PDA

View Full Version : Need some reassurance, please

DisneyMom3
09-08-2007, 09:10 AM
We are Florida residents and have visited WDW more times than I can count over the past 15 years. We have stayed at all the resorts. Our favorite is the Poly...but...the POR fits our bill perfectly in everyway. We have been VERY spoiled by the florida resident discounts!!:cloud9:

Having said all that. I just made a reservation for Oct. 26-29. They had no Florida resident rates available at all. We are on a limited budget. The only ressie I could get that would fit our budet was the All Star Sports. I've never really enjoyed the All Stars in the past. Maybe it's because in the past our kids were babies and toddlers. Maybe we'll enjoy it more now that our kids are 7 and 9?? I just LOVE the layout of the moderates and the deluxes. I always got that special Disney feeling when I stayed at one. I'm so afriad I won't feel the same staying at the All Star.

I don't mean to sound like a spoiled brat. I realize many people save for years and years to get to WDW and would be thrilled to stay at the ALL STAR. I just want this mini vacation to be perfect...even if we aren't staying in MY idea of the perfect resort.

In the mean time, I'm glad that we got a ressie on site. I do plan on calling back periodically to see if any Florida resident rates are available for different resorts.

Please tell me how wonderful the all star is...will I get the same 'Disney Feel' staying there???:confused:

brownie
09-08-2007, 09:31 AM
We enjoy staying at All-Star Movies. It's not the same as moderates or deluxes, but the Disney service is there and the theming is still good for what you are paying.

carley
09-08-2007, 10:17 AM
your gonna be in the happiest place on earth with your family... you will have a wonderful time

Strmchsr
09-08-2007, 10:29 AM
The All-Stars are great. They have their own unique charm. It's different from the other categories, but by no means bad. You'll have a great time.

disneydeb
09-08-2007, 12:17 PM
Happiness if found within one's own heart.

Your children are at the ages where they will enjoy oversized icons. I still do!
I' m just happy to be going back and saved many dollars bystaying at All- Star Sports this October! I've been at least 4 of the last 5 trips! It just seems to work for us!:mickey:

BronxTigger
09-08-2007, 12:26 PM
I haven't stayed at the All Stars. The values are not my first choice either, but given the choice of staying at a value or not going at all, I'd take the value every time. I was going to stay at All Star Music but found a great deal to stay at Coronado Springs for the same price, so I switched.

Your trip is pretty short so you'll probably be spending a lot of time at the parks and not at the resort anyways.

I wouldn't worry about it. They use the same size beds as the moderates, and the room size is only about 50 sf smaller than the moderates. No, the theming is not the immersion type that the moderate and deluxes use, but it is on site and it's Disney! Enjoy your trip!

MsMin
09-08-2007, 12:27 PM
I feel like I'm the mommy saying to clean your plate b/c somewhere children are starving.
Personally I think that it can be a matter of perception, especially in your case that can make or break the trip. I've gone back and forth from deluxe to value and back and have no trouble going back to a value if it suits my needs. In my business we would tell you that you "choose" to go and stay there- your other option is to stay home. Go and enjoy. We spent one night @ the ASMovies before the BWV last Dec. and hey we were at DISNEYWORLD.
I would do it in a heartbeat and I think the kids are at the age where they would love the exciting theming of the All Stars. You may want to bring your own pillows ;) but you've got a room. And when you have to catch the bus in the a.m. remember there are ppl who stayed outside the park.
Sometimes when we go to Disney and spend the day in the parks I could sleep on the park bench and I would be happy :minnie: Have a great time and remember what you miss this trip you can always plan on for your next visit, whether that be the Poly or the tea cups...

TheRustyScupper
09-08-2007, 01:38 PM
1) I am not a resort snob.
2) OK, so maybe a little bit.
3) We prefer not to stay at Values.
4) However, DD/SIL stayed and we went along.
5) It was GDG#2 birthday and we all stayed near each other.
6) I was TOTALLY and pleasantly surprised.
7) All Star Music met and exceeded our expectations.
8) We have done this thrice since.

floridamom
09-08-2007, 03:39 PM
If your kids haven't heard you express any misgivings about the Allstars, don't say anything yet. You may just find that they like them better than the mods or deluxes!! The giant icons and bright colors may not compare in your mind to the scenic and lush landscapes of the more expensive properties, but in my experience kids love them all. In fact, when I asked DD5 which WDW resort was her favorite, she said it was a tie between the Poly and ASMovies! (The Dalmatian buildings to be exact).

Our family is also fortunate enough to go fairly often, but always with AP or FL resident discounts. Sometimes we are able to swing the "nicer" properties, but sometimes we can't and still happily stay at a value. The key is knowing what to expect, and accepting it with a positive attitude. Whenever I'm tempted to think, "Oh, the _____________ is so much nicer at _____________," I just remind myself that we're spending a fraction of what it would have cost to stay at _____________.

The one thing that I'll say is that you should expect to contend with larger crowds at any of the values versus other resorts. There are just more rooms and therefore more people at the food court, in the bus lines, etc. Since you're going at a "slower" time of year, hopefully it won't be too bad.

Good luck, and have a great time regardless of where you end up staying! :mickey:

SgtTigger
09-08-2007, 07:02 PM
If you look at my signature I have stayed at the all-stars and at Wilderness Lodge in the same trip.....

I have no problem with the all-stars at all. As a matter of fact the food options are so much more at the all-stars...

We were able to afford to stay at the Lodge and did so but if I had to go back I would.....

I look at it this way...... I am still at Disney World..............
That is what is important.....

:cop: :tigger:

DisneyDudet
09-08-2007, 07:26 PM
:ditto: SgtTigger!

I like the All Stars for different reasons. The food is much better at a value. I miss a large place to eat when I stay at a Mod or Deluxe, even though the Mods tend to have a pretty good selection.

I also like the fun theming that they have, that you can't find anywhere else. The rooms are basic, but fit the needs or any person.

I would stay at a value in a heartbeat, but if I were given the choice, I would stay at a Deluxe... but.. who wouldn't!

pixiesmimi
09-08-2007, 09:29 PM
We have stayed at the ASMovies and thought it was great. We stayed a CBR this time because of the free dining were able to upgrade. But no more than we get to see the resort, we don't care which it is. We liked both. Of course we would enjoy staying at a Deluxe or Moderate each time but can't always do that. I would rather spend the extra money at the parks or shopping than at the resort that we don't see much of. The only difference to us is the distance of the bus rides. I would stay anywhere as long as I got to go to WDW!:mickey:

katzctkpt
09-08-2007, 10:28 PM
We have never stayed at a value mainly because our family size. I've heard good and bad on the values but, if the price fits the budget, the room is clean, and you're on disney property then i'd say don't worry and enjoy.