PDA

View Full Version : Give me the scoop on POP

Cozfamilyof6
09-08-2007, 02:42 PM
We already into planning our trip for Nov '08 (we haven't even gone on our October trip yet):blush:

What's the scoop on POP Century? What's it like? The grounds, the rooms, the food, the people that stay there....The price sure looks great - why should we keep dropping big bucks on the BWV if we can do POP and be happy?

Let me hear it all - good and bad.

mrsgaribaldi
09-08-2007, 02:47 PM
We've stayed at PoP 3 or 4 times and we really like it alot. I love the food court and shopping area. In the food court I love the parmesan crusted chicken and had that a few times, yummy. PoP was the first place we got towel animals. The CMs are very nice. We get a car so I can't help you with the transportation. We did alot of swimming last August in the bowling pin pool:thumbsup: The rooms are small but more than enough for the 2 of us:mickey:

Stan
09-08-2007, 04:22 PM
Here's my Pop Century image gallery (http://www.flmemories.com/files/locations/Location-PC.html)... outdoor shots.

PC is "crazy beautiful". :crazy: :yes:

Strmchsr
09-08-2007, 04:27 PM
Click here (http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/popcentury/default.asp) to go to Intercot's POP page.

TennesseeTink
09-08-2007, 05:06 PM
Here's my Pop Century image gallery (http://www.flmemories.com/files/locations/Location-PC.html)... outdoor shots.

PC is "crazy beautiful". :crazy: :yes:

WOW! Those photos are fantastic!! Thanks so much for posting that.:D

tinkerbelle75
09-08-2007, 05:30 PM
Stayed there for the Flower and Garden Festival Last year. It was not crowded at all, the shopping and food court are wonderful(the twinkie tiramisu and tie dye cheesecake are reason enough to stay there!:blush:)
We stayed in the 90's section and it was great. Huge pop culture icons everywhere. We had a computer outside our room.The music is SO wonderful. It just takes you back to "those good old days". The only thing you might be disappointed in is the size of the rooms, but if you don't live in your room while you're there, you'll be OK. I think everybody should stay at POP at least once just for the nostalgia. Have fun!! :)

disneymom15
09-08-2007, 06:23 PM
Pop is our 1st choice everytime we visit (which is alot). We really enjoy it there.

mainemajor
09-08-2007, 06:39 PM
POP is a LOT of fun. The entire resort is themed so well its just fun walking around seeing everything there is to see.
The food court can get crazy at meal time but I thought the food was above average and really enjoyed the shrimp lo mein. The tie dyed cheesecake is a must, if for no other reason than its there.
I've used Magical Express on my last two trips and both times POP was the first stop the bus made. I don't know if this is the normal route, but it bodes well.
We'll go back to POP again:cloud9:

mouseketeermom
09-08-2007, 07:40 PM
My daughter and I stayed at the POP for the first time this past July. Really liked it. The theming was great and the food court had a good selection. Even though the resort had a lot of people, it is so spread out that it doesn't feel crowded. The time I felt crowded was a night of a heavy rain storm and most people hung out at the food court and gift shop.
But overall I would recommend the POP, especially if you only plan to spend sleep time there.:cloud9:

"SULLEY "RULES!!
09-08-2007, 07:49 PM
My husband and I stayed there last year during our October trip. We enjoyed the hotel very much. The decor is amazing inside the main building and all the outside figures which go with the century you stay at. We were in the 60's. Next time we'd like to stay either in the 50's or 70's. You'll love it!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have a great trip.:mickey:

Tink#64
09-08-2007, 11:40 PM
Pop is just so cool! The atmosphere is wonderful, it appeals to DH & I & DS's 10 & 11! The Hippy Dippy pool is huge & DS's love the spraying flowers in the pool! There is also another water feature besides the three pools, Goofy's water jets are behind the food court. DS's always take a break from swimming to run & play in the fountains!
I know the more expensive resorts have all sorts of ammenities that the values don't have, but we go to WDW for everything that's there, not just the resort. For us Pop is perfect. We spend most of our time there, sleeping or swimming! We do try to spend some time each trip walking the grounds, there's some really neat things there. The huge icons are so unique & Hour Glass Lake and Generation Gap bridge is a nice quiet place to walk around or take a break on one of the benches & just relax. The grounds are pretty.
We've never had a problem with room size, although the values are the smallest, we don't spend much time in the room. I think it's tastefully decorated and all that we need. The bus stop situation is much better than the other values, which share buses. Pop doesn't share with any other resort. We always get a preferred room & don't think it's a long walk to anything. We've always stayed in the 60's section, and had a view of the lake from the walkway. We are away from the pool and have never had any isssue with noise. We hardly see anyone walk past our room! Love the music playing & relaxing by the pool in the evening with some cool libation from Petals Pool Bar! For us Pop is just pure Diney fun!:thumbsup:

jusandnew
09-09-2007, 07:46 AM
we stayed at the POP in August. The parkng is far off from the rooms. This is only down side I seen.The food court and the pools was a plus. The pools had balls supplied by them for people to play with. The front desk was wonderful.

MsMin
09-09-2007, 08:34 AM
Pop Century has always been a favorite of ours. We were first nighters there in Dec. 03 and since then we've always felt like part of the Pop family.
Parking can be far depending on the decade you are in. I find the fifties lot to be closer but has more limited parking. It helps to look at the map and find the shortcuts. It's just a fun place to go. The Icons are great and its fun to take some time off just to stroll around and look at them -take some great pics with them. Don't miss the shadow boxes in the lobby with the memorabilia from the Pop decades.
We don't spend a lot of time in the food court. At breakfast we usually just fill our refillable cups. We've been fortunate to have some great stays there, no complaints of noise or over crowding. Our favorite Mousekeeper there is Jose- he was our first and we've gone back to visit him. It's a great family place. Hope you enjoy it!

Eeyore's My Favorite
09-09-2007, 12:58 PM
POP is great - we're headed back in a couple of weeks. DH & I find it fits us perfectly. This time, however, we upgraded to a Preferred room as last time the CM checking us in put us in the back of beyond & it was quite a hike to the food court, etc. Rooms were nice - mostly just there to sleep anyways so the size of the room really doesn't matter to the 2 of us. There's tons of websites with different pics and information about POP - just be sure to visit a few before you decide. :mickey:

LandFan
09-09-2007, 05:20 PM
We love pop! We always stay there. The only other resort that seems to have the same hold for us is the AKL - it's so WILD to see giraffes outside your window every morning (pardon the obvious pun). Pop has a slushee machine too - great in the summer! They have a cool retro-arcade, a great gift shop and a very good food court:thumbsup: We've never really had any bus issues either. I guess I'm just so glad to leave the driving to them that I probably wouldn't notice anyway. :D

Gotta love pop! It really gives that Disney feel - whereas not all of the other resorts do.

DizneyFreak2002
09-09-2007, 05:27 PM
I have stayed there twice already.... I enjoyed my stay both times.... First time I stayed in the 50's.... Close to the buses, room was nice.... Expect it to be small, but livable.... Especially if you are going out the entire day and plan on not spending it in the room.... The food court is typical... Food is not bad at all.... The entire resort is well themed.... I love it..