PDA

View Full Version : Getting TS without ADR's

cal5755
09-08-2007, 04:44 PM
I have ADR's for everynight except Wed. We leave in 6 days (woooohoooo!!!) and I have tried to get ADR's for Le Cellier, Coral Reef as well as a few others... all were booked. Can you go to any of these places and be seated without ADRs?? I know we can always go to Captn Jacks as they do not do ADR's but I really want to try something new this year!!

Tygger7
09-08-2007, 05:26 PM
You can try, but I wouldn't count on it, especially since it's during free dining. Walk up seating is very rare nowadays. I'd plan on doing counter service, or as you said, look for something in Downtown Disney. Good luck!!

January-2007
09-08-2007, 06:13 PM
I know we can always go to Captn Jacks as they do not do ADR's but I really want to try something new this year!!

Umm.... Captain Jack's does take ADRs... I tried to get a seating a few months ago for September and all they had available was after 10PM so I wouldn't count on that. If you have the DDP and you really need another TS I would suggest either making an ADR at whatever TS is open that night or maybe getting a breakfast ADR on another day or even that day. Try calling the morning of for what you want and you might luck out, but chances are very slim.

mainemajor
09-08-2007, 06:27 PM
Try getting ADR's for a late lunch. We ate a late lunch at LeCellier's and loved it. Late lunches gives you a break in the afternoon. We ate CS for dinner when we had late lunches and that worked out well.
Planet Hollywood is another spot you might want to look into. It's a lot of fun there looking at all the movie stuff.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
09-08-2007, 10:52 PM
We tried changing our ADR this past Tuesday and they could get us into Portobello's at DTD for an hour later, for 3 plus an infant. So maybe something at DTD is open? They were all turning away walkins when we were there.

cal5755
09-09-2007, 07:08 PM
I am soooo bummed out!! When we went in 2005 we tried making ADRs for Captn Jacks and we were told they didnt do reservations!! That is a must do for us and it looks like we wont be able to do it. I have yet to tell anyone in the family. DD 8 is going to be so dissapointed. I am going to call as soon as we get there to see if anything is available... I have this huge fear that on the 14th we are not going to find a single place to eat.

cal5755
09-09-2007, 07:10 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I did get ADRS for the 19th for the princess storybook dinner in Norway... has anyone eaten there before?? I am wondering if it is good.

pixiegoose
09-09-2007, 09:01 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I did get ADRS for the 19th for the princess storybook dinner in Norway... has anyone eaten there before?? I am wondering if it is good.

The last time I ate at Norway was before they turned it into the princess meals but my family liked it. Then again, you can normally find a jar of herring in my parents' fridge, so that might say something about our taste in food (the good ol' Norwegian roots coming through!). From what I've read here, they have Americanized the food somewhat from the previous offerings but most people seem to like it.

6 days to go! :mickey:

EllieMae
09-09-2007, 09:28 PM
I am glad you got an ADR for somewhere. I was very shocked to hear someone ask (as we were waiting for our dinner time in June) what time Le Cellier had available for dinner and they said December. Anyways, I have never eaten dinner at Norway, but did have the breakfast there this year and it was wonderful. Great service too. I hope you enjoy.

chick20679
09-09-2007, 11:13 PM
I've been trying for ADR's for our trip a few days after yours, with no real luck. We had most of our ADRs but were still looking for one night... We tried for most (except Planet Hollywood) of the DDP restaurants in DTD (including Capn Jacks) and couldn't get in anywhere but Raglan Road, which wasn't on out list at all, but seems like it will be fine for us, but even that didn't have alot of availability...
I would try to call a day or two prior and the day of to see if there have been any cancellations at Capn Jacks if you really want to eat there.
However, I would call and make an ADR for something (breakfast, late lunch, a restaurant that's not at the top of your list) or you may not be able to get in anywhere at all... I don't think alot of the restaurants accept walk-ups during this free dining time period.

Natazu
09-10-2007, 02:54 AM
Jym's Top-7 Best WDW Restaurants that have Easy-to-Get ADRs:
7. Biergarten
6. Nine Dragons
5. Garden Grill
4. Olivia’s
3. Grand Floridian Café
2. Kona Café
1. Wolfgang Puck Café

Joy2theworld
09-10-2007, 08:31 PM
This might be some of that Disney magic, but we were able to get a walk in dinner at Le Cellier last week. We went a little after 5 and asked if there was any chance. They told us yes and it would be about 20 minutes. 5 minutes later our table was ready.... We had tried many times to get ADRs with no luck. However, our meal at Kona Cafe was so much better than Le Cellier this time around!!

Jared
09-10-2007, 10:21 PM
Since you are traveling during the free dining promotion, it's harder to try a restaurant without a reservation.

Try for an Advance Dining Reservation at the places Jym mentioned. Kona Cafe at the Polynesian--No. 2 on his list--is one my of my favorite restaurants in Walt Disney World.

Some restaurants, even busy ones, occasionally have tables for walk-ups. If you're willing to wait, talk to a Cast Member at the podium.

BelleLovesTheBeast
09-11-2007, 12:49 AM
Jym's Top-7 Best WDW Restaurants that have Easy-to-Get ADRs:
7. Biergarten
6. Nine Dragons
5. Garden Grill
4. Olivia’s
3. Grand Floridian Café
2. Kona Café
1. Wolfgang Puck Café

We love Biergarten and Wolfgang Pucks. When I called I was told that Wolfgang Pucks did not take ADRs.

Natazu
09-11-2007, 04:29 AM
We love Biergarten and Wolfgang Pucks. When I called I was told that Wolfgang Pucks did not take ADRs.

They may have thought you meant Puck Express which is CS or possibly the Upstairs Dining Room which sells out quickly, then shows N/A F in the system and appears to new operators like it doesn't take ADRs. Wolfgang Puck Cafe definitely takes ADRs.