PDA

View Full Version : What do we pack?

Disneymadmummyuk
09-09-2007, 03:52 AM
Myself,my partner,mother and 4 children are holidaying in wdw for Christmas and new year.
As i am so used to temperatures below freezing here in the uk and have only ever been to wdw in September I have no idea what to pack.
Do i pack summer stuff ?
Do i pack winter stuff ?
Or a mix of the both ?

Please help :mickey:

Seasonscraps
09-09-2007, 07:22 AM
I would pack clothes that could be layered. I was there twice in December and it was mild during the day 60's-70's but drop down to the 30s-40s at night or early morning.

disneydeb
09-09-2007, 07:44 AM
I usually wear jeans and a tee or sometimes a long sleevd shirt and put a sweat shirt over for night time wear. One year for a parade at night my girls wore mittens. They had gone swimming the day before. My experience is be prepared for mmost anything. Have a Happy Holiday!

Strmchsr
09-09-2007, 09:03 AM
You could potentially need either or both. I suggest as time grows closer you keep a check on the weather thread at the top of this forum and I'll let you know what to expect.

lindique
09-09-2007, 09:56 AM
It's not very likely that it will be hot enough that you will need shorts. I usually wear jeans and a tee shirt - with layers that come on and off during the day. Mornings will be cool. Sometime around 11:00 AM you will probably be able to take the light jacket/sweatshirt off. However, around 5:30, the sun will set and the temperature will drop around 20 degrees (F, not C). There are usually a few nights at that time when you will need winter jackets, hats and gloves in order to stay in the parks. You could also have a very warm snap where you will only need a wind breaker at night and could wear shorts a few hours during the day - or a very cold snap, where you might need the ski jacket most of the day.

That said, I usually pack short sleeve shirts and long pants, a wind breaker, a sweatshirt, ski jacket, gloves, and a hat (which I need coming from home anyway). Some days you will need some of the above, and others you will need all of them. Enjoy your trip!:mickey:

P.S. I must add here to remember to bring lots of sunscreen. Even though it might be cool at this time of the year, the sun is still much stronger than what you are used to in the UK. I have seen many very burnt tourists who didn't realize this.

faline
09-09-2007, 05:16 PM
I'd be prepared for all types of weather. You might need shorts or you might need gloves and winter coats. Weather is quite variable at that time of year.

bouncer
09-09-2007, 06:13 PM
Last year we did candle light processional on Dec 9th in Epcot. The wind picked up and was very chilly. Especially because of the Lake where processional is held. Because we also came from cold weather in December we brought to the park our gloves and ear muffs/head bands. It was the best move we made. There were lots of people buying up hooded sweatshirts, etc. Once that happens it can be difficult to even find warm clothes to purchase. Always take a jacket to the park even if it is warm because once the sun goes down it will get chilly. That day we had shorts on, put our jackets, mittens & ear muffs on. We were wishing we had pants too but it would have been too hot earlier for pants. Have a great time. Christmas time @ WDW is my FAVORITE!!!:thumbsup:

SteveL
09-09-2007, 07:08 PM
I can usually get by with shorts when it get chilly, as long as I have a sweatshirt to keep the torso and arms warm.

teambricker04
09-09-2007, 10:08 PM
Well... I think that since you are use to cold weather, you will be fine in shorts during the day. We were there last december and everyone in my family wore shorts and tee shirts all day long. I agree with others... bring layers since you aren't always sure what you are going to get. Or be prepared to by a Disney sweatshirt!

IloveDisney71
09-09-2007, 10:18 PM
I would bring a little of everything. I've been in Nov. & Feb. and would wear jeans and a t-shirt one day and need a jacket or sweatshirt the next. The weather can change drastically from one day to the next. I'm going in Dec. this year and plan to pack a variety of clothing. BUT I would certainly check the extended forecasts before you leave. They are pretty reliable.

J.T.Toad
09-09-2007, 10:28 PM
Myself,my partner,mother and 4 children are holidaying in wdw for Christmas and new year.
As i am so used to temperatures below freezing here in the uk and have only ever been to wdw in September I have no idea what to pack.

Are you talking about the weather in September or December
J.T.