PDA

View Full Version : Going to Disney for 3 year olds Birthday!

cinderellasmommy
09-07-2007, 12:21 PM
We are going to WDW next month for my three year olds birthday! (We asked her what she wanted for her birthday and she wanted to go to Cinderella's house.) This will be her first trip to Disney. Besides a button, is there anything else that they can do for birthdays? I wanted to take her to the Castle for lunch or dinner on her birthday but I heard getting in there is like winning the lottery. Has anyone taken a toddler to the Magic Kingdom for their birthday. Any and all suggestions and ideas are welcome! Thanks for your help!

princessM0m
09-07-2007, 12:55 PM
I have such wonderful memories of when my DD turned 5 and we took our first trip to WDW! Keep trying for an ADR at the Castle. If that does not pan out then take your little princess to Cinderella's Gala Feast at the Grand Floridian. It is no more expensive than the castle and much more relaxed. Cinderella and the Prince visit with the guests, and many times the mice and Fairy Godmother are there as well. We had a family dinner there during out trip and had birthday cake as well. The staff were very accommodating and Suzi or Perla came over to lead "Happy Birthday." We also went to both the Norway and Castle princess breakfasts and I had each of the characters present a small gift (which I supplied) to DD when they came to visit (except Mulan--I wasn't expecting her and boy my now-DD7 remembers not getting a present from Mulan). If the characters could not hand it to her directly I just said "Look, _________ brought you a present!" Aside from the royalty, many of the restaurants presented a cupcake or some other little item in honor of the occasion. Be sure to tell any restaurant and hotel staff what the occasion is and if they can do something they will.

Strmchsr
09-07-2007, 12:59 PM
If you haven't already made the ADR for Cindy's then, I'm afraid, the chance of getting in is almost 0. However, you can call every day and see if there's been a cancellation. Those do happen and you might get lucky if you're very flexible with the day and time.

In the meantime, click here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/misc/birthday.asp)to go to Info Central and see all the Intercot birthday tips.

Also, a lot of little girls love a trip to the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. Click here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/children/bbb/default.asp) for info on that.

FortheloveofStitch
09-07-2007, 02:36 PM
We were there this past July for my 5 year old daughters birthday. A few days before her birthday we were at MGM and were at the Beauty and the Beast Show. At the end of the show a child from the audience was led up to the stage and received a rose from the prince. My husband talked to a very nice cast member and he arranged for my daughter to come to the show on her birthday and receive the rose. When we arrived on her birthday at the agreed time we were led to reserved seats up front to watch the show. At the end of the show a cast member had my daughter go to the front of the stage and she was presented with the rose. It was the highlight of her birthday and she is still talking about it 2 months later. I also used fabric paint on a plain colored tshirt and wrote Its my birthday. Cast members and characters alike went out of their way to make her feel special.:mickey: