so that for the Christmas parade taping they're able to use some of the taller parade floats from the Parade of Dreams for the broadcast.

It is quite a challenge to pull off an effect on the castle with snow that looks as good during the day as it does at night when lit up but I really like the touches they've added with Disneyland's castle in comparison with just the lights put up at WDW.

Hong Kong Disneyland's Sleeping Beauty Castle is also getting a holiday light effect, but it is more like WDW's castle than Disneyland's (it lacks the snow accents on the castle spires).

spooky_kitten
11-16-2007, 09:19 PM
i can't wait to see it! we're planning on going dec 13th. it's the only thing i want for christmas!!!

NotaGeek
11-17-2007, 12:58 AM
I finally found the picture I have been looking for ... the Castle at Night!

If also found a video of the Holiday Castle Show (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AW8rdn2y4ZM) if you would like to take a peek.

EPCOT84
11-17-2007, 04:01 PM
The castle lights look fabulous ! Not so thrilled about the daytime rendering. My first impression on the daytime shot was ..eh... they could have done the snow better. The tree looks great as always.

*tinker_belle*
11-18-2007, 03:19 PM
WOW now our castle actually looks better then WDW's castle! I LOVE it!!!!

Aisling
11-19-2007, 04:25 PM
Ooooooh, Ahhhhhh. Beautiful! I can't wait to see it in person!!!
Thanks for putting the picture up!

*tinker_belle*
11-19-2007, 06:08 PM
That video of the castle lighting made me cry!

tamquilts
11-19-2007, 06:59 PM
As promised, I posted lots of photos from Disneyland on Saturday evening. Click my profile link. There are also parade photos. Enjoy!

NotaGeek
11-19-2007, 08:05 PM
As promised, I posted lots of photos from Disneyland on Saturday evening. Click my profile link. There are also parade photos. Enjoy!
Thanks for the link to your pics! You guys are ADORABLE and it looks like you had fun! You should consider a trip reports, you know how we all love living through each others' trips! :mickey:

I will be at DLR on December 6 and I can't wait!

NotaGeek
12-23-2007, 10:05 PM
We just got back from DLR and the Castle was BEAUTIFUL! Seriously, SO pretty, the actual lighting ceremony was kind of cheesy, but it looked nice! The whole part looked GREAT! :santa: