PDA

View Full Version : Laynard Pins & Airport Security

T-Belle
09-08-2007, 04:43 PM
...well not the lanyard, just the pins. I have them on my small back pack that I carry with me to the parks. I'm bringing this on the plane:plane: with me instead of a purse. Will I have a problem getting through airport security?

vamaggie
09-08-2007, 05:01 PM
When we went in 04 we brought 2 lanyards full of pins in carry ons and did not have any problems. If I were you I would put the pins into a bag (or some other container) and INTO the backpack for the trip vs. ON the backpack. I would be afraid that I would lose one somewhere along the way.

T-Belle
09-08-2007, 07:18 PM
When we went in 04 we brought 2 lanyards full of pins in carry ons and did not have any problems. If I were you I would put the pins into a bag (or some other container) and INTO the backpack for the trip vs. ON the backpack. I would be afraid that I would lose one somewhere along the way.

Great Idea, Thanks!

jkj1224
09-08-2007, 09:39 PM
I've travelled several times with my trading pins and never had any problems getting them through security.

cperry92380
09-09-2007, 12:08 PM
When we traveled in Nov 06 my niece wore her's on the lanyard around her neck with no problems getting through security. She just put them into the bin with everything else to run through the scanner. No one at any of the airports had any problem with it (B'ham and Orlando).

LuckyMum22
09-19-2007, 08:08 AM
I think the airport security people must be familiar with the lanyards and pins by now, especially for flights to MCO! They must see it once or twice! ;)

micahlei
10-07-2007, 04:54 AM
When we went back we had 2 lanyards

Put it in your big suitcase and you will be fine

I did the same before when i went to DLP on the EuroStar Train

You should be fine mate :D

Dznygrl79
11-23-2007, 08:40 AM
I have never had a problem with our pins at the airport. DH has a pin trading vest and I use a lanyard. Take them off and put them in a bin when you pass through the metal detector and you are fine. The TSA calls pins jewlery and generally treats it as such. Trust me if you ever saw us fly out of Philly its a site I love to start my vacations as soon as possible! I wear a Disney shirt, mouse ears, pins, and Eeyore slippers (so much easier for getting on and off at the airport and my trainers have gel soles so they have to be packed in my luggage). No I think airports must be used to us Disney People by now!