PDA

View Full Version : CL_LittleDragonErin's The Seaside Luau

LittleDragonErin
09-07-2007, 09:16 PM
The party has begun...

FUN! GAMES! PRIZES!
AND A ROASTED PIG!
What more do you need for a kicking party?

Join CL_LittleDragonErin in celebrating her birthday all week long at The Seaside Luau!

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n94/DDRin/ldes_theseasideluau.jpg

Join CL_LittleDragonErin all week long as she counts down the days to her birthday (Saturday, Sept. 15th). There'll be games, door prizes and more! It all leads up to her ultimate quest on Thursday night...THE QUEST FOR FIRE! That's right, you asked for it and here it is...101 prizes, 1 of which being that coveted magic pin, Dancing Inferno Magic!

The fun begins Sunday night! Sunday night is the hangout day where we kick off the celebration with some door prizes, entertainment by Drags herself singing her beloved versions of classic Disney songs such as Part of Your World and A Whole New World as well as telling jokes. Plus we have Kalua Pig! Come for the pig, stay for the fun! ;) (8 p.m. to 10 p.m. PST)

Monday night brings out the first of two mini quests designed to help you get to know LDE better. And for those not in the questing spirit, or those who can't make the Sunday party, Drags will share her songs and laughs again. Possible door prizes as well. And don't forget we have some Kalua Pig served all night! (TENTATIVE: Either 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. or 9 p.m. - 10 p.m. PST)

Tuesday night is trivia night. How well do you know your Disney movies. LDE fires off some trivia, both easy and difficult, about Disney's library of animated movies. Of course there's some special gifts for those than can keep up. Kalua Pig served all night! ;) (8:30 p.m. - 10 p.m. PST)

Wednesday night, LDE releases her second mini quest. Learn a little about LDE's first couple years on VMK. With more singing and more joking. Did I mention we have Kalua Pig? (Will only be open for about an hour: 6 p.m. - 7 p.m. PST.)

Thursday night is the big night! 3 hours! 100 various prizes! 1 Dancing Inferno Magic Pin! Need I say more? And we'll be serving up some Kalua Pig! (Quest will begin around 7 p.m. PST and will run until closing. It is a lengthy quest of 40 questions and involves 2 mini games (see FAQ below for more details), so be sure to start with enough time to finish.) (7 p.m. to 10 p.m. PST)

Friday night is another night of trivia. This one's based on the Disney parks. Even if you have never visited, stop on by and learn some interesting, little known facts about the rides and lands of Disney. While you're there, stay for some Kalua Pig! (Tentative: 6 p.m. - 7 p.m. or 8:30 p.m. - 10 p.m. PST)

Saturday morning is the final celebration. We conclude with a relaxing time on the seaside. Don't worry we'll still have some Kalua Pig for you! ;) (8 a.m. - 10 a.m. PST)

Hope to see you there!
(Times may change.)

More details will be added each day...

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

F.A.Q.s

Q: Are you really giving out Inferno?
A: Yup..it will be a prize in the quest on Thursday night!

Q: What other prizes are you giving out?
A: All prizes will be a mix of retired and quest. Furniture, pins, costumes and posters. Everything will be handed out at random.

Q: Why a Luau?
A: Because Dragon's an island girl! I'm Filipina but born and raised in Hawaii. So big celebrations in my life are always done with a luau! ;)

Q: Can we come every day?
A: Yup, come as often as you want. Stay for a little or long as you like.

Q: Why are you giving away so much stuff? Aren't you supposed to receive stuff for your birthday? Not give away stuff?
A: Haha! It's been a long summer and I have not traded much. People give me stuff all the time. And I store a lot of stuff that I never end up trading or using. It's time to clean out my closets..er..guest rooms. Besides, I find it is always better to give than to receive.

Q: I don't believe you are giving out inferno. You are just saying that to get your room popular.
A: Believe what you want. Your loss, not mine. ;)

Q: Are you giving away Stitch and Sparrow too?
A: Stitch, no. Sparrow...maybe but probably not. And before you ask when, I don't know. I'm going to just go with the flow..if I do, I do. If I don't, I don't. Simple as that.

Q: Where did you get all your infernos?
A: Inferno Fairy.

Q: Can you be friend?
A: Sure, but off the list, mine's full.

Q: Trade me.
A: As I am giving away all this stuff, I have nothing for trade. And before you ask for me to give you free, I suggest you look at the line behind you before continuing that thought.

Q: I can't make it on Thursday...
A: As much as I wish I could do the inferno quest more than once, I can't. I actually was going to do it on Saturday, my actual birthday day, but I won't be home most of the day. I want to give everybody enough time to do the quest, meaning I want to be available to keep the room open. So Thursday night is the best I can do. Sorry, but them's the breaks.

Q: Is the quest hard?
A: For many it could be. But it really isn't. There's some work involved and it's pretty long. There is a Fireworks (1000 points) and Jungle Cruise (20,000 points) requirement. The rest is just figuring out which room to go to and finding jewels, skulls and atoms.

chrisb26
09-07-2007, 09:40 PM
Wow Little I cant wait! That is awesome to have inferno as a quest prize :)

Happy Birthday!

LittleDragonErin
09-08-2007, 09:32 AM
Quest for Fire has changed to Thursday night instead of Friday night.

RenDuran
09-08-2007, 09:46 AM
Maybe I could win that Inferno if it was prize for last place!

What a week you have planned!:)

cEveArdenfan
09-08-2007, 10:56 AM
Wow, Dragon! That looks like some birthday party! :woohoo:Unfortunately, it has to fall on the same week as we start having an audience for The Fantasticks. I'll try to make it for Sunday though.

LittleDragonErin
09-08-2007, 11:14 AM
Maybe I could win that Inferno if it was prize for last place!

What a week you have planned!:)

Um...actually it is in the last slot. Lol!

chrisb26
09-08-2007, 11:23 AM
wow sounds awesome! I can't wait. I do think its funny how you are giving all that stuff when its your birthday :D

Oh and thank you for saying which mini games I wil need to play this helps me in knowing I shouldn't do the quest on my Laptop.

Thanks again and cant wait!

WDWfanatic742
09-08-2007, 12:40 PM
7 PM PST eh? We got school off on Thursday but for some reason have school on Friday. If I am going to school that day, 10 PM is too late for me. If I don't go on Friday, I should be able to go the quest...

Do you have times set up for the rest of the days, or just playing it by when you are available?

OhGee
09-08-2007, 03:03 PM
First, let me say
Happy Birthday Dragon!
:birthday:
:trio:
Wow, you have a great week planned. Can't wait to visit!

mickeytinkerbellprincess
09-08-2007, 09:00 PM
AND A ROASTED PIG!

Oh yeah! Can I cook the pig please? ^_~

Q: Where did you get all your infernos?
A: Inferno Fairy.

:rotfl: :haha: :funny: :silly:

GREAT idea Dragon! Happy birthday, can't wait until I get an inferno! Hehe! :birthday: :cake: :party:

wizardmickey
09-08-2007, 10:10 PM
Well in case I either don't have time to swing by your room during the alloted party times, or just can't (I'm sure there will be lines) then I wanna say;
:party::beer::party::beer::party:

PinkJJ
09-10-2007, 01:25 AM
Happy Birthday Little!

Sound like my plans for Thursday night have just changed. :thumbsup: Just hope I will be able to get into the room. LOL.

LittleDragonErin
09-10-2007, 01:26 AM
Most of the times I'll have the room open are posted. Also updated details on the quest as well as a couple other faqs.

Tonight was awesome! Thanks to everybody who stopped by...hope you all had a good time! I had fun with the trivia, both questions for prizes and just sharing information about Hawaii, hulas and luaus. Hope you all learned some new things. ;)

Hope to see you throughout the week! Mahalo!

chrisb26
09-10-2007, 01:30 AM
I had fun tonight in your room! I liked hearing about the Hula story it was intresting I didn't know that. I also liked the trivia! Thanks again for that gold magic I needed that to get my 5*!

Chescat
09-10-2007, 01:58 AM
Aww, I can't believe Cat couldn't come up with Green! And we couldn't spell Terk! I think I was spelling it Turk!

Congrats Terri.M on the Terk answer. :thumbsup:

terri.m
09-10-2007, 10:04 AM
Mahalo nui loa hoaloha. Pomaika`i Elina, hahai moe'uhane.
Akahele lolo malihini at Lu`au!!
I aloha the ahi, hala kahiki, ho`okipa, inu, lama pa'pa'i, niu, pa'i palaoa and pupu!!
Mai poina the humuahumunukunukuapau'a!!

Tea (who brought more back from Hawaii then a tan and a scar on me leg!)

jjramsey
09-10-2007, 12:31 PM
Wow! This I believe, is a party worth staying up late to attend :party:

I will try to attend on Thursday night. My guess is my wife and kids will want to be there that evening (most of us and some friends have Electro in the title, except for Lpiglet - my wife). See you then!

mickeytinkerbellprincess
09-11-2007, 12:52 AM
Aww, sorry I couldn't stay over last night everyone. I'll try to make some nights but on school nights it'll be hard. Rats, last night I missed too of the trivia! :D

chrisb26
09-11-2007, 01:08 AM
I missed your quest tonight :( I'll try to be there next time!

TinkRocks
09-11-2007, 01:42 AM
Happy Birthday, Dragon!

So happy to call you 'friend!'

Looking forward to celebrating your birthday with you this week...

LittleDragonErin
09-12-2007, 01:21 AM
Wow! Exciting fun tonight! I popped in early before dinner just to do some more room decorating and my room suddenly got full. So I held some impromptu trivia. After dinner, we were treated by a special visit from Lily. She was done with her Dreams give aways but stayed to hang out for some Pineapple Smooties and even helped with some trivia! (Thanks Lily!) Mahalo to all who came tonight! It was a load of fun! ;)

Don't forget tomorrow night is a short party as I only am available for an hour. I will be running my miniquest during that time and hopefully will toss in some entertainment for those who aren't in the questing mood.

Thursday night is the big night. The quest is about 40 questions long. It has a Fireworks game (1000 points) and Jungle Cruise game (20,000 points). No magic is required. It will run for three hours. It starts from about 7 p.m. (PST) and runs until closing. There are 101 prizes and inferno is the 101st slot.

I'm still not sure what time Friday night's party will be at but I'll post as soon as I figure that out.

Mahalo again! See you at the luau!!!

mickeytinkerbellprincess
09-12-2007, 11:10 PM
Woot! Last night was pretty fun, I was able to stay until closing, which is a pretty big acheivement in itself for me. I will try for Thursday, but only if the homework load isn't so large, and if I get home after dance lessons. :D

chrisb26
09-12-2007, 11:27 PM
I had fun in your room tonight Little and I got a Ace of Spades Rug in your Quest! Hopefully tomorrow I can get that inferno :D I can't wait!

mickeytinkerbellprincess
09-13-2007, 01:05 AM
Tonight's party didn't last until closing right? Because I didn't see your room on my list. :mickey:

chrisb26
09-13-2007, 01:10 AM
Tonight's party didn't last until closing right? Because I didn't see your room on my list. :mickey:

No her party ended early tonight because she said she had to go do something so it was very short only about an hour :)

Krystal_Rose
09-13-2007, 10:31 AM
Happy Birthday Dragon!!
I'll be in tonight to say hello, and maybe try my luck at the quest. Have a great day!

Chescat
09-13-2007, 12:19 PM
Good luck and have fun everybody. Erin, I'm not great with timed quests so you won't be seeing me tonight. Still after that dream team tonite for some of the people. ;)

mickeytinkerbellprincess
09-13-2007, 07:20 PM
Will try to get in there Dragon (Wow, imagine the line tonight..), but I doubt I'll get anything from the quest, much less the inferno! Hehe :D Happy birthday!

LittleDragonErin
09-13-2007, 10:07 PM
Sigh...go figure I'd have to test the quest not once, not twice, not even three times, but 7 times before it worked correctly (I'm honestly sick of my own quest now lol)...and now VMK is closed. Sigh.

If VMK opens again before 7:30 p.m. (PST), the quest will still run tonight. If not, I will reschedule it for another night and will announce when that will be.

Sorry about this,
-LDE

chrisb26
09-13-2007, 10:11 PM
Well it's not your fault...

Or is it? Maybe VMK decided since you where going to have your quest and embarass them again by having lines longer then they have had in months they didn't want that so just decided vmk would close insted. Little do they know you wont give up on your quest! At least I hope you wont. :D

WDWfanatic742
09-13-2007, 10:59 PM
That was a nice quest Erin. I got stuck big time on that painting question near the end. :mad:

chrisb26
09-13-2007, 11:19 PM
That was a nice quest Erin. I got stuck big time on that painting question near the end. :mad:

lol I got stuck on the exact same part I think I went to every room before found the correct one lol.

Great Quest!

BronxTigger
09-13-2007, 11:27 PM
I wish I could get past fireworks!

I crashed 3x in the music mix.

I've crashed 3x in fireworks (I've gotten over 500 three times now...but it won't award me the points because it crashes).

Now I can't get back in because the server is too busy!

I just want to finish the quest...even though I'm sure I'll come in far beyond 101st with all my technical difficulties. :(

varcity
09-14-2007, 12:07 AM
Wow, Nice quest Erin. Honestly, of all the quests I've done, yours was the most challenging, informative, and fun at the same time.

Challenging: dumb find the jewel behind 1 of 1000 trees... lol

Informative: Balcony glitch

Fun: whole thing

Thanks little!

BronxTigger
09-14-2007, 12:23 AM
Your quest was great! One of the best I've seen!

Too bad everything worked against me! The lag was awful when I was in VMK, but half the time I wasn't even IN VMK...I was trying to get back in after being d/c! Oh well.

Thanks for making it!

LittleDragonErin
09-14-2007, 01:05 AM
Thanks everybody for the compliments! Always great to hear when people enjoy my quests. Makes all the time and effort spent on it worthwhile! ;)

Wow! Tonight was GREAT! I've held so many other quests before and I always have people who are always asking for the answers, never trying it on their own, or people who bring in the mules to get the best prizes...but NOT TONIGHT. Tonight everybody who came in was very nice and nobody "cheated". Good luck to all of you who did the quest! I had a lot of fun tonight and even though I crashed before it was over, it's definitely a memorable night for me! Two more days left in this luau celebration! Hope to see you there if I haven't already!

Mahalo!
-LDE

mickeytinkerbellprincess
09-14-2007, 01:07 AM
Aww, I wanted to go on back tonight but my dance took up the whole night :( I was glad to get in for once though! Gl to everyone who quested and great party Dragon! (I got to cook the pig just once tonight! Hehe!) :D

OhGee
09-14-2007, 01:14 AM
Great quest Dragon! I really enjoyed it. That was the first time I did one of yours. Wow, so much work! It was well worth it. Ditto on what Varcity said - Very informative and challenging. There were also a few times I said Duh! to myself when I realized the correct answer/place.
Thanks for all your hard work and Happy Birthday!

Jeremy
09-14-2007, 01:25 AM
:party:Happy Birthday Dragon!!:party:

that was a grate quest!
thanks for the hard work you put into it.:thumbsup:

cheshirecollector
09-14-2007, 10:45 AM
I just want to finish the quest...even though I'm sure I'll come in far beyond 101st with all my technical difficulties.

Well, there's hope for everyone who got delayed during the game. I did most of the tasks quickly, but I thought I took too long on fireworks (had to wait through Stage 4 because I scored too high). I still finished 23rd. So 101st place must have taken a while to finish.

Happy birthday, Dragon!

chrisb26
09-14-2007, 11:06 AM
Well, there's hope for everyone who got delayed during the game. I did most of the tasks quickly, but I thought I took too long on fireworks (had to wait through Stage 4 because I scored too high). I still finished 23rd. So 101st place must have taken a while to finish.

Happy birthday, Dragon!

I kind of did the same thing. I played the entire fireworks game because there where only 6 people in the game when I was. I guess I should have played cruise all the way through lol I got 40 min on the quest and 45th place so there is hope for those who took a long time on the quest :)

BronxTigger
09-14-2007, 11:42 AM
It took me 1:32 to finish.

I came in at number 105. :mad:

I thought I'd be much further beyond that....but oh I was soooooooooo close!!

varcity
09-14-2007, 12:02 PM
30 something minutes and 24th place! :) Heart chair for me!! (And I thought I had a terrible time and would be number 1000 at best) :thumbsup:

LittleDragonErin
09-14-2007, 01:10 PM
ROTFL! I've now heard of 103rd, 94th and 105th places. Lol!

Most though are in the 40s-60s range that I'm hearing though. It surprised me how quickly people did the quest. It took me 40 minutes to test it (of course I had to do a full game of fireworks because it was always less than 10 every time I played). But still, I knew exactly where the jewel was and the painting and how to get on the balcony which usually are the ones that slow people down.

WDWfanatic742
09-14-2007, 05:27 PM
I went to the fourth round with 502 points in fireworks and seven people playing. Not very fun. I got around 40 minutes so I should be around where everyone else was at.

Edit: 48th and Red Heart Chair

cEveArdenfan
09-14-2007, 06:21 PM
I think my number was forty-something. I can't remember exactly. I got an ice cube, something of which I already have plenty. Oh well.:mike:

Krystal_Rose
09-15-2007, 01:13 AM
The quest took me fifty some minutes to complete and that was after playing an entire fireworks game because there weren't many ppl playing with me either so I figured I might as well get some points too. I got 67th place and a magenta heart chair. The quest was great though, I didn't know about the balcony in VMK central either. Thanks for taking the time to make such a fun quest Dragon. :thumbsup:

LittleDragonErin
09-15-2007, 01:16 AM
Well, it's almost time to wrap up this party. I'll try to be open for as much as possible tomorrow, but I have real life parties to head off too as well. Heh! Thanks for those who visited tonight and closed with me. Sorry I wasn't open as long as I posted I would be, but a surprise dinner kept me away. Lol!

I'm very glad so many people enjoyed my Quest for Fire last night. Many of you have sent me compliments and shared with me where you placed. The burning question (pun intended) of course though is who won the inferno? Well, that lucky person has not come forward yet, so I don't know. For those that don't own quest kiosks, sadly they only give you the top five placers, so I cannot see who won what. I do know that it was won by somebody as it is no longer in the kiosk and I know who placed 103rd and 105th. The next question people have asked is if I will do this again. Haha! I have lots of infernos and as much as I love giving them away and want to give them away, I also still have need for them. That green girls midriff shirt still eludes me and I'm holding out hope I may still be able to trade for it one day. So perhaps the quest will be run again for fun. But it will be some time before I put inferno in as a prize. (A stitch hat might be possible...hmmm...)

Well one more day to go...hopefully I'll see you there tomorrow!

Mahalo!
-LDE

P.S. Originally I had intended for all 100 prizes to be ice cubes and the last to be Inferno as sort of a play on it. But then I needed to build another room so half my ice went there. Lucky for everybody I guess lol!

chrisb26
09-15-2007, 01:21 AM
P.S. Originally I had intended for all 100 prizes to be ice cubes and the last to be Inferno as sort of a play on it. But then I needed to build another room so half my ice went there. Lucky for everybody I guess lol!

haha that would have actually been pretty funny. You either got really hot! or ice cold :D

LittleDragonErin
09-15-2007, 01:12 PM
Well, the Luau has officially come to a close. As of this moment, the room is still open but I must head off for some real life celebrations. A great big mahalo to everybody who has made this week such a fantastic experience for me!

All summer it's been slow and I hadn't been on VMK much. This is the first time I've spent a few hours each day again in the game and it's been all worth it. Everybody has been great! I've had so much fun and I have found that excitement of when I first started!

Again, a big thanks to all! You're my VMK ohana! ;) Hope you all had fun!

I will open the room up again on occassion, as I have grown quite fond of it. So if you didn't get a chance to stop by this week, keep your eye out, as it may be open every now and then just to hang out and have some kalua pig and pineapple smoothies. Heh!

Mahalo,
-LDE

mickeytinkerbellprincess
09-15-2007, 03:52 PM
Great luau Dragon, and a very happy birthday to you! :birthday: :cake: :party:

Can't wait to cook the pig next time! :D