PDA

View Full Version : Best Treat at Main Street Bakery

julyjewel
09-07-2007, 02:34 PM
Hi all,

I went to WDW for the first time about a month ago. I never made it into the Main Street Bakery for some reason. Tell what is your favorite, so I know what to get next time I go back. Do they have the Mickey head brownie? I've heard they are good!:cloud9:

watch4pixiedust
09-07-2007, 02:43 PM
Everything at Main St Bakery looks good! ;) But I confess, I've only had one thing there - the cinnamon buns! They are so good, and so big, they're great to share. I like them so much, I just haven't wanted to try something different :blush:

However, in fairness to the other baked goodies they have, I don't think you can make a bad choice!

cal5755
09-07-2007, 02:48 PM
Can you believe I have not been in there since I was a teen???:blush: I will have to take DH and kids in there this visit and then come back and post our faves!

Mickey'sGirl
09-07-2007, 02:51 PM
For me its the crumb cake :cloud9: ... and I'm pretty sure it is all calorie free! :D

Aggie97
09-07-2007, 03:29 PM
I'm a big fan of the Nestle Tollhouse chocolate chip cookies.... :)

T-Belle
09-07-2007, 03:47 PM
:tasty:The Mickey head shaped rice krispie treat with the ears dipped in chocolate!!:tasty:

DisneyCouture
09-07-2007, 03:50 PM
I love the frosted sugar cookies in the shape of Mickey ears.

Ariel_Fan
09-07-2007, 04:07 PM
CINNAMON ROLLS...they are just yummy. I have one every trip.

cal5755
09-07-2007, 04:08 PM
For me its the crumb cake :cloud9: ... and I'm pretty sure it is all calorie free! :D

AHHH I like your thinking... calories just dont exist on vacation!!

sashiroo
09-07-2007, 04:36 PM
The Giant Rice Krispi treats-YUM!! My DH loves the dipped apples, they are about the size of a toddlers head!!

ChipnDaleGal
09-07-2007, 04:42 PM
My personal favorite is the chocolate chip cookies. I am not sure why something so simple and universal is so much better at WDW, but I am an addict!! :tasty:

You might get even more responses to this if it is in the Dining Forum, so I am going to move it over there for you!

Christine
09-07-2007, 04:59 PM
Three words: Cream Cheese Danish! :cloud9:

ElenitaB
09-07-2007, 05:01 PM
I love the Apple Charlotte! If they happen not to have it, I'll "settle" for the chocolate Mickey bundt cake! :tasty:

AliceinDisney
09-07-2007, 05:12 PM
I have heard the cinnamon muffins are amazing too. But I have never gotten any treats from the MSB. I have to try them when I'm there! It's on my to do list :)

MMouse6937
09-07-2007, 05:29 PM
Yikes, after all of this talk, I might have to camp out there!! I want one of everything you all picked! I love the carmel apples period in WDW, they are so good. I don't really like them anywhere else but I will get one, sit down in the hotel room and dig in. I'm all up in carmel, all over my hands, face, that's GOOD! :tasty:

jclightchasr
09-07-2007, 05:54 PM
Hands down therr coffee smoothie is the best one I have ever had in my life!! By Far!!!

AliceinDisney
09-07-2007, 06:14 PM
Nothing beats a chocolate brownie with nuts though, or a vanilla cupcake!

Maleficent's Dad
09-08-2007, 07:01 AM
They'll make you a handmade tollhouse ice cream sandwich. It's awesome - if you don't mind the calories & fat content! ;)

They take two fresh tollhouse cookies - or any other cookie of your desire - and scoop vanilla ice cream into them.

They were $3.50 last week - a mere $0.50 more than the frozen ones in the carts - well worth the investment!

Great to watch the kids bite into them as the ice cream seeps out the sides...

DisneyorBust
09-08-2007, 10:20 AM
The cherry turnovers are very good!

scootch713
09-08-2007, 10:21 AM
Three words: Cream Cheese Danish! :cloud9:

mmm... that is my favorite... going to add this to my list of to-do's!

Cozfamilyof6
09-08-2007, 10:49 AM
Is any of this part of the snack credit on the DDP?

MinnieMommie
09-08-2007, 02:52 PM
Oh do I love my baked goods at Main Street Bakery! Hard to pick a favorite but I am still craving the gigantic chocolate muffin I had when we visited in June(hardly a muffin texture but more like a double chocolate cake...very moist and tender with a rich chocolate flavor). On our next trip to the MK that will be the first stop I make. :thumbsup:

illini
09-08-2007, 03:48 PM
Is any of this part of the snack credit on the DDP?

Yep. Most of the baked goodies count as a snack. We did several breakfasts here on snack credits. We'd use 3 credits and there was more than enough to share between the 5 of us (but we're not big breakfast eaters).

As for my fave, I couldn't possibly pick. I wouldn't want any of the other goodies to get jealous. Blueberry muffins, the chocolate ones mentioned before (TDF!), danishes, cookies. Never had anything bad, or even just ordinary. It's all been divine!

Stan
09-08-2007, 04:27 PM
I'm partial to the strawberry shortcake. :tasty:

Years ago when my 1-2 hr evening WDW visits were much more frequent (:cry: I need to get back onto that kind of schedule :() I used to bring home 1 or 2 caramel apples just about every time.

In the MGM candy store, are the candy apples (red coating not caramel) still marked "not poison"? :jaw: :rotfl: ...or did that sign become a casualty of political correctness and psychological sensitivity? :mad:

septembergirl
09-08-2007, 06:11 PM
They'll make you a handmade tollhouse ice cream sandwich. It's awesome - if you don't mind the calories & fat content! ;)

On my list of Must Try for our upcoming trip!

SgtTigger
09-08-2007, 07:09 PM
Man do they still have the banana nut bread?????

we had some a while back and I had forgot about this till now...........

:cop: :tigger:

sillyolbear
09-08-2007, 07:25 PM
The French Toast Loaf is pretty darn good, too.

ledudes
09-08-2007, 08:25 PM
French toast loafy thing, coffee cake with the thick crumb topping and the :mickey: bundt cakes!:eat:

minnie1956
09-08-2007, 11:31 PM
Hands down, the Ice cream sandwich. Warm chocolate chip cookies, delicious vanilla ice cream. Oh my. Worth the year long wait for it.
Last time I had to eat one at 9:00 a.m. just to make sure my family didn't make me leave for the day without having one. I had to you understand........ :D

Jared
09-09-2007, 08:56 AM

They take two fresh tollhouse cookies - or any other cookie of your desire - and scoop vanilla ice cream into them.

They were $3.50 last week - a mere $0.50 more than the frozen ones in the carts - well worth the investment!

Great to watch the kids bite into them as the ice cream seeps out the sides...
These sandwiches are my favorite treat in Walt Disney World. They are absolutely huge but so delicious. It's unfair to compare the handmade version to the frozen brick from the traditional ice cream cart.

Buy one sandwich and share it with a bunch. One person can't eat this hulking dessert alone.

Bringonthemouse!
09-09-2007, 09:32 AM
CINNAMON ROLLS...they are just yummy. I have one every trip.

:ditto:
I'm getting a rumbly-in-my-tumbly just thinking about them!

BelleLovesTheBeast
09-09-2007, 11:25 PM
The fudge. Ever since our honeymoon it is a tradition to stop in and buy a box of the fudge. Last year the had some delicious seasonal ones.

like2workout
09-10-2007, 12:22 PM
well somehow, I've never stopped in there to get a snack, but after reading all of the posts, i'll definitely be there in october to try out some of the recommendations!!!

mjaclyn
09-10-2007, 02:03 PM
The Sugar Cookies are the best! I had to skip it the last few times though because the line is RIDICULOUS!!! There's no way to even get into the bakery without waiting in the line. IMHO it's the worst line on WDW property.