PDA

View Full Version : Refurbishment on Rockin' Rollercoaster

Mickeylover71
09-09-2007, 03:15 AM
I saw that Rockin' rollercoaster is closed the whole month of Sept... How often do they close it for refurbishment?

Reason why I ask is b/c I have this sickening feeling all the rides I want to go on will be closed...and that won't be any fun :(

mikelynn91
09-09-2007, 10:01 AM
:fit:We're headed to WDW next week and RnR is near the top of our faves list! It's a shame we'll miss it this year!

It's really the only "biggie" that's closed this month. There are several other things but nothing that broke our hearts like this one!

mermaidmarian
09-09-2007, 10:22 AM
Having ridden it last month, and based upon reports of increasing down time, I think it is probably due for some refurbishment.

On this past trip, I found it much jerkier than I thought it was in previous trips.

cal5755
09-09-2007, 04:18 PM
We love this one as well!! I know it was closed for refurb in Sept. 2003 because we wanted to try it out... it was worth the wait though when we finally rode in 2005.

BelleLovesTheBeast
09-10-2007, 12:04 AM
I was so disappointed to see that it was being refurbished in Sept. It is my favorite ride. My husband and I ride it over and over again. It doesn't hurt that we're Aerosmith fans either. Other than the RNRC and the ToT there isn't much else that I really care for at MGM. The park in general needs a refurb. Oh, I almost forgot I also like the animation classes.....those are fun!

Figment!
09-10-2007, 09:49 AM
Past Refurbishment Closure Dates for Rock 'n' Rollercoaster:

January 2 through January 21, 2007
November 2 through November 4, 2005
September 6 through September 14th, 2003

Rodders
09-10-2007, 09:59 AM
Past Refurbishment Closure Dates for Rock 'n' Rollercoaster:

January 2 through January 21, 2007
November 2 through November 4, 2005
September 6 through September 14th, 2003

Going off that I should plan my trips for even numbered years. I'll start with our 2008 trip :mickey:

SueQ
09-10-2007, 10:21 AM
I'll be there Oct/Nov 2008. Hope it's not closed then. This will be my boyfriend's first trip in about 25 years. He wants to try this ride. I've never been on it. I'm thinking I may try it this time. I get nervous that it'll make me feel sick. Sometimes rides bother me and sometimes they don't. We'll see...

DisneyCouture
09-10-2007, 10:48 AM
On this past trip, I found it much jerkier than I thought it was in previous trips.

I agree. I felt it also the trip b4 last.

Samtastic
09-10-2007, 04:19 PM
Hate to say but i'm glad it's closing in Sept. I want during the Jan refurb last year and was highly dissapointed. We're going again this Jan, so hopefully (fingers crossed) the sept refurb will mean it's open this Jan. Sorry for being selfish, but missing it twice in a row would just stink!:thedolls:

Mickeylover71
09-10-2007, 07:20 PM
How often do they close rides? Just wondering b/c I would hate for some of the bigger ones to be closed..Now if Expedition Everest is closed i'm going to be VERY, VERY upset. But it just opened :)

mainemajor
09-11-2007, 08:14 AM
Having ridden it last month, and based upon reports of increasing down time, I think it is probably due for some refurbishment.

Last month I did not get to ride it at all. Once in line it went down and they closed the queue. Then on our last day we were seated in the limos when the lights in the garage came on and --- you got it - down again. This was more than frustrating as one of my sons that does not like rides such as Rockin RC had gotten up the nerve to ride.
Disney was having a bad day that day. ToT was operating part of the day with only one side running, great movie ride went down. On to MK where Buzz's ride went down twice and Space Mt closed for a while.
Oh well there is always stuff to do at Disney.