PDA

View Full Version : Crowd levels: mid-July versus mid-December

TooGoofy
09-09-2007, 08:45 AM
:hi:
I have a question for those who have been to WDW in mid-December.

I am a teacher, and we usually travel to WDW in late June or early to mid July. We have been in WDW on July the Fourth! So I know how crowded it can get in the summer.

This year, through a series of amazing coincidences, we are going to be able to go to Disney in December. We will be there from December 13-December 18.

How will we find the crowds at that time of year as compared to when we usually go?

tinkerbell04
09-09-2007, 08:48 AM
We have been during that time and, I am a teacher too, also in the summer. I find the crowds in mid-December smaller then the crowds in the summer. Although pver the past few years it has gotten busier, nothing like the summer! Now.....Christmas week....that is another story:mickey:

Strmchsr
09-09-2007, 09:07 AM
I think you'll find the crowds a good bit smaller at the beginning of your vacation and the crowds will grow throughout the week, but as stated above they should still stay below July levels up until around Dec 23 or so.

WDW Dreamer
09-09-2007, 12:47 PM
I've been to WDW in December many times and will be going again this year from Dec. 8th to the 18th. It is much less crowded than the summer months. That being said, the closer you get to Xmas, the larger the crowds. You should be fine. You'll also enjoy all the holiday decorations and special events. Have a great time! :mickey:

faline
09-09-2007, 05:04 PM
The time frame you plan to go is my very favorite time of year to be in Disney! Crowds are moderate but certainly manageable and you've got all the wonderful holiday happenings and decorations!