PDA

View Full Version : SWA assigned seating???

Tink&Goofy
09-09-2007, 01:43 PM
I heard some time ago that Southwest was trying out having assigned seating on some flights. Has this been expanded at all? I am not really a SW fan, but may have to consider them.
There are 5 of us going cross country including DD5, and DD12 who is hearing impaired - so obviously, we all need to sit together. Is this going to be an issue??? If so, I would rather pay more on another airline, to KNOW we could be together. Any thoughts or experience?

BigRedDad
09-09-2007, 01:47 PM
If you get in Boarding Group 1, you are pretty much guaranteed seating together. You may even be able to pre-board if the impairment can be used. Boarding Group 2 would most likely get you together as well. Also, many people that travel with SW are accommodating when it comes to people sitting together.

PirateLover
09-09-2007, 01:59 PM
There are 5 of us going cross country including DD5, and DD12 who is hearing impaired - so obviously, we all need to sit together. Is this going to be an issue??? If so, I would rather pay more on another airline, to KNOW we could be together. Any thoughts or experience?

Families with small children and those who are disabled are generally allowed to pre-board. With your circumstances I'd say you'd have a good chance of qualifying. To be safe, log on 24 hours before your flight to try to get A boarding passes.

sillyolbear
09-09-2007, 04:10 PM
Ask for preboard status or check-in right at 24 hours before departure to be sure and get a group 1 boarding pass.

SWA has said that they are planning to role out assigned seating in some form and I seem to recall it is 2008 that they hope to begin.

Beast_fanatic
09-09-2007, 04:12 PM
To the best of my knowledge, Southwest has not expanded the assigned seat trial. I haven't heard anything about them changing anything based on the trial either.