PDA

View Full Version : pool refurbishment??

raevnzno
09-07-2007, 11:11 PM
I apologize if this is a duplicate question, but I thought I'd seen somewhere that the main pool at CBR is undergoing a major refurb. Can any elaborate in this for me??

I'm planning a trip for January and this would affect my decision on where I stay. Thanks for your help. :confused:

cheshirecollector
09-08-2007, 12:19 AM
I've heard "from January 7th thru mid-September" it will be closed. There are also six good-sized village pools available at CBR if just being able to swim is important to you, though. And supposedly there will be small slides temporarily placed at two of those pools while the main pool is under rehab. Just what I've heard so far; not sure if it's accurate.

CleveRocks
09-08-2007, 07:01 AM
Very accurate!

Figment!
09-08-2007, 11:58 AM
From rehabs (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/calendar/refurb.asp)
Old Port Royale Feature Pool at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort will be closed January 8 - September 15, 2008. During this time, Guests may continue to use the six leisure pools located throughout the resort. Additionally, waterslides for children will be added at the Barbados and Jamaica village pools and enhanced children's recreation activities will be offered.

raevnzno
09-09-2007, 12:26 AM
Thanks loads! I knew you guys would be able to help me. :)

BronxTigger
09-09-2007, 08:29 AM
I overheard somebody talking about that rehab while I was at CBR. They said they were going to really change the OPR pool, because it is very small for a resort of that size. They said they were removing the bridge thing (lifeguards can't see around it) and enlarging the pool.

Of course, I have no idea how much truth is in that, so we'll have to wait and see what happens when it actually closes.