PDA

View Full Version : Disney Music Experts-help please!

Bluesky481
09-09-2007, 01:46 PM
Okay, so I'm going to Disney in January, and need a little something to make the wait go by a bit faster...what better way to pass the time than to listen to the musical soundtracks of the attractions at Disney World?:music:

So here's where I need your help. :mickey: In your opinion, what is the best compilation of attraction and ride soundtracks from the Disney World theme parks? Also, where do you find the most reasonable prices for these CDs?

I just know you guys will give me the most reliable info! Thanks for your help:D

(My apologies if I have posted this thread under the wrong category):blush:

DizneyRox
09-09-2007, 01:54 PM
This is probably in the wrong forum, but I'll answer anyway...

THe best compilation? IMHO it's the Music from DIsney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park, but the HCOE Official Album was pretty good.

I usually pick them up while a Disney, but if I'm Jonsin' I'll order through mail order.

There are also a number of websites with music that's NOT available on CD, most of it is actually better than the released stuff. I'd suggest Google for that.

Fantasmic
09-09-2007, 02:24 PM
I have a great CD Which is RED
I think it's called "The Offical Album" IT's great! :thumbsup:

murphy1
09-10-2007, 09:24 AM
We LOVE the CD 100 Years of Magic!! It is the best one!!! We have also added Hanna, Cheetah Girls, Aly and AJ, Jonas Bros., HSM soundtracks since my kids love them.

teamblackwell
09-10-2007, 02:29 PM
Hey,
I'm gonna PM you with the best way to get tons of WDW ride, queue, and area music from all the parks.
Teamblackwell

EmcDuckRN
09-11-2007, 02:11 PM
I have bought several Disney Cds. One good place was the local thrift store. I've picked up lots of soundtracks that way. The local one benefiting research for one of the nasty diseases sells all CDs for $1.99.

The Classic Disney Vols 1-5, Fantasmic show, and POC COTBP I bought used through Amazon. (can I say that???) They were wonderfully cheap!

I got some ride music at Disneyland in the 1990's when they had a place set up in Tomorrowland that you could make CDs and pick the music to put on them (was not cheap at all!) I kind of wish I had done more than just the one.

The Disney's Greatest vol 1-3 I bought at the Disney Store.

Wishes and Illuminations will be bought at my next trips to the parks.

the remainder were purchased in the regular way, and isn't helpful for doing this on the cheap.

DisneyDudet
09-13-2007, 06:42 PM
I have quite a bit park music!

I have the Walt Disney World Official Album, which I believe, is the 100 years soundtrack. It has the Fantasy in the Sky music! I also have the 50th anniversary soundtrack for both Disney World and Disneyland, since I went to both during the celebration! You can also google ride music, as I have done many times. Also, Myspace has a few sites dedicated to music and you can download from some of their sites. I've found a few site with park music as well. I often will google randomly to find more, but most if it is the same.

You can always try amazon or ebay for park music. I know amazon has some Fantasmic and Illuminations CDs somewhere.

I have PMed you a link to a site that I've used before.

Also, just a note...I have 7.9 hours of park music! And the number increases all the time!

DizneyRox
09-13-2007, 09:08 PM
Also, just a note...I have 7.9 hours of park music! And the number increases all the time!
Not to brag, but last I checked, my iPod was telling me I was close to 6 DAYS worth of music, and it's 100% Disney music.

TIme to kick it into overdrive! :D

It's all out there for those eager enough to look. Everything from park music, attraction sounds, ride throughs, parades, and even unused tracks.

DisneyDudet
09-14-2007, 10:51 AM
I have ALL my Disney music split up between many playlist.. and I just opened my park music. But I haven't put some of my new things on there yet, like my space mtn. music I found the other day!

IloveDisney71
09-14-2007, 01:36 PM
The best one I have is: The Official Album WDW Resort Celebrating 100 Yrs. of Magic. It has lots of the rides and show music.
I also have Wishes & Fantasmic. I listen to them all the time when I need a Disney fix!:mickey:

Michigander
09-14-2007, 01:46 PM
Any and all the CD's are good. But if you can web stream the radio station mouseworldradio.com they play the music from the park all day every day. I love to have it playing while I work away my day.:thumbsup::mickey:

Bluesky481
09-14-2007, 07:45 PM
Wow guys! These are fantastic responses...thanks for all or your help :D Now I definitely have some "homework" to get on top of :mickey:

I hope others have and will find this thread to be helpful as well!