PDA

View Full Version : Magical Express Question

garthbarth1
09-08-2007, 09:19 PM
So we check in at the hotel and then we get our boarding passes and then they go ahead and take our luggage to the airport and then we only have to be there before we board? Just making sure because my husband is one of those "must be there two hours early and have the luggage checked in or it might not get on the flight" type of people so I want to get this all ironed out. But if we take the ME-wont it give us a scheduled time to be on the bus to leave for the airport?

Piglet822
09-09-2007, 01:29 AM
You should receive a confirmation letter on your door the day before your departure showing your DME reservation time. Please keep in mind, this is the time the bus leaves so please arrive at the DME bus stop about 10 - 15 minutes prior to the stated time.

If you are flying one of the airlines that offer resort check in service you can check your luggage and receive your boarding pass before you even leave the hotel. The airlines offering this service are:

American
Continental
Alaska Air
JetBlue
Delta
Northwest
United/Ted
Air Tran

I think I got 'em all. If you are flying any other airline you'll have to bring your luggage with you to the DME bus and the driver will load it onto the bus you're on and you'll receive it at the airport where you will check in as normal.

Just some added info, your DME reservation time will be approximately hours prior to your scheduled flight time and the resort airline check in service is available between the hours of 5 AM and 1 PM. You can check your luggage as much as 12 hours prior to your flight but no less than 3.

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Beast_fanatic
09-09-2007, 12:18 PM
Just some added info, your DME reservation time will be approximately hours prior to your scheduled flight time and the resort airline check in service is available between the hours of 5 AM and 1 PM. You can check your luggage as much as 12 hours prior to your flight but no less than 3.

That should be:

your DME reservation time will be approximately 3 hours prior to your scheduled flight time

I think Jeanne missed a key when typing. :blush:

TheRustyScupper
09-09-2007, 12:57 PM
1) You should leave WDW three hours ahead of flight time.
2) Your DME memo will tell you the time.
. . . they leave on every-half hour schedule (eg. 12:10/12:40, 2:25/2:55)
. . . they don't always stop at the resort if no peiople are scheduled
. . . thus, you just can't hop on the next bus
3) As mentioned, it is the DEPARTURE time.
4) The DME bus does not wait for you.
5) It leaves on-time.

NOTE: Some people say they don't need three hours, but at MCO, it is always a good idea. Security at MCO can be ugly and take a lot of time. On other days, you sail right through. Better safe than sorry.

Piglet822
09-09-2007, 09:44 PM
That should be:

your DME reservation time will be approximately 3 hours prior to your scheduled flight time

I think Jeanne missed a key when typing. :blush:

Thank you, Rhonda :thumbsup: I was a tad bit over tired when I responded to this post ;)