PDA

View Full Version : Kitchen supplies

tundramom
09-09-2007, 12:24 PM
Can anyone tell me if there is a pan suitable for making pancakes in the cookware (ie: nonstick)? How about a toaster? And lastly, what type of filters for the coffee maker? Thanks a lot!

CarolMN
09-09-2007, 01:02 PM
Non-stick Pan/Griddle for pancakes -no.

Toaster - yes

Coffee filters - flat bottom, similar to Mr. Coffee brand.

Maleficent's Dad
09-09-2007, 03:03 PM
We were in a 1Br at the VWL last week and there definitely was a non-stick frying pan. Pancakes easily made in this pan.

Toaster - yup, 2 slice variety.

I just looked up the DVC website - said that there's a coffee "starter pack." I can't remember if it's a filter or two with real coffee, or if it's the coffee in the filter type of thing. I was just there and can't remember - sorry! Was too hot for coffee, even in the mornings!

TexasPrincessAurora
09-09-2007, 09:59 PM
The 1bdrm at SSR definitely had a non stick pan appropriate for making pancakes...and a toaster.

We didn't make coffee during this trip, as I was expecting, so I'm not sure about that one.

One thing I wish they included was salt and pepper at least...if not some other spices. It would be a pain to bring them and a waste to buy them for just a week.

Sharon1026
09-19-2007, 10:15 AM
The coffee is the pre packaged coffee in the filter variety. They also give you some packets of powder creamer and sweetner (sugar and fake).
I think there might be a few packets of tea, but I can't say that for 100% sure.

MsMin
09-19-2007, 10:27 AM
Last Dec. we were @ BWV and they had the coffee filter variety and it was so bad I couldn't drink it- too weak. Between the type of coffee and the different water:ack: then add powdered creamer and it tasted like insecticide (or how I would imagine it would taste). It did look like tea (color once brewed) but I know it was the coffee.
I've considered bringing my own coffee but I don't know how that would work w/ their pot.
I thought the pkt w/ the coffee did have a tea bag. My memory fails me here as well but the coffee has scarred me for life:blush: