PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga Springs advice please

tkerbow
09-07-2007, 06:03 PM
We are staying at SSR soon for the first time and would like some advice please. :mickey:

mousaholic
09-07-2007, 06:21 PM
We have stayed there twice. It is very nice. The first time we stayed in the Paddock in a studio. It was great. Not too far from the Main Building. It was very close to the quiet pool. We just got back from a stay in a 1BR in the Springs and it was wonderful! We had a great view, lots of space, and we were so very close to the Artists Pallette and the High Rock Springs Pool. The bus transportation was okay, there are a lot of stops within the resort so take that into consideration. We had a great time ! Both times we were there we noticed that the only time we ran into a lot of people was at the main pool and at the Artist's Pallette. We also have eaten at the Turf Club twice (last week) and it was fabulous! NIce and quiet and excellent food! Have a great trip!

princessM0m
09-07-2007, 09:54 PM
The resort is very big so I would suggest looking at a resort map and having an idea of where your location preference is.

ibrowse17
09-08-2007, 01:01 AM
Have never stayed there, but did want to welcome you to Intercot:thumbsup:

Maleficent's Dad
09-08-2007, 07:15 AM
:welcome: To Intercot!

SSR has some large, and very new, accomodations. The resort is larger and spread out, but the rooms are not nearly as remote as OKW can be.

Take a look here (http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/maps/images/ssrs07.JPG)to get an idea of where you might want to stay. Many people like the Congress Park Area (Labled "F" on the map).

You're very close to DTD, so if you choose to dine at another resort, your transportation options are very good from there. You also have DTD as a dining option in addition to the shopping and nightlife within an easy walk.

If you're a golfer, LBV Golf Course is actually right on SSR's property - a huge convenience.

There are tennis courts & a basketball court available. Rooms have DVD players attached to the TV's. If you're a DVC member, rental of most equipment and all DVD's is free! :thumbsup:

There are several quiet pools, and the main pool has some great features - such as a zero entry. The CM's at the main pool do a good job of entertaining crowds with games and the such. There's also a community hall where you'll find video games, board games, and lots of activities for families - many free, some a nominal charge.

You can rent surrey bikes and tour the resort that way. If you're not a DVC member, you can stop in their main sale's office; if you are a member, you can stop in and meet your sale's rep.

Good luck and have a great time! :mickey:

#1donaldfan
09-08-2007, 08:50 AM
We personally have never stayed there, but your right beside DTD, and just up the river from POR....we had friends that have stayed there and they return year after year, so there must be something good about it for them to keep returning to SSR.....same for us returning to POR......have a good trip and welcome to intercot...:mickey:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
09-08-2007, 04:53 PM
:wave: Welcome to Intercot!!

We arrive at SSR for 10 days on Thursday (13th). We have heard great things about it and can't wait to get there. I can give you some more info when I get back. We did request the Grandstand section since we were told that it is the first bus stop. I hope we can get it. I am having my third knee surgery next month and have been on crutches the past two weeks. I wanted to try and make sure I have a seat on the bus. If not, I might be sitting on DH's lap..lol.;)

TheRustyScupper
09-09-2007, 12:31 PM
1) SSR is new and large.
2) The rooms are bright and well appointed.
3) You will enjoy the stay.

4) There are only two downsides
. . . the resort is too large
. . . the choice of eateries is skimpy

NOTE: I think for a resort that large, there should be more choices for eats, and the the buses scheduled better. Now, many are satisfied with the food and buses, so please do not take this as a universal opinion.

tkerbow
09-09-2007, 09:14 PM
Thanks all so much for the welcome and the advice. I feel special! We are leaving Friday so I'll see y'all there! :cloud9: