PDA

View Full Version : ADR's Finalized - What do you think?

disneyfan328
09-07-2007, 02:19 PM
Dining Cast – Keep in mind that we have only been to Disney once and it was about 11 years ago. This is our family dream vacation!!

:minnie:Me – Loves Steak, salads, & Mexican food. hates seafood except. Crablegs. Somewhat willing to try new things.

:donald:Dh - Loves Steak and some Fish, Loves all barbeque. Loves good home cooked comfort foods (potroast, potpies, chicken ect.)

:grad:DD – 18 – Loves Steak, eats like a bird, hates veggies – Loves salads & comfort foods. Finally willing to try some new things.

:princess:DD 7 – Loves veggies (?) steak, salads, willing to try new things, loves to eat and eats almost anything. Fav foods are steak and broccoli!

:soccer:DS 5- Pickiest eater ever. Eats hot dogs, chicken nuggests, pbj & mac & cheese. Finally eating a few other meats, steak, roast. Likes tacos and fajitas

Our ADRs are for the following. We will be there for 8 nights, 9 days and have more adr’s than the DDP allows so we will be paying for Chef Mickey’s & Crystal Palace OOP.

Arrival Day – Dinner Coral Reef
Day 2 MGM – Lunch at Hollywood & Vine
Day 3 MK – Breakfast Crystal Palace
Day 4 AK – DTD Dinner Planet Hollywood
Day 5 MK – late Bkfst Cinderella’s Royal Table
Dinner – Liberty Tree Tavern
Day 6 EP – Dinner Le Cellier
Day 7 MGM – Dinner Sci Fi Drive In
Day 8 Breakfast Chef Mickeys
Day 9 Departure evening – no ADR’s

We plan on eating at the following Counter Service locations:

Cosmic Rays – MK
Pizza Planet – MGM
POR food court

We are open to any advice, picks at the above places, or suggestions for counter service places for our other meals.

15 days!! Sweet!! I am so excited!! I can’t sleep now.:cloud9:

snifflesmcg
09-07-2007, 02:49 PM
I think your ADR's look good. Your 5 yr old will be thrilled since most of the kids menus are Mac n cheese and such, lol.

Tygger7
09-07-2007, 03:09 PM
All your ADR's look great! Only suggestion I would make would be to swap out Planet Hollywood and go to Whispering Canyon (in the Wilderness Lodge) instead. I've never had a good meal at Planet Hollywood, and your whole family would have a BLAST at Whispering Canyon. Great BBQ, good kids menu, and the atmosphere is AWESOME! :cloud9:

disneydrmr
09-07-2007, 03:22 PM
All your ADR's look great! Only suggestion I would make would be to swap out Planet Hollywood and go to Whispering Canyon (in the Wilderness Lodge) instead. I've never had a good meal at Planet Hollywood, and your whole family would have a BLAST at Whispering Canyon. Great BBQ, good kids menu, and the atmosphere is AWESOME! :cloud9:

I agree - if your Dh loves bbq then you can NOT miss out on Whispering Canyon! The all you can eat BBQ skillet is to die for!!!

disneyfan328
09-07-2007, 03:30 PM
Ok, now you have me curious about WCC - We are not renting a car, so what's the easiest way to get there?

Not sure how DD - 18 would feel about switching that out since PH was her pick for the week. Any others that maybe I should skip in place of? Maybe take out Sci Fi and go to WCC? Wonder what the chances are of getting an ADR there at this point in the game?

What all is in the BBQ skillet???

Samtastic
09-07-2007, 04:23 PM
I'd give up Planet Hollywood, definately. Generic "Applebees" food, not close to the ambience of disney:ack:. Definately take advantage of the great food and Disney charm in WDW!

For CS, I'd recommend trying some place around the World in Epcot, that way you could be adventurous without the $$.

At MGM I'd recommend the Backlot Express (it's yummy). At AK- Flame tree BBQ - if you like BBQ!

princessjojo
09-07-2007, 05:41 PM
Only suggestion I would make would be to swap out Planet Hollywood and go to Whispering Canyon (in the Wilderness Lodge) instead. :cloud9:
I am so with you on this one. Though Planet Hollywood is in line with the teen-age mind of cool places, it may just be because it's familiar. You can find them anywhere almost. Whispering Canyon on the other hand is right in line with the others you've chosen. By that, I mean that they're somewhat Disney Exclusive and you get to stay in that atmosphere when you eat there.

Overall though, you have great choices there. You shouldn't have any problems when it comes to finding something for everyone to eat at each of them.

Have a great time!!

disneyfan328
09-07-2007, 09:23 PM
I hear what all of you are saying, but again, since we aren't renting a car, and this is only our 2nd time ever in the world, we don't want to waste to much time in transit trying to get to places. I am going to see if WCC has anything open that week before I worry too much about it, but non of us have been to Planet Hollywood before as there aren't any around here, and this trip is her graduation present. Though the food may be similar to Applebees, that is somewhere that we only get to eat about once a year. It's usually Wendy's or Eat N Park for us. I have heard that snagging that Le Cellier ressie was a good one so I am glad about that. We'll see. My hopes are that we will get back to Disney again and since everything won't be a first time especially for the kids, that we can take the time to hit the resorts to eat.

as for flame tree bbq. Is that one of the places that is only open seasonally? WE are going last week of September. I definetly wanted DH to get to try it but I wasn't sure it would be open.

Thanks to you all for your tips and advice.

GrmGrninGost
09-07-2007, 10:39 PM
Sounds great! Some of my favorites also include 50's Prime Time Cafe and California Grill. I hope you have a wonderful time! Enjoy! :mickey:

jpH/keD
09-08-2007, 07:06 PM
Skip the Sci-Fi altogether! It is so NOT ALL THAT! Use your Ts credits for something else! We are trying WCC and have heard fun things too! We have picky dd6 and ds4 and they were so bored w/ sci-fi DH and I couldnt finish the food since kids were running the place!! Have a great trip! Your plans sounds yummy otherwise! :thumbsup:

Bethanymouse
09-09-2007, 12:21 AM
It looks like you have a good plan there! We love Le Cellier, it is one of our favorites! Anthony's favorite counter service was Cosmic Rays! Enjoy!:D

MsMin
09-09-2007, 08:49 AM
I think you have a nice assortment. I would stick with PH if that's what DD wants. I give my kids one pick each and it makes it more fun that way. We ate there in Dec. 04 and we had a nice meal- I'd eat their food before many food court items.
It's what the excitement of the trip is about - everyone exploring and fulfilling their trip dreams. Go and enjoy and congrats to the graduate :grad: !
The last I checked Flame Tree was open seasonally but it could be open especially with Tuskers remodeling.
Have a wonderful trip and enjoy your dining!

Jared
09-09-2007, 08:53 AM
Your restaurant choices seem to fit your family perfectly. You have a nice balance.

Planet Hollywood is loud, obnoxious and mediocre, but perhaps your daughter will enjoy the experience. Hopefully, your oldest child doesn't tire of character meals.

:tasty:

mikelynn91
09-09-2007, 10:39 AM
My replies to retaurant choices are embedded in your message.

Dining Cast – Keep in mind that we have only been to Disney once and it was about 11 years ago. This is our family dream vacation!!

:minnie:Me – Loves Steak, salads, & Mexican food. hates seafood except. Crablegs. Somewhat willing to try new things.

:donald:Dh - Loves Steak and some Fish, Loves all barbeque. Loves good home cooked comfort foods (potroast, potpies, chicken ect.)

:grad:DD – 18 – Loves Steak, eats like a bird, hates veggies – Loves salads & comfort foods. Finally willing to try some new things.

:princess:DD 7 – Loves veggies (?) steak, salads, willing to try new things, loves to eat and eats almost anything. Fav foods are steak and broccoli!

:soccer:DS 5- Pickiest eater ever. Eats hot dogs, chicken nuggests, pbj & mac & cheese. Finally eating a few other meats, steak, roast. Likes tacos and fajitas

Our ADRs are for the following. We will be there for 8 nights, 9 days and have more adr’s than the DDP allows so we will be paying for Chef Mickey’s & Crystal Palace OOP.

Arrival Day – Dinner Coral ReefWe LOVE Coral reef! Beautiful restaurant and the tanks are just beautiful!
Day 2 MGM – Lunch at Hollywood & VineWe're trying this next week!
Day 3 MK – Breakfast Crystal PalaceSentimental favorite!
Day 4 AK – DTD Dinner Planet HollywoodWe eat here every year. Would it be cheaper for you to pay for this one instead of the character meals you noted?
Day 5 MK – late Bkfst Cinderella’s Royal Table Loved the place but the food was not that great to us
Dinner – Liberty Tree TavernDelicious food - reminded us of Thanksgiving dinner!
Day 6 EP – Dinner Le CellierWe're trying this one next week - have heard nothing but good
Day 7 MGM – Dinner Sci Fi Drive InNever been there.
Day 8 Breakfast Chef MickeysAnother sentimental favorite ~ delicious choices galore!

Cosmic Rays – MK
Pizza Planet – MGM
POR food court

We are open to any advice, picks at the above places, or suggestions for counter service places for our other meals.

disneyfan328
09-09-2007, 06:15 PM
Thanks so much for all of the replies. I think we are going to stick with PH. Can't seem to get Whispering Canyon to fit into our plans. We have checked the menus for all and think that we may decide to skip sci fi. Have not read too much good about it. As far as paying for PH vs. the Character meals, We will be at PH before we go to those, so we will check it out and view the menu from here first and figure out what the total will be but with Appetizers and deserts, I think it will be more than Chef Mickeys or CP.

Oldest DD is so phsyced about the trip, and she loves all of the characters. The only one she might me bored iwth is H & V but she will do it for them, or she may take that lunch and take it for some alone time to go shopping, and I wouldn't have a problem with that. Its totally up to her. She is a GREAT big sister and truly has as much as excitement about this trip as me and can't wait. She even told me that she plans on wearing her Tiara from Prom court this year to dine with Cinderella. She said "I may not fit into those dresses, but I am a princess none the less and I have the crown to prove it." She is just too much sometimes!!

Anyway thanks again, and I will try to post some reviews when we get back.

LoriMistress
09-09-2007, 07:17 PM
Everything looks okay to me.

SBETigg
09-09-2007, 07:27 PM
Flametree should be open. We ate there twice a few weeks ago. I believe they are keeping it open during the Tusker House renovation.

If your husband is a barbecue aficionado, he may not love Flametree but he will probably find something to like. The quality is typical of counter service restaurants, meaning edible but by no means impressive. The barbecue chicken salad was really good. The pulled pork sandwich and St. Louis Style ribs are on the dry side, so just make sure to grab some extra sauce from the condiment station.

tinksmom02
09-09-2007, 10:00 PM
I think your choices sound great! Leave PH if that was your DD's pick. She'll enjoy it, I'm sure, and your other kids might find something there they enjoy, as well. We took our DD to PH in NYC in March (she was 4), and she was captivated by all the movie stuff. Food was OK, not horrible, but n othing spectacular. But if you've never been to any PH, it'll be a fun experience for all of you.

H&V was a lot of fun for DD.
We did CM for dinner last trip and enjoyed it. Both H&V and CM's tend to get loud, but in a fun way.

LeCellier is delicious for lunch, so I know you'll enjoy is for dinner!

We did a late breakfast at CRT last trip. Again, for us, this was one of those "we have to do it once" places. We enjoyed it, but I don't think we'd go back. Cosider yourself lucky that you got ADR's!!

We're trying CP for breakfast this time, have heard nothing but good things about it.

We're also trying Sci-Fi this time around...have not heard good things about the food, but do want to check out the place, so we're going to try apps and shakes, I think, and pay OOP for it.

All in all, I think you've got a great mix there, and everyone should be happy (and full!) for the week!

If my calculations are right, we'll be down there same time as you! Maybe we'll run into you! :mickey:

IloveDisney71
09-09-2007, 10:13 PM
You've got several of my favorites on your list. LeCellier & Liberty Tree Tavern. I would rethink the Sci-Fi. It's a neat experience, but not worth the TS credit, in my opinion. They do have some great desserts though. If you grad. wants to do Planet Hollywood, I'd go. My teenagers enjoyed it. The food is just average, but it's got a neat ( but loud) atmosphere. :thumbsup:

SBETigg
09-09-2007, 10:18 PM
We did Sci-Fi at lunch time and we were very satisfied with it. I'm not sure how it holds up as a dinner experience, but for lunch, we were pleasantly surprised and the kids really liked it. The food was good, as far as salads, sandwiches, burgers, and soup go. No worries.

KAT1811
09-09-2007, 10:49 PM
Arrival Day – Dinner Coral Reef Looks interesting although we've never tried it. However, I don't see any seafood lovers in your family eating habit descriptions wondering what made you choose the Reef?
Day 2 MGM – Lunch at Hollywood & Vine Never done this one either as we are not huge fans of buffets.
Day 3 MK – Breakfast Crystal Palace Our "must do" breakfast in WDW! LOVE it!!!
Day 4 AK – DTD Dinner Planet HollywoodWe didn't care for this one. We felt that it was unDisney. However Rainforest Cafe is a fun DTD venue. Maybe DD would like it instead.
Day 5 MK – late Bkfst Cinderella’s Royal Table Can't beat eating in the castle, IMHO the epitome of "Disney" dining.
Dinner – Liberty Tree Tavern I know everyone on here loves it but we'll never go back, the food just wasn't for us. Great location.
Day 6 EP – Dinner Le Cellier Another favorite dining venue. Fabulous meal.
Day 7 MGM – Dinner Sci Fi Drive In Didn't care for this one either, too dark and if you sit in the "cars" the booth seats only face forward so half of your party is looking at your back the whole time. Plus since there is an odd number of you if you get one of these someone will most likely end up sitting in their row alone, looking at all of your backs!
Day 8 Breakfast Chef MickeysLove the characters and energy, never done the breakfast but would love to some time (we did dinner).

Cosmic Rays – MK
Pizza Planet – MGM
POR food court
We love eating i Pinocchio's Village Haus in the MK. Your small ones may like it as well. We get a table by the windows and the kids wave to the boats from It's a Small World as they pass by and most of the riders wave back (the kids get a HUGE kick out of this)!!!

Just my opinion, wherever you eat will be fabulous because you're in WDW!!!!! :party: :cloud9:

disneyfan328
09-10-2007, 09:33 AM
Just my opinion, wherever you eat will be fabulous because you're in WDW!!!!! :party: :cloud9:

Well, we really aren't seafood lovers. DD -17 likes shrimp as does DH. We were originally supposed to be at Teppnayaki that night and this is one of the other places that were offered to us for that night. We didn't like the sound of any of the other food in Epcot so we went with this. They have steak so we will be good and thought it would be a fun atmospehre for the kids.

I am pretty sure that we have now decided to skip sci fi. so only one oop meal for TS.

Thanks again for all of the advice. I will let everyone know how it goes when we get back!!

Oh and thanks. Pinocchios is one of the places we ate the only other time we were there, but it was burgers and dogs then. The figaro fries look great, so this is definetly on our list!!!

Samtastic
09-10-2007, 11:32 AM
Don't fear CR! Not only is beautifully decorated and full of ambience, I've heard they have the best steak.