PDA

View Full Version : 2 Day Challenge

SteveP
09-08-2007, 01:14 PM
Ok, here's the deal follks. I am travelling to Diseyland :mickey: for two days this week (Tuesday and Wednesday). We have a tour scheduled for Wednesday ("Walk In Walt's Footsteps" at DLP in the afternoon). Other than that the sky's the limit as to what we are willing to do. We tried to get the Segway tour at DCA but it is sold out. There doesn't seem to be any fireworks (:( boo hoo!) which stinks! We're looking for dining suggestions, can't miss attractions, etc. Whatever you can give us would be great! It's me and a buddy of mine and that's it, no kids. We're both in our 20's-30's. We're staying at Disneyland Hotel. The catch is we're leaving early Tuesday morning to get there so we need suggestions real quick.

Thanks!

Steve P.

NotaGeek
09-08-2007, 02:58 PM
Well, if you have 2 days in the Parks and you will be there midweek, there's not a "no miss attraction" as the crowds will be really low, and you will be able to do any ride you want multiple times. Nemo has been running a 45 minute wait still, but even that will be doable. Just go for it and use fast passes for the big rides like Space, Soarin', Screamin', Indy and you should be fine. There will be rides closed for refurbs and for Holiday makeovers, but I personally love this time at DLR because the crowds are SO low!

There area lots of great places to eat, for a great dinner consider Hook's Point or Steakhouse 55 at the Disneyland Hotel. Here's an old thread about the Best Kept Dining Secrets at Disneyland (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=103848) for some tips.

Have a great time and don't forget, Churros and a Dole Whip from the Tiki Room for snack time are almost mandatory! :mickey:

By the way, we would all love a trip report when you get back!

SteveP
09-08-2007, 04:40 PM
Thanks Michael, I'll see what I can do about the trip report! In the meantime, any other input is welcome.

tinkwest
09-09-2007, 02:02 AM
Pilot the Safari Adventure Remote-Controlled Jungle Cruise Boats near the Lost Bar at the Disneyland Hotel (don't forget to visit the Lost Bar too! :beer: ).

Walk through the waterfalls near the Bonita Tower (or whatever it is called now) at the Disneyland Hotel.

SteveP
09-14-2007, 11:33 AM
Last night we arrived home safely (thank God).

The trip was brief was wonderful!

Here's our report. There were two of us; me and one of my best buddy's. We are in our 20's-30's.

Tuesday September 11, 2007

I have to admit, it was a little uncomfortable thinking about flying on September 11th, but I quickly got over it. We flew first class out of Philadelphia; thanks to frequent flier miles! We arrived in Los Angeles just after noon, checked in right away at the Disneyland Hotel and asked for a room close to the monorail. We were told that if we wanted this that we would have to wait until after 3:00 so we left our luggage with Bell Services and went out to the park! We went over to the monorail and boarded the frnt cab around 1:00 and entered through Tomorrowland. We headed right for Space Mountain. We walked (briskly) through the quue line as there was no one waiting! We basically walked right on the ride and it was amazing! I really enjoyed the new soundtrack and track layout. We then went through Fantasyland stopping for the Matterhorn, went through the castle, onto Main Street, stopped for a Hot Dog, then went on to: Indiana Jones, Pirates, and Big Thunder Mountain. All this before 3:00! The crowds were thin so we got to do everything we came for...except the Finding Nemo subs, where everyone was. We decided that we would skip it so that we could enjoy everything else. We then hopped over to DCA and did Soarin', Screamin', Sun Wheel, Mulholland, Muppets, Soarin' again, and Screamin' again. We debated doing Tower but decided we would save it for tomorrow. We then hopped back to DLP, rode Space Mountain again, had dinner at the Plaza, stayed for the Parade of Dreams, then went to SM twice again; do you think we liked SM???!!!

The Parade of Dreams was really nice. However, it seemed a little brief and had a lack of flow to it. My sense is that they might be testing it to see what crowds think and then maybe expand it or they were short on cast.

The park closed at 8 and so we went for a brief walk through DTD on the way to the hotel. We stopped off at World of Disney for a little light shopping and then went back and "chillaxed" since we were tired to say the least.

Wednesday September 12th, 2007

The next day we woke up fairly early and had breakfast at the Steakhouse. I know, this sounds odd but they serve breakfast there. It was a little pricey, but we didn't have the crowds of Goofy's Kitchen.

After breakfast we headed for DLP hoping to catch a park opening show like in WDW but they didn't appear to have one, they just played a song with an announcement as people were already strolling through the park. We had an iced Latte from the bakery, and strolled down Main Street. We caught the 50th anniversary movie with Steve Martin and Donald. I highly reccomend it! We took our time and did Pirates again, Splash Mountain, and Small World before heading for DCA. In DCA we hit Soarin' again, Screamin' again, and tried to hit TOT but it was shut down as we were waiting in line. We ditched it since we had to get back to DLP for our Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour. We got there just in time and found out that it was only the two of us and our guide Claudia from London who did a wonderful job! We got to see the lobby of Club 33 (which is more than most people see!) and so many other hidden things. I even got to hold an animatronic from the Tiki Room!

We closed the day with the Parade of Dreams again and one final ride on Space Mountain.

Overall, the timing of the trip was nearly perfect; September was the perfect time to go. Thanks to all who gave us great suggestions!

Steve P.

NotaGeek
09-14-2007, 11:52 AM
Glad you had a good time, too bad you didn't get a chance to do ToT, it's SO good at DCA!

And Steakhouse 55 has the best breakfast at Disneyland ... no characters and not many kids! :mickey: Tons of us are addicted to it!

:thumbsup:

SteveP
09-14-2007, 01:21 PM
I forgot to mention it, but we DID end up doing ToT! After the tour, our guide Claudia gave us some readmission passes so we used them for ToT and good thing, since the park was about to close for the day and had an hour wait time for ToT!

disneydrmr
09-14-2007, 04:14 PM
sounds like you had a great time! I'm glad to read you were able to get so much done in just two days.. I'm going in November and will have just 2 1/2 days in the parks and was worried about being able to do much.. you've encouraged me... Thanks for sharing your report! Oh! How was the food at the Plaza? That's one of the places we are planning to eat at!

SteveP
09-15-2007, 12:18 PM
The Plaza was great! I had the fried chicken dinner and my buddy had the pot roast. We both ate more than enough and enjoyed it. The dinner cost us just over $30 for two: 1 entree & soda each. If you have a Disney Visa; bring it and use it - you get a 10% discount on everything! That's how we saved so much.

ChipDale
09-18-2007, 12:35 PM
Glad to hear that you had such a great time, Steve! :thumbsup: