PDA

View Full Version : BronxTigger's Day 2 of 5

BronxTigger
09-09-2007, 03:23 PM
Day 2, Sunday, August 19, 2007

You can read my pre-trip report here. (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=112363)
You can read my Day 1 report here. (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=115146)

Resort: Caribbean Beach Resort, Aruba 5313 (http://travel.webshots.com/album/560609079FdXLbZ)
Cast: Me & My friend Amanda, a CM
For Day 2 Photos click here. (http://travel.webshots.com/album/560522383Npmpbp)

This day started WAY TOO EARLY!! I had a 7:50am ADR at Chef Mickey’s, so I was aiming to be at the bus stop by 7. I was one groggy person this morning, but I made it to the bus in time. There were only a handful of people on the bus, and we were all going to breakfasts at either the Poly or Contemporary (MK didn’t open until 9). So, the great bus driver stopped first at the Poly and then at the Contemporary. I don’t even think he went to the MK. Amanda was already at the Contemporary when I got there. When we checked in for our ADR, the hostess was somebody I had gone to high school with. Not only that, but she is the sister of my friend’s fiancé! *Insert Small World music here* Breakfast was great. We had the chance to see Donald, Goofy, Pluto, Mickey, and Minnie. After breakfast we were going to go straight to the parks, but Amanda was exhausted and I was still tired. I think I had gotten about 8 hours of sleep in the past 48 hours. We went back to CBR to take a nap for about 2 hours and felt better. Not in the original plan, but I know I got more out of my day by taking time to sleep a bit more.

After waking up, we went to the Animal Kingdom. This park is great. We started out at Pizzafari before heading over to the Safari. We got a fast pass and a CM was also had a few fast passes for Everest. He gave us 2. We went over to Rafiki’s Planet Watch for a little bit. We saw Pipa the Talking Recycling Can. She wanted a hug. We did the petting zoo area also. I saw the same goat as last year. I thought they said his name was Jake but this time they said his name was Luke. Either it was not the same goat or I am bad with names. My maps and times guide were not eaten by any animals this time. However, I did spill Coke all down my leg. How, you ask? Well….I had gotten one of those Refillable Mugs that are good only at AK. They are about $6 or $7 to purchase the first time, and they have a big animal lid on them. To refill it (32oz) it is only $1. I had also gotten the water bottle lanyard and put it on the bottle. Well, it was getting low on drinks, and because of the big animal on top, it was too heavy on the top and it turned upside down and spilled what little was left all down my leg and into the dirt at the petting zoo. I think next trip I will skip the petting zoo. I seem to have a problem every time I go there!

After the petting zoo, we HAD to get a Mickey bar and then it was time for our fast passes for the Safari. We were near the front of the FP line when we got pulled off and sent to the wheelchair loading area. There were no wheelchair groups waiting, so they were filling the truck with random people off the general line. We got the front row, and nobody was to our right, so we had a good view on this trip. We got to see a lot of animals, including the male line and some giraffes (my favorites!). However, I didn’t get very many good photos. Most of them are blurry.

After the Safari it was time for the parade, which I’ve never seen. I’m so glad I did. The music is great and it’s fun to see the characters in safari gear. After the parade I went and bought the parade music CD and had it shipped to the resort. Then, we left because we wanted to get to Epcot before Future World closed at 7.

We decided to catch the Boardwalk bus and walk through the back entrance. I have never been inside the Boardwalk and wanted to see it, so we walked through the lobby on our way. We made our way through WS to Innoventions, where we wanted to do the robot thing. I’ve read about it here on Intercot but I’ve never done it. We made it into the last group of the day. One mother in the group was screaming that we shouldn’t be allowed to do it because we had no kids with us. If that was the way WDW was run, the adult ticket would cost less than the child ticket. The CM still let us play. Yay CM! Turns out, we won the robot race on the computers!! We had a time of 1:40. Then, we got to make our plastic robots. (It is at this point where my AK water bottle AGAIN starts dripping down my leg….and I had taken off the heavy animal lid….be warned if you get these bottles!!!)

After the robots we went on Nemo and Friends and Turtle Talk with Crush. Both were good, although I wouldn’t wait too long for either. Both were walk ons when we went. A dolphin swam by during our clamshell journey. After the Living Seas, we went to dinner at Sunshine Seasons. Then, it was time for Illuminations. I went to UK to look for SBETigg, but I didn’t see anyone matching the description she gave me. Turns out they had left early to go to sleep.

After Illuminations we walked to the Beach Club where we walked through the resort and caught the bus to DTD. We shopped for a bit before calling it a night. The bus driver we had on the way back to CBR was by far the funniest driver I have had anywhere. He was rambling on about not getting lost in the woods and he would make an evil laugh and flip the lights on and off inside the bus. He was also asking some trivia questions. The bus was PACKED but we were all laughing and having a good time. It was a nice end to the day.

Click here for Day 3. (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?p=1413257#post1413257)

SBETigg
09-09-2007, 04:18 PM
Excellent report! Thanks. And I am so sorry I missed you. I definitely underestimated how tired we would be on arrival day.

JPL
09-09-2007, 10:37 PM
Sounds like a great Day 2 :thumbsup:

ChipnDaleGal
09-10-2007, 05:46 AM
Except for all the liquids running down your leg, it sounded like a great day. I just love getting an entertaining bus driver at the end of a long day! Thanks for reporting. :mickey:

January-2007
09-10-2007, 08:42 AM
Thanks for the trip report. We love Chef Mickey's, we had that exact same ADR time in May! How funny that you knew the hostess! It's a small world after all... it's a small world after all... it's a small world after all... it's a small small world.... :mickey:

pdrlkr
09-10-2007, 09:55 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

disneydrmr
09-10-2007, 10:00 AM
Smart move on taking a nap! You sure had a busy day! I know what you mean about pictures on the safari.. pretty much all the ones I took on it are blurry also... off to read day three!

DizNee143
09-10-2007, 11:04 AM
i love chef mickeys!! its the best...wether its for breakfast or dinner...gad you were able to grab another quick nap!!...sounds like a nice day in the AK and then at Epcot!! :mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
09-10-2007, 02:07 PM
With the exception to the Coke shower, what a great day. I love when the bus drivers interact. That makes the ride much more fun.

faline
09-11-2007, 09:50 AM
I keep saying that I need to see that parade at the Animal Kingdom but somehow manage to miss it every time!

Very nice day!

iheartmickey
09-11-2007, 11:28 AM
Sounds like another fantastic day.

I LOVE the AK parade! I think the music is so great, and catchy .... I usually end up singing it the rest of the day! LOL!

We're planning on doing the robot too ... we always forget to go. Sounds like fun!

Thank you for sharing! :thumbsup:

princessgirls
09-12-2007, 07:44 AM
Great day!

Thanks for sharing.

Julie:mickey:

gauvin4
09-12-2007, 10:05 AM
Another great day. :thumbsup: I think I will make a point to do the robot thing in Dec. My DS13 would love it!! :mickey: Can't wait to read more!!

ElenitaB
09-14-2007, 09:44 PM
What a great day. Thanks for sharing. Now if I could get the music from the AK parade out of my head. :crazy: Luckily it's good music and I picked up the tunes from your afternoon and not from your morning.

Dsnygirl
09-17-2007, 02:44 AM
:mickey: What a fun sounding day - I'm looking forward to experiencing some of the same new things you guys did. Looking forward to reading day 3!! :D

Bethis26fan
09-17-2007, 09:09 PM
Sounds like a great day.

mrsgaribaldi
09-26-2007, 01:34 AM
Thanks for sharing:mickey: