PDA

View Full Version : CS crowds really that bad?

disneynarula
09-09-2007, 03:04 PM
Is it really that difficult to get a table for CS meals? After reading another post about "claiming tables" I am a little bit concerned. We will be heading down in a couple weeks during the free dining period.

BronxTigger
09-09-2007, 03:54 PM
They can be crowded at peak meal times. Most CS places open for lunch at 11. If you get there between 11-11:30 there is usually short lines and many tables. Try to eat at off-peak times to avoid long lines at CS.

I would usually eat a small breakfast and eat lunch early, or a big breakfast and a late lunch. That helps avoid the crowds.

Joy2theworld
09-09-2007, 03:57 PM
We had absolutely no problems last week/weekend (Labor Day) and we ate at most of the more popular places such as Columbia House, Pecos Bills, Flame Tree, the Land counter service, etc... the only place we had a hard time finding a table was at Ghiradelli's for ice cream in Downtown Disney. We were even able to find seats during the afternoon rain spurts...

CAS
09-09-2007, 04:03 PM
It all depends on season and mealtime. During peak season at prime mealtimes, yes. It'll be full. During our spring trip a few months ago we had to wait for tables even at somewhat off-meal times. But most often if you just time it an hour or so before or after then there's no problem at all.

SBETigg
09-09-2007, 04:29 PM
We ate at some peak times and didn't have trouble finding tables anywhere except Casey's, but they really don't have much by way of inside tables and it was parade time. Oh and Cosmic Ray's, too crowded, we opted for Columbia Harbour House instead. Some CS places have limited seating and are harder than others to find seats.

We had an easy time getting tables at:
Pecos Bill, Columbia Harbour House, Flametree BBQ, and all of the WS CS locations we tried in Epcot.

IloveDisney71
09-09-2007, 07:12 PM
I really think it depends on when you go to Disney. I've never really had a problem except at the Tusker House in AK. Both times I've eaten there, I had to stand around holding a tray for several minutes before a table would open up. Other than that I haven't had a problem.

Mandykay
09-09-2007, 10:05 PM
At Flame Tree BBQ at AK there is a TON of seating...you just need to look for it:mickey: If you go down the steps (and keep going) there are several seating areas that are often desserted. The only place I've ever had trouble finding a spot was at the Electric Umbrella at EPCOT, and that was mainly because a huge tour group of teenagers came in.

BelleLovesTheBeast
09-09-2007, 11:14 PM
Last year we went in Sept and didn't have problems eating anywhere. We even got into the TS places with just a little wait.

CaptSmee
09-10-2007, 12:13 AM
I have never had a problem finding a table at CS eateries. Most of them have huge dining areas. If it's a concern, avoid peak mealtimes (12-2 lunch, 5-7 dinner) and you'll be fine.

disneynarula
09-10-2007, 12:20 AM
We have little ones so we should be eating lunch early and then taking the boys back to the room for a much needed nap.

Thanks! I sort of freaked out after I read that post.

TheRustyScupper
09-10-2007, 11:39 AM
1) It can get busy during peak times.
2) But, so does your local fast-food eatery at 12:00-12:pm.
3) If it is too crowded, just do another ride, then come back.
4) In all odds, you won't really have too many problems.
5) Most WDW fast-food eateries are well designed.

princessM0m
09-10-2007, 11:57 AM
A good safeguard is to carry a few snacks, whether brought with you from home or purchased in a gift shop or grab and go, like snack mix, etc. That way if you find it busy you can have a snack and come back in a little while. We always carry snacks and if using CS, eat at off-peak times. Once I tried to eat at Flame Tree in the early afternoon and the place was mobbed. I went back a couple hours later and the place was empty.

#1donaldfan
09-10-2007, 12:27 PM
We've never encounted problems with CS meals....they are very busy at times, but it seems to be a fast revolving thing.....by the time your carrying your tray a table will come open.....I really don't think you'll have a problem....

tinkerbell04
09-10-2007, 02:15 PM
I agree about eating early. That worked out great for us and we were there in June. We planned on a very light breakfast, cereal bar etc and then an early lunch. I did find that some places do have upstairs seating, but you may not be able to see it at first, like Electric Umbrella and Columbia House. Pizza Planet in MGM has most of its seating upstairs. :mickey:

TBY2225
09-10-2007, 04:56 PM
Last year during free dining we had no problem anywhere we ate finding tables. We usually ate between 11:00-12:00 and even the lines were manageable.

GrmGrninGost
09-10-2007, 07:15 PM
In all the times we have been to WDW I think the longest we've had to wait in line was maybe 10 minutes, and only once have we had to wait for a table to empty before we sat down. That time, we waited about five minutes before someone left. We have been during the summer, free dining, Halloween and early December. Also, I think we have eaten at almost every, if not every, CS restaurant in the parks. It may be crowded, but I wouldn't worry arout it! :mickey:

Spaceship Tigger
09-11-2007, 07:00 AM
We never had a problem finding tables. But our problem two years ago was with the CS places that didn't open until 11:30. By that time there would be a crowd waiting for the place to open and a long wait time. I remember on our 2001 trip often skipping breakfast and eating CS lunch early, sometimes before 11:00. Now nothing opens until 11:00 and many not until 11:30.

KODABEAR
09-11-2007, 03:42 PM
Rarely have a problem, most CS locations have lots of tables. Some may be slightly hidden from the service lines.