PDA

View Full Version : BronxTigger's Day 5 of 5

BronxTigger
09-09-2007, 03:42 PM
Day 5, Wednesday, August 22, 2007

You can read my pre-trip report here. (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=112363)
You can read my Day 1 report here. (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=115146)
You can read my Day 2 report here. (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?p=1413247#post1413247)
You can read my Day 3 report here. (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?p=1413257#post1413257)
You can read my Day 4 report here. (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?p=1413260#post1413260)

Resort: Caribbean Beach Resort, Aruba 5313 (http://travel.webshots.com/album/560609079FdXLbZ)
Cast: Me & My friend Amanda, a CM
For Day 5 Photos click here. (http://travel.webshots.com/album/560610062QRPArM)

Awww, the last day has arrived. The original plan was for me to be mostly packed so I could get up, shower, and throw the last of it into the luggage and head off to amEMH at Animal Kingdom. What really happened was not that! I did not pack the night before, and I did not get up at 5 to get all the packing done before catching a 7am or so bus. I don’t remember what time I got up, but I did get all the packing done (really glad I packed a duffel bag into my luggage on the way down…I needed it!). I called bell services to come pick it up. We went to the custom house where I checked into JetBlue and my luggage was whisked away for me to not have to deal with until I arrived at JFK. I gave my carry on to Bag check and took my park bag with me to the park. I decided I didn’t have enough time to go to AK and hop to MK, so I just went to MK.

At MK, I went on TTA, got a FP for Buzz before going on it twice. The first time my score was around 20k, but the second time the ride stopped just briefly, but I was able to get two scores (I had a car to myself) and one was over 70k and the other was over 90k. After that, I went over to the Jungle Cruise and got a FP before going to eat at Pinocchio’s. After lunch, my fast passes were ready so I went back to Buzz where I got a score around 30k. I stopped at the hub to get a Mickey Bar before heading to the Jungle Cruise. After the Jungle Cruise it was time to go. I did not want to miss my Magical Express bus.

I got off the bus at Old Port Royale and took one last browse through the gift shop. I was hoping to find a penny press with a CBR logo on it, but no luck. When I asked a CM about it because I had seen one of the Contemporary, she made a kind of rude remark about how the Contemporary costs more so that’s why they get one. Um….it’s a PENNY?? Oh well. I took a nice leisurely walk out the back of OPR and walked through Martinique and Barbados to get to the Custom House. I got there with a few extra minutes and got my carry on from the bag check. Then, I went to the front desk and asked if I could get an extra resort map for my scrapbook and she did one better. She gave me 3 maps and a whole welcome packet! Yay! Then, I saw the bus pull up so I hurried outside to catch it.

The ride to the airport was uneventful. We just watched the video (come back! Spend more money!) and made it to the airport. I had plenty of time because I had already checked in and I had eaten not too long ago, so I browsed the shops before going through security. I was very good…I didn’t buy anything. We loaded the plane on time, we were all ready to go, when the pilot announced we had a three hour delay. JFK was not letting anyone come in at the time, so we were stuck in Orlando. JetBlue did give us the option to get off the plane, so I did. I was sitting around for awhile. Just when I was getting up to go eat at McDonald’s, they said we were boarding again. Whatever. I wasn’t able to go get food (I didn’t want to miss the plane after all this mess), but it turns out I could have. A bunch of people were in the food court and had not heard the gate announcement, so we waited for them. At least JetBlue gives you as many snacks as you want!! We got in to JFK around 10 or so, 3 hours after the planned 7pm arrival. It was good to be home, but I still miss WDW. Fortunately, I'll be back at WDW for the Intercot meet! Yay!!

emerzmom
09-09-2007, 04:30 PM
I enjoyed your report. It made me excited about my upcoming trip in November.

SBETigg
09-09-2007, 07:43 PM
Aw, so sad to leave! And the flight delay? What a hassle. But thanks for sharing your time with us. Wonderful reports!

ChipnDaleGal
09-10-2007, 06:05 AM
Hopefully it was a little easier to leave knowing you would be back in October. You sure made the most of your last day at Magic Kingdom. Too bad about that delay with your plane. I bet you were glad to see home when you finally arrived. Thank you for sharin your trip with us. :mickey:

January-2007
09-10-2007, 09:26 AM
Thanks for sharing your trip with us. It's always sad when the vacation comes to an end, but how great to know you have another trip just right around the corner to look forward to! :mickey:

pdrlkr
09-10-2007, 09:59 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

disneydrmr
09-10-2007, 10:13 AM
I've really enjoyed reading your reports! Thanks for sharing your trip with us!

DizNee143
09-10-2007, 12:02 PM
glad you were able to go to at least one park before you had to leave..that stinks about the plane being delayed that long...
thanx for sharing your trip with us!!:mickey:

MOJoe
09-10-2007, 12:48 PM
Glad you had a good time. Thanks for all those great pictures! :thumbsup:

dolphinmickey9170
09-10-2007, 03:00 PM
I'm so glad you had a great time. I hate leaving the world too.:mickey:

IloveJack
09-11-2007, 08:47 AM
Thanks for sharing! I really enjoyed the report. I like how you linked all your reports; it was much nicer than looking for the next day.

iheartmickey
09-11-2007, 12:00 PM
I hate packing! YUCK! I'm glad you had such a nice time. It was great reading all about your trip. It helped me get my fix ... and make me more excited for our trip in Oct.

Thank you for sharing! :thumbsup:

merlinmagic4
09-11-2007, 12:21 PM
I enjoyed all of your reports! How lucky you are to go back in October!

faline
09-11-2007, 07:44 PM
See you at the Intercot meet! :hi:

gauvin4
09-12-2007, 11:06 AM
I'm glad you were able to spend part of the day at MK. Sorry to hear about your flight delay. :( I enjoyed hearing about your trip and seeing your picture. Thanks for sharing

disneykidsince1970
09-14-2007, 07:47 AM
I haven't read or posted in awhile as I recently had a baby but I am back to work and needed a little mental break at lunch. So, I just finished all of your posts - and it was so awesome b/c they are all linked!! and... the photos to go with it - perfect!! You made my day! I live in Switzerland and haven't been to WDW in almost 2 years and I am seriously jonesing for a fix... so, trip reports are great for me!!

Sounds like a blast - glad the migraine didn't stop you!

ElenitaB
09-14-2007, 10:15 PM
Bethany, thanks so much for sharing your trip.

The only cure for the "leaving WDW blues" is to start planning your next trip, but you have us all beat on that account! :thumbsup: Can't wait to see you there! :muscles:

Dsnygirl
09-17-2007, 03:14 AM
:mickey: Glad to hear you were able to get a little park magic in before your flight... we've never been able to manage that. And now - you'll be back in the world in a few weeks!! Yeah!! Looking forward to meeting you... :D

Bethis26fan
09-17-2007, 09:26 PM
Thanks for sharing.

mrsgaribaldi
09-26-2007, 03:12 AM
Sorry about the delay. I love Jet Blue. Thanks for sharing a great trip. I look forward to meeting you in 2 weeks:thumbsup: