PDA

View Full Version : Les Chefs de France for picky eaters?

Edenza
09-09-2007, 09:06 PM
A friend recently turned me on to Intercot, which is a wonderful resource and very addictive. I didn't find this question when I searched the archives so I apologize if it's been answered before (and if so, please point me in that direction).

My husband & I will be celebrating our 10th anniversary next week and we're having a family vacation at WDW to celebrate the week. For our anniversary dinner, we're eating at Les Chefs de France.

We've not eaten there before b/c my husband is picky (he's a regular meat & potatoes guy; we're early-lunching at R&C, his fave WDW food). We'll also have our two kids, ages 4 and 21 months, with us.

What's the menu like? Will it be an uphill battle to find something that he & the kids will like? He did enjoy a dinner at Marrakesh in 2001 so he's willing to try new things but he keeps asking me about the options.

Also, I speak & read French but he doesn't; are the menus in both? If anyone can point me to a Les Chefs de France menu, that would be ideal.

Thanks in advance or any assistance.

~ Eden

"SULLEY "RULES!!
09-09-2007, 09:27 PM
My husband and I are eating there as well for the first time on our trip in November (Nov.16)
We too our celebrating our ten year anniversary. We are actually going a few weeks after our anniv. which is Oct.18th. This year we wanted to see some of the XMAS festivities going on. I hear Chef De France is really good. We love to try new places too. We're going for 11 days this year and 8 out of the 11 days we're trying new restaurants we've never tried before. We've been going to Disney every year since 1997 ( honeymoon) til the present 2007. So on this trip we'll have to decide which reservation we want to celebrate our belated anniv. It doesn't matter though, we'll celebrate it during the whole trip. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO YOU BOTH. I hope you have a magical time, and a memoriable one as well.
57 days to go and counting......:congrats::tink::wave:
Enjoy Chef De France:mickey:

"SULLEY "RULES!!
09-09-2007, 09:32 PM
How is Marrakesh? We also are going there for one of our dinners.. I hear alot of good things about the restaurant. I see you're from central pa where? My husband and I live in Harrisburg, Pa. Looking forward in trying Marrakesh out. Hope to hear from you.:mickey:

SBETigg
09-09-2007, 10:07 PM
The menu items are in French with descriptions in English, if I remember correctly. Here's a menu sample: http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/menus/epcot/chefsdefrancedinner.asp.

My daughter is picky, but she loved Chefs, and she really liked the beouf en brioche, which is basically a cheeseburger. The mac and cheese(gratin du macaroni) is really good, too, from the regular menu, not sure about the kids menu.

Twinsowner
09-09-2007, 10:45 PM
How about that. My wife and I will also be there on Nov. 16th for dinner. It is our first try. I too am a meat and potatoes man, but I suggest going with an open mind and trying new things.We did that last year and found it to be a lot of fun. We didnt necessarily enjoy everything we ate but it was fun trying. Enjoy!!

Edenza
09-09-2007, 11:56 PM
How is Marrakesh? We also are going there for one of our dinners.. I hear a lot of good things about the restaurant. I see you're from central pa where? My husband and I live in Harrisburg, Pa. Looking forward in trying Marrakesh out. Hope to hear from you.:mickey:
We're from near Altoona :high5:

We loved Marrakesh. I had eaten there a year before with a friend and couldn't wait to go back. It was our second choice, in case LCDF was booked. The entertainment was fun but the food was what would have brought me back and, as I said, we're not experienced w/ international cuisine.

Thanks for the local shout-out :wave:

Edenza
09-09-2007, 11:58 PM
The menu items are in French with descriptions in English, if I remember correctly. Here's a menu sample: http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/menus/epcot/chefsdefrancedinner.asp.

My daughter is picky, but she loved Chefs, and she really liked the beouf en brioche, which is basically a cheeseburger. The mac and cheese(gratin du macaroni) is really good, too, from the regular menu, not sure about the kids menu.
Thanks :D I'm teaching my daughter how to order chocolate milk in French so I'll teach her "gratin du macaroni" next.

This is just what I needed. I hadn't seen this portion of the site yet so not only did this answer our questions but it showed me more of Intercot. I'm such a junkie now :mickey: