PDA

View Full Version : Very Nervous and please help...............

Gaylee
09-08-2007, 07:27 PM
We just got in all our paper to become DVC owners. We were buying 210 pts at AKL. We just booked for Feb , which I heard the weather is a bit cold for my vac taste. Number1 nervous reason. Number 2 are whole idea of becoming a DVC owner is too have two vacations a year one at disney the other trade for a world passport like Aruba, cancun , bahamas or other............ Next nervous reason it is costly , is it worth it , will I get what I want. We do also have debt are we being irressposible. I already have my air fare which is a pain and expenese to change and all my advanced dinner ressies. Help need advice.

DizneyFreak2002
09-08-2007, 08:07 PM
As long as Disney does not screw up your paper work like they did with me, then you should enjoy it...

LynneM
09-08-2007, 08:46 PM
Planning to stay in a non-DVC resort every year.....I'd think twice about that. The availability isn't always there and the value may not be what you expect. It's not as easy as the literature and the salespeople make it sound. To trade out once in a while is certainly reasonable, but every year....I wouldn't do it.

Many DVC members who do what you describe have bought two timeshares. DVC, for their WDW trips, and another one (Marriott, Hilton, etc.) for their other trips.

DVC is primarily 'meant' for staying at DVC resorts. There are other, much less expensive (especially if you buy resale) , timeshares that will work out much better for your non-WDW trips.

DVC Mike
09-08-2007, 09:12 PM
I wouldn't buy into DVC with the plan on trading via II (world passport) every year. There are other timeshares that are easier to do that with.

MinnieMommie
09-08-2007, 09:28 PM
It is normal fo ryou to get cold feet as you are about to make the big plunge into DVC ornership. Studies show that it is common for people to rethink their decision to buy when they are about to make (or just after they make) large purchases.

I don't know your personal financial situation but maybe you might consider starting off with less points and get a feel as to how frequently you can realistically utilize your DVC. I agree with DVC Mike. Your best value is to use your points at DVC resorts. YOu might like to purchase enough points for your planned yearly Disney vacation and plan another way for your other vacation plans. :mickey: