PDA

View Full Version : What are the "rewards" when using the Disney Visa

PrincessASquared
09-09-2007, 12:53 PM
My DW and I hate credit cards.:mad: But if using the Disney Visa will save us a few bucks, we might consider using one. What are the "rewards" to make it worth getting?:confused:

BigRedDad
09-09-2007, 12:59 PM
You get 1 Disney Dollar for every $100 charged. It adds up over time if you can get all your bills on it. I have car payment, mortgage, all utilities, all monthly expenses on ours. We get about $40 a month.

E-OR
09-09-2007, 01:02 PM
I have a Disney credit card and do not use it much but did book the free dining when it first came out because the Disney visa card holders got to book first. You also get 1 point worth one dollar for every $100 dollars you spend on a gift card to use at Disney parks, stores, and restaurants. It is not much but we figure we will get our resort mugs with our gift card.

magicofdisney
09-09-2007, 01:05 PM
You get 1 Disney Dollar for every $100 charged. It adds up over time if you can get all your bills on it. I have car payment, mortgage, all utilities, all monthly expenses on ours. We get about $40 a month.
I sure wish I could get my mortgage payment on my card. My mortgage company doesn't allow that option.

To the OP, obviously you need to pay it off each month for it to be worth while, but I so love seeing those Reward Dollars (not Disney Dollars) add up.

Darbylew
09-09-2007, 02:19 PM
I have the Disney credit card and it is great to
have some extra money when I go to WDW. I
use it a lot so I can get those extra dollars.

Beast_fanatic
09-09-2007, 04:17 PM
In addition to the 1% back and occasional offers prior to the general public, you also get 0% financing for 6 months when you book a Disney vacation package with the card.

There are some other minor benefits like 10% off at the World of Disney on purchases over $25 (some exclusions apply) and a card member exclusive photo opportunity at Epcot.

IloveDisney71
09-09-2007, 04:36 PM
In addition to the 1% back and occasional offers prior to the general public, you also get 0% financing for 6 months when you book a Disney vacation package with the card.

There are some other minor benefits like 10% off at the World of Disney on purchases over $25 (some exclusions apply) and a card member exclusive photo opportunity at Epcot.
The 0% for 6 months is the main reason I got my card. I also enjoy being eligible for some discounts before the general public. I use my reward points to buy sounenirs during my trips.

LoriMistress
09-09-2007, 07:33 PM
You get some rewards/perks, when using your Disney Visa. If you want, feel free to PM me with your email and I can send you info regarding it.

AuntDJ
09-09-2007, 07:51 PM
Let me start by saying I love my Disney Visa card....I use it for everything...

but....

One month I looked at my bill wrong, and shorted the total due (not the monthly payment) by $20. Well not only did I have to pay interest for that month but for the next 2 months as well...even though I paid the other 2 months in full...even though I pay it in full every month, and when I called to question it they were not very friendly...

Just a small caveat that I wanted to mention..

Again, I love my card and still use it as I love have the "extra" $$ for fun stuff while there!

DJ