PDA

View Full Version : How hot can it be at WDW in August? Sizzling is the right word! Day 2

Mom2princesses
09-07-2007, 10:31 PM
To see day one click on this link:
How hot can it be at WDW in August? Sizzling is the right word! 8/25 to 8/30 (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=114553)

Day 2 - Aug 26th – Breakfast at the Castle – My little one’s dream comes true!

Well mommy got a wake up call from Stitch and Mickey at 6:30 am! I jumped in the shower and started to get ready. We had to be at the Castle for Breakfast by 8:25. My dh got up next and took his shower and we woke the girls up at 7:15. They both had taken their bath and shower the night before so they just had to wake up and get dressed. I had purchased a really cute Cinderella tutu costume for my little one. I didn’t want to get her a long dress because I knew it would be hot. I put her Disney short set on underneath so all we had to do was take the costume off when we were done. Today would be a magical but long day. It was evening EMH at the Magic Kingdom today as well so I knew we would be there late tonight.

My little Diva, um princess was so excited. She was finally going to meet her favorite princess and see the Castle, which is all she talked about the past few months. My older daughter was looking forward to it as well since we were unable to get an ADR when we were last at WDW for her 5th birthday. She is now 10 but still has that little girl in her. During this whole trip she loved meeting the characters. I am so glad we finally got to go again before she was too old to get excited.

Ok back to the trip report. We headed off to the monorail and had to wait just a few minutes before one came. We went to the gate where there was already a large group of people waiting for the MK to open. We went to the CM and told her we had an ADR for breakfast. She asked our name and checked her list. She told us to go ahead and off we went. It was wonderful being on main street with just a few people around. My heart was racing as we headed towards Main Street. I could not wait to see my little one’s face the first time she saw the Castle. It is a moment I will never forget just like her sister’s very first visit. I started to cry when I saw her little face light up. She almost jumped out of her stroller. The Castle mommy! There is Cinderella’s castle!

We stopped to take a few pictures of in front of the castle. (http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd23/Mom2princesses_2007/becandsamatcastle.jpg)

We then proceeded directly to Cinderella’s Royal Table. We checked in and they immediately let us inside to meet the one and only Cinderella. My little was ready to run right to her so I had to quickly pick her up and tell her we had to wait our turn. There were a few families in front of us. She patiently waited and looked at Cinderella the whole time. She was totally in awe of meeting her favorite princess.

There was one or two little ones that started to cry when they went up to meet Cinderella but not my little one when it was our turn she just ran up to Cinderella and Cindy was wonderful she knelt down and returned the big hug that my little princess gave her. My dh got this great picture of the two of them (http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd23/Mom2princesses_2007/CINDERALLA1.jpg). It came out better than the picture they took of us.

Next we went up the stairs to the restaurant and the girls got their wands. I was so happy that they gave one to my older daughter she was thrilled too. She is tall for her age and looks even older than 10 I was worried that they would not give her a wand. But they did. Both of them of course were called princess the whole time. The food was absolutely wonderful. The potatoes were super and the fried Danish delicious. We really enjoyed the food. The atmosphere was great and all the princesses were wonderful. We got to see Sleeping Beauty, Bell (in her Blue dress – she was excellent), Mary Poppins (she really played her part well too! Asked me if the girls were behaving and minding their manners, told them not to slouch when the picture was being taken.) and the Fairy Godmother. Here are some pics of our breakfast.

Mary Poppins (http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd23/Mom2princesses_2007/MaryPoppins.jpg)
Belle (http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd23/Mom2princesses_2007/BelltalkingtoS.jpg)
Making a Wish (http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd23/Mom2princesses_2007/Makingawish.jpg)
The girls also participated in making a wish by waving their wands over their wishing star. It was a great breakfast and even more important a great experience.

After breakfast, we were off to Dumbo. My dh took little Cindy on Dumbo while Ariel and I went to Space Mountain to get FP. We got 4 Fastpasses using my little one’s ticket. Back we went to join my little one and dh. We went to wait for Ariel because the line was not that long. But it seems like just as we were moving up close Ariel had to take a break. But we were so close we had to wait. The girls played in the grotto area while mom waited on line. I look at the pictures and see my older one playing in the water sprinklers and I remembered when she was only 2 years old doing the same thing. It brings tears to my eyes she has grown up way too fast.

After meeting Ariel (http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd23/Mom2princesses_2007/Ariel.jpg)we were off to do Snow White (it was scary for my little one) but she handled it pretty well. Then we went to Pooh it is really cute but my little one was not too keen after the Snow White ride but she relaxed once the ride started. My older daughter and I then went to Space Mountain to use our FP. We both had a blast and decided to go back on immediately to use our other 2 fast passes. Well as we approached the end of the waiting area, right after the final turnstile where the FP and Regular line merge, Space Mountain broke down. So they gave us all FP’s that could be used on any ride in the MK at anytime! We had to exit and my cell phone rang my dh was looking for us he and my little Diva went on the TTA. We went down to meet them.

My little Diva did not want to go on Buzz so we went back and the 4 of us road the teacups together. We then went on Goofy’s Barnstormer and visited Mickey’s House and met the Mouse (http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd23/Mom2princesses_2007/MickeyandS.jpg). By this time it was around 1:00 and we decided to head back to the Poly and relax and go swimming in the quiet pool. It was just too hot to stay around and fight for a spot for the afternoon parade. I know bad mommy but I worried about my little Cindy being over heated and she is so fair like her daddy. So we made a decision, which proved to be right for us and headed back to the Poly.

I'll continue in a separate reply because it is too long for one post.

Mom2princesses
09-07-2007, 10:54 PM
The quiet pool is really nice and is actually deeper than the Volcano pool. My older daughter is an excellent swimmer she is on a competitive swim team. So she really enjoyed herself. My little one is learning to swim so my dh and I took turns with her in the pool. We all had a blast and had a chance to relax. It was very refreshing and much better than trying to wait in lines in the extremely hot August heat during the hottest time of the day. I had done this is on past summer time trips and also had read about it on the boards here and believe me they are right. Go early, leave by 1:00 go swimming and for a nap until around 4 or 4:30 then head back to the parks. This worked out great.

After swimming we went back to freshen up and get dressed for the MK. We had dinner reservations at Tony’s for 5:30. So we headed back to the MK at 4:00. I stopped to pick up a first time button for my little Diva. Who of course refused to wear it then but she did eventually wear it later on in the trip. Then we headed off to the do the Jungle cruise (http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd23/Mom2princesses_2007/JungleCruise.jpg). The wait was not too bad about 20 mins. After that was done, we did the magic carpet ride. Now remember that heavy rain we had yesterday? Well the sky started to darken as we were waiting to get on the Magic Carpets. I was worried that it would start before we made the ride. Well it held off but the dark clouds got darker. I ran over to the Aladin Store and brought 4 adult ponchos (one for the stroller) and one child sized one for Cindy. Then the rain came! Pooring down. We had to run up Main Street to get to Tony’s. We finally made it and we still got soaked (http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd23/Mom2princesses_2007/Poncho.jpg) because the rain was so hard but we would have been worse without the ponchos (http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd23/Mom2princesses_2007/Singingintherain.jpg). These pics were taken after dinner when the rain slowed down and eventually stopped.

Now I have read some poor reviews on Tony’s but I have to admit that we were pleasantly surprised. It was actually one of our best dinners in WDW. The food was great. I got the eggplant rollatini, my dh and older daughter got the white pizza and my little one got mac and cheese. The salad was great and our waiter was awesome. He was definitely the best waiter we had the whole trip. The kids ate really well and then we ordered dessert. The two girls got ice cream and my dh and I split a desert platter that was very very good. Yum! Tony’s was great for us both service and food. We were seated quickly as well. So it was a very pleasant surprise. It was packed too.

Well it was still raining when we got out and we took our time eating. But at least the rain was not as hard. We walked across to get our armbands for the EMH and headed up Main Street again. We went straight to It’s a Small World and my little one just loved it. She was singing (well trying to sing!) the song and her eyes were wide open looking all around her. This was definitely one of her favorite rides. I love it because it is such a happy ride. It is WDW to me. One of the classics. My older daughter tolerated it!

We then made our one mistake. We looked at the wait time posted for Peter Pan and it said it was 20 mins. So we decided to do it before heading back to Main Street for Wishes. We had plenty of time it was only 8:05. Well the posted time was not even close. It ended up being more like 50 mins. Yeah do the math. I was getting really nervous and at one point we almost left the line. But we held on and finally got on the ride. I never could understand why the wait for this ride is so long and in my opinion it surely was not worth the 50 mins. The line just does not move for a long time. Then I realized that they would hold up the standby line for several minutes to let the fastpass people on and it was very frustrating.

We made a mad dash to try and make it to main street but as we were heading for the teacups to get through we stopped by a roped off area right by Dumbo. The CM there said that she loved the fireworks from here so we decided to just park the carriage and watch them from there. Wishes is just awesome. I loved it. The last time I was at WDW was 5 years ago and Wishes is so much better than the show they had back then all I can say is WOW! My little Diva is not so tough when it comes to fireworks. She is afraid of the noise and I had to take her out of her stroller and hold her through the fireworks. They are much louder back by Dumbo but she made it through them. Since we were back where we were Ariel wanted to go on the race cars so my dh took her there. I took my little Diva on Dumbo again since I didn’t get to go the first time with her. While we were waiting on line we saw Minnie and Mickey riding Dumbo! How fun is that? By the time we rode the ride and headed towards Cindy’s Carrousel, my dh and older daughter had returned and we all went on the carrousel together. We then headed off to see Mickey’s Philharmagic and it was fantastic. It is definitely the best 3-D or 4-D show we saw. We all loved it. My little one was reaching out trying to grab some of the characters. By the time we got out it was getting late and we had an early breakfast with Donald at 8:00 am at AK the next morning. So we decided to leave the park for the monorail at about 10:30. My little one was very tired and ready for bed and mommy’s feet were ready to relax as well. It was a very magical day and one I will never forget. We’ll be back here on Thursday. I was home at WDW and loving every minute!

We stopped at Captain Jacks at the Poly for some Mickey Ice Cream bars and went up to the room to unwind and get to bed.

Tomorrow we head off to Animal Kingdom!

Click here to see Day 3 part 1 - Animal Kingdom and breakfast with Donald (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=115293)

iheartmickey
09-07-2007, 10:57 PM
WOW! It sounds like a wonderful meeting with Cinderella. I love the picture of Cindy with Cindy! LOL! She looks like she could jump out of her skin she's so happy. So sweet!

I'm not sure how our 4 yo will like Snow White ... glad to hear she was scared but handled it well. DD cried on Pooh, of all things, last time! :secret:

I can't wait to read about the rest. Thank you for sharing! :thumbsup:

Mom2princesses
09-07-2007, 11:15 PM
WOW! It sounds like a wonderful meeting with Cinderella. I love the picture of Cindy with Cindy! LOL! She looks like she could jump out of her skin she's so happy. So sweet!

I'm not sure how our 4 yo will like Snow White ... glad to hear she was scared but handled it well. DD cried on Pooh, of all things, last time! :secret:

I can't wait to read about the rest. Thank you for sharing! :thumbsup:

LOL she was ready to jump out of her skin! Oh and if you do Snow White make sure you do it near the end of your trip. It is pretty scary for little ones and you don't want to make her too cautious about going into other rides. You never know what they are thinking when they are going through these rides everything is just so real to a 3 or 4 year old!

January-2007
09-08-2007, 07:01 PM
What a long, but amazing, day! I went to CRT with my dad a few years ago and it was a lot of fun. Can't wait to bring my future princesses! I didn't know they served pizza at Tony's- and thanks for sharing your review of the place. Everyone always has such negative things to say about it! We are all about the afternoon break, I'm sure it made a huge difference in your children's ability to enjoy the evening, for sure. And too easy to return to the resort, how fun, swimming at the Poly... :cloud9: I'm really enjoying your detailed trip reports, and the pictures are just adorable! Thanks for sharing your vacation with us! :mickey:

DizneyFreak2002
09-09-2007, 12:51 PM
Thanks for sharing your report.

Mom2princesses
09-09-2007, 03:42 PM
What a long, but amazing, day! I went to CRT with my dad a few years ago and it was a lot of fun. Can't wait to bring my future princesses! I didn't know they served pizza at Tony's- and thanks for sharing your review of the place. Everyone always has such negative things to say about it! We are all about the afternoon break, I'm sure it made a huge difference in your children's ability to enjoy the evening, for sure. And too easy to return to the resort, how fun, swimming at the Poly... :cloud9: I'm really enjoying your detailed trip reports, and the pictures are just adorable! Thanks for sharing your vacation with us! :mickey:

Yes I didn't know either. The menu was a little different then the one on here. It was a white pizza though I didn't see one with Tomato Sauce for dinner anyhow. But it wouldn't hurt to ask. How special to go to CRT with you Dad what great memories! Afternoon breaks are a must especially with little ones. Mom and Dad enjoyed them too!

Thanks for sharing your report.
Thanks! I hope that it gives some useful information and that everyone enjoys it. I love reading other trip reports.

Hopefully I'll have another installment up sometime today.

ChipnDaleGal
09-10-2007, 05:34 AM
Thanks for the really detailed report. Your pictures are great and you captured the excitement and happiness on both of your girls' faces just perfectly. A good day full of wonderful memories despite the rain. :mickey:

pdrlkr
09-10-2007, 10:01 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

faline
09-11-2007, 06:08 AM
What great pics of your beautiful little princesses with the Disney princesses!

It certainly was a fun day - even with the rain!

SBETigg
09-11-2007, 12:21 PM
Great pictures! The girls look so incredibly happy, and the little Diva is just beaming. Wonderful, and a great report.

dolphinmickey9170
09-11-2007, 02:47 PM
Wonderful pictures and a great detailed report. I felt as if I was right there with ya.

Bethis26fan
09-22-2007, 11:40 PM
Great pics thanks for sharing your trip.