PDA

View Full Version : Packing Pepsi

debandbub
09-08-2007, 09:36 AM
Any thoughts or ideas on how to get a six-pack or so of Diet Pepsi to WDW? Do we pack it in our luggage...what if it explodes? What about Garden Grocer...but it seems kind of silly for a just a six pack of soda? We are taking ME from the airport, so we won't have an opportunity to stop anywhere before we hit the land of Only Coke! Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks!!

Strmchsr
09-08-2007, 10:33 AM
I really wouldn't pack it. You're just asking for trouble. Baggage handlers aren't exactly renowned for being careful and it's a very good bet that even if it doesn't bust open in the suitcase it'll get pretty shook up - even if it's anchored in the suitcase. Garden Grocer has a minimum purchase, so you couldn't do just the 6 pack. My only real suggestion is either a.) live with Coke for the week or b.) rent a car/towncar to do a grocery stop on the way to your resort.

CanadianWDWFan
09-08-2007, 10:36 AM
Why not change your tastes to the Real Thing!:D

Seriously if you really need Pepsi :sick: :ack: ;) Garden grocer would be one way to go, but they might have a minimum order.

We stayed at the BWI last summer and there was a Hess gas station within walking distance. They had the selection you might like. So why not make a trip to the Boardwalk and then a side trip to the Hess station.

MickeyandTink
09-08-2007, 01:53 PM
I really wouldn't pack it. You're just asking for trouble. Baggage handlers aren't exactly renowned for being careful and it's a very good bet that even if it doesn't bust open in the suitcase it'll get pretty shook up - even if it's anchored in the suitcase.

I disagree. I've packed 7-ups and many different kinds of beers (I always like to bring home a few "available locally only" beers when I travel out of state) and have never had any problems with one breaking. Just make sure to pack them towards the middle of the suitcase and surroud them with padded things (sweaters, socks and t-shirts are great) and you should be fine. Plastic bottles are a safer bet than the cans. I would recommend letting them sit for a little bit after you unpack to reduce them foaming everywhere when you open it up.

Strmchsr
09-08-2007, 02:15 PM
I disagree. I've packed 7-ups and many different kinds of beers (I always like to bring home a few "available locally only" beers when I travel out of state) and have never had any problems with one breaking.

I wasn't too concerned about the breaking since I assumed they'd be in plastic cans or bottles, but the getting shaken up part was more my concern.

Scott C
09-08-2007, 02:24 PM
Just an idea -- but if you are in need -- what about the Hess station across from downtown disney or near the boardwalk. Both are within walking distance.

Thanks
Scott C

jonah'smom
09-08-2007, 03:53 PM
We always bring our own supply of Pepsi products as well, but we drive our own car, so we don't have any problems. I would have to agree with the Hess stations as your pepsi fix for the trip. I cannot survive for 7 days in a "world" with no Diet Mtn Dew!

tinkerbell04
09-08-2007, 05:44 PM
You could ship it down UPS or FEDEX also. Another option would be to take a taki to a nearby grocery store and pick some up:mickey:

ISLE39
09-08-2007, 07:40 PM
numebr 1 always pack any bottles in a plastic bag like a ziploc that way if it breaks it minimizes the leakage second of all i bring caf free coke not diet coke reg coke bc wdw does not sell caf free coke and thats all i drinki so i bring a cooler with me that fits in a bag and on the way home i pack breakables in the cooler i also use it in my room to keep anything cool that little thing they give you is so tiny u can fit like 2 bottles in it. also if you bring a cooler you can pack water bottles in it as well saves you 1 from drinking floridas toilet water and 2 you save 2 50 a bottle

snifflesmcg
09-08-2007, 09:22 PM
We always bring our own supply of Pepsi products as well, but we drive our own car, so we don't have any problems. I would have to agree with the Hess stations as your pepsi fix for the trip. I cannot survive for 7 days in a "world" with no Diet Mtn Dew!

Ah, from what I have heard, since the Hess is on Disney property, they only sell coke as well.

I drink Coke but only Coke zero and that is hard to find. I did pack a few cans in the bottom of my suitcase. I guess I'll find out tomorrow if they bust.

DisneyDudet
09-08-2007, 11:14 PM
Ah, from what I have heard, since the Hess is on Disney property, they only sell coke as well.

I drink Coke but only Coke zero and that is hard to find. I did pack a few cans in the bottom of my suitcase. I guess I'll find out tomorrow if they bust.

My mother was able to grab a Diet Pepsi and I was able to get Dr. Pepper at the Hess near DTD.

I was going to mention the Hess stations as well. DTD would probably be the easiest to get to, unless you are staying at an Epcot resort, then the one near BW would be best.

RALPH
09-09-2007, 08:48 PM
One of the plusses of renting a car for my wife. We can pick up some Pepsi for her and DS if they really want it.

teambricker04
09-09-2007, 10:14 PM
I wouldn't pack it. I would either go to a Hess, go to DTD or to the grocery store near DTD. Or.... you could always stock up in the airport on your way to the hotel. Kind of expensive, but less of a walk than anything near the resort.

sainter
09-10-2007, 12:22 AM
Orlando airport sells only Coke products also.
A few years ago, before Magical Express, when we would rent a car, we drove to 2 different gas stations on Disney property looking for Pepsi products and they sold nothing but Coke.
Now I have my last MD fix before I get on the plane knowing that I will very likely not get another until we land at home again. But somehow when I am in the World I don't care that much. :cloud9:

DisneyDudet
09-10-2007, 10:55 AM
We like renting a car for this reason, and we like a break from Park food and the park food price! If you HAVE to have it, you can always walk to DTD to Taco Bell. They have it!

We usually go to the Wal Mart there on 535 (or is it 6?) and stock up. Its usually our first stop before our resort!