09-09-2007, 11:03 AM
Cast Members:

Me (Heather)
DS (Matt)
DD#1 (Courtney)
DD#3 (Emily)

Saturday, August 18th, 2007, Day 7 Part 2

Once again, I'm sorry for the delay.

We had just returned from a very busy morning and afternoon at MGM Studios. Emily and Courtney of course, went down to Stormalong Bay, so Emily could build sandcastles. Matt returned from West Side, and decided to join them. I stayed back at the room for awhile and began the most unpleasant task one has at WDW, the dreaded packing. Yes, we would be leaving the next day! :(

After packing quite a bit, I also decided to go down to the pool and join them for a short while. When we were through, we split up once again. Matt wanted to use the remaining rider switch pass for RNRC over at MGM and then head to Epcot, for some browsing around the WS and then watching Illuminations. The girls still had some shopping to do, so it was off to the Marketplace for us.

First order of business, was getting some dinner at Earl of Sandwich. We just love this place, and we cannot pass up an oppotunity to eat here. One of the best things about this place, besides the great food, is that no matter how crowded it getss in here, and it does, the line moves so smoothly and efficiently! This time they even had a manager come out into the line and help anyone who had any questions about the menu. This really cut down on people getting to the front and not knowing what to order! For our meal, Emily had the PB&J, I had Cannonballs, (usually what Emily gets), and Courtney had her favorite All-American, she just loves the cranberry sauce! Courtney also got her usual Earl's Grey lemonade, Emily had a powerade, but I really needed a beer, Amber Bock. While waiting to pick up my foood, a guy says to me, "I've been coming to WDW for years, and I never knew you could get a beer here!" When I told him you can get one anywhere but MK, he nearly passed out!

After Earl of Sandwich, we once again hit World of Disney, although this time it was much more full! We will definitely do this in the morning from now on! Courtney got herself a really cute hoodie, Emily got a set of 6 princesses + Tinkerbelle, and I finished up with my odds and ends. Next we went to Team Mickey and got Ron an Adidas Baseball Cap. I know it isn't "Disney", but he really LOVED it, so I made a good decision. He never saw a cp quite like it.

The idea was to get some ice cream at Ghiradelli, but we were all too tired and hot to wait in line. I told Courtney, we'd try to get to Beaches N Cream before we left the next day, so she was satisfied! I think I just about made it back to the bus stop before I would collapse. While waiting for the bus, I was amused by a woman behind me who was going to Pop Century. She and her husbad were trying to direct people where to stand, so that when the bus came, there would be no one who got on the bus before her. She was incredulous to the fact that people did not want to cooperate with her. I'm all for being fair about who was there 1st, but she was trying to be a drill sergeant and no one was in the mood to take it from her!

Back at the room, I finished that unpleasant task, except for tomorrow's neccessities, and went to sleep for the final time on this trip!

Day 8 will hopefully be here soon!

DizneyFreak2002
09-09-2007, 12:45 PM
Thanks for sharing your report.

faline
09-09-2007, 07:05 PM
Packing to go home certainly is one of the most unpleasant tasks one needs to undertake at Disney World! Sorry your trip is coming to an end.

vizsla
09-10-2007, 05:46 AM
Thanks for the report.

January-2007
09-10-2007, 09:41 AM
Thanks for the trip report. After our last trip we are going to go the route of DTD shopping during the daylight hours as well, it was such a madhouse everytime we tried to shop at night!

DizNee143
09-10-2007, 09:55 AM
a nice second half of the day..except for the packing..it stinks but we all have to do it!!

pdrlkr
09-10-2007, 10:06 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

dolphinmickey9170
09-10-2007, 01:07 PM
I hate packing:fit:, it just means I have to go back to.....well......our "other" home; as WDW is my first home!

Thanks for sharing.

gauvin4
09-10-2007, 01:08 PM
Please say it isn't so!! :( Your trip cannot be coming to an end already, I am enjoying your trip reports so much. Glad to hear you enjoyed the second half of your day. Thanks for reporting.:mickey:

iheartmickey
09-10-2007, 06:27 PM
I hate the last night! It's so sad knowing that you have to leave the next day. It's nice you girls got your shopping done ... I know the WOD is madness in the evening!

Thank you for sharing! :thumbsup:

Bethis26fan
09-10-2007, 06:29 PM
Thanks for sharing.

RedSoxFan
09-10-2007, 08:59 PM
A great end to your day -- except the packing part. I like Earl of Sandwich too.:mickey:

princessgirls
09-11-2007, 11:03 PM
A wonderful evening!

The packing is dreadful isn't it?

I will say after packing up my house in 4 days this summer(11 years worth of stuff to boot), packing up at Disney was a snap. (LOL)!!!

Thanks for the report!

Julie:mickey:

ChipnDaleGal
09-13-2007, 03:42 PM
I hate how quickly the vaction gets around to the packing up for home part. Thanks for another fun report. :mickey: