09-07-2007, 09:48 PM
Cast of Characters:

Me: Julie
DH: Fred
DD: Morgan (6)
DD: Madison (5)

August 26-September 3
Resort: Port Orleans Riverside

We wake up, get ready and have a quick breakfast in the room (I packed cereal, plastic bowls, spoons and purchased milk in the gift shop:thumbsup:) we were waiting at the North Bus Stop at the resort. It was a sunny, HOT day already at it was only 9am. No problems getting over to Epcot, although I am overhearing a conversation of how a family didn't get back to the resort until after 1am from the Magic kingdom the evening before (park closed at 10m) and the woman spent most of her morning complaining to management. They promised to have more buses coming to the parks at closing, beings our resort is sold out. Fred and I thought it was way too chaotic at the bus depot the previous night, so hopefully this will improve as the week wears on.
Once inside Epcot we head over to The Land to grab our Fastpasses for Soarin'. We made our way over to Nemo, enjoyed this ride, and Turtle Talk with Crush. Just love this attraction as well. Spent some time in the Living Seas. Maddie is my creature lover. She enjoyed checking out all of the neat things inside this pavillion. I love Epcot! You can spend a good amount of your time in the beautiful air-conditioning!! We made our way over to Test Track which was posting a 30 minute wait. We waited and enjoyed this ride as always. A first for us on this trip was a trip to Space. We rode on the green team! I was not risking ruining my day. We all enjoyed this! No worse than a ride on our boat on a choppy day. Still not brave enough for the Orange team. It is now getting close to our Fast Pass time for Soarin', so back over to the land it is. We all love Soarin', and grab another fastpass. Had lunch at Seasons in The Land. This counter service in my opinion is the best in all of Disney. Just delicious and many choices. We went back here a few times during our week. Today, the girls had the sweet and sour chicken, Fred had a steak chinese dish of some sort and I had the grilled pork chop. All delicious. We got strawberry shortcake and chocolate brownie for dessert and all shared. Yummy!!! Did another flight on Soarin' and made our way out of The Land. Decided to check out the Character Connection. There was only a fifteen minute wait. It was worth it, Goofy, Pluto, Mickey, Minnie, were all in there.
Spent a few minutes in Club Cool. The girls went wild for this. Fred and I hung out at the tables, cooling off:D.
I wanted to do the new boat ride over in Mexico, which was cute and we also did the Malestrom in Norway. I enjoy this ride as well. On our way back to Future Land, Fred bought two :marg: for us to enjoy. They were soooo good. By the time we made our way out of Epcot to the monorail station, my feet were tingling!!
We took the monorail over to the Poly and enjoyed the most wonderful dinner at The Kona Cafe. Intercotees did not let me down here, because I took the recommendation of many here on the boards. This was one of our most favorite meals. I hadn't been over to the poly in years and it is such a nice resort. It reminded me our our honeymoon in Hawaii 11 years ago. :mickey: Fred had the pot-suckers for appetizer, I had the Kona chowder, Maddie had the chowder and Morgan had chicken noodle soup. Fred and I had the Filet Mignon for our meal and the girls had the grilled chicken. The dessert was sooo yummy. The Kona cone. A large waffle cone, drizzled in chocolate with vanilla ice-cream inside on a bed of cotton candy. What is better than that?
We really enjoyed our meal here. After "rolling" out of the Kona Kafe we explored the Boutiki and the resort, and tried to get reservations for the luau show for one of the nights we were here. It was all sold out and I was really disappointed.
We decide that it's EMH over at MGM, so we hop and bus and go. No wait on Tower of Terror, one round for me, two for Fred (good man), we get a fastpass for Rockin Rollercoaster and I wait with Morgan in line, and Fred will take her with the Fastpass. Maddie was not tall enough with her crocks on, she is literally 1/2 inch shy. Fred takes Maddie over to Voyage of the Little Mermaid and her favorite gift shop, after the ride. Morgan gets her two rides on Rockin' Rollercoaster and is happy and we finish our night at MGM with dance party under the hat. The girls really enjoyed this. Fred and I are exhausted. We had a wonderfully full day. No problems getting back to the resort tonight.
Until our adventure tomorrow.
Julie:mickey:

iheartmickey
09-07-2007, 11:04 PM
What a fun and packed day! You got so much stuff done and it sounds like you all had a lot of fun doing it!

Glad the bus situation was better than the first night!

Thank you for sharing your day with us! :thumbsup:

Dizneyfan
09-07-2007, 11:11 PM
Looks like you had a great time. We were at Epcot that day also. Who knows we may have passed each other.:mickey:

Beach Club Babe
09-08-2007, 09:41 AM
Great day, Julie! I'm so glad you enjoyed your dinner!

January-2007
09-08-2007, 06:39 PM
What an absolutely wonderful day! Thanks so much for sharing it with us! :mickey:

DizneyFreak2002
09-09-2007, 12:51 PM
Thanks for sharing your report.

faline
09-09-2007, 07:31 PM
Whew! I'm tired just reading about your day! Your girls must be real troupers!

pdrlkr
09-10-2007, 09:44 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

ChipnDaleGal
09-11-2007, 05:25 AM
What a great day. I am so glad that you enjoyed your meal at Kona. It is my favorite place for dinner. Thanks for reporting. :mickey: