PDA

View Full Version : Scrapbooking

DisneyCouture
09-07-2007, 11:59 AM
Does anyone have any special stores/locations in the World where you can buy specific scrapbooking stuff? Please let me know since I am new at the scrapbooking craft and I really enjoy it. I was hoping to pick up some new stuff on my next vacation. :mickey:

Momof2boys
09-07-2007, 12:45 PM
There is a scrapbooking store at Downtown Disney. However, most all the resorts & parks that a scrapbooking section in their gift shops.

There's also a very good selection at World of Disney - I buy most of my stuff there because I get the 10% discount.

Strmchsr
09-07-2007, 12:54 PM
There's scrapbooking stuff in almost every gift shop. I think, however, that I remember there being a specific scrapbook store in DTD.

DisneyCouture
09-07-2007, 01:31 PM
Thanks! Does anyone know what the name of the scrapbooking store? And how do u get the 10% discount in the World of Disney?

Strmchsr
09-07-2007, 01:56 PM
From Intercot's Info Central:

Disney's Wonderful World of Memories
Disney World scrapbook supplies. Including albums, pre-packaged kits, adhesive tape pens, glue sticks, scissors, and a wide assortment of colorful Disney stickers. Also available are Disney books, stationery, pens and postcards, plus several stations where guests can create scrapbook pages and postcards.

That's the store that is in DTD.

DisneyCouture
09-07-2007, 02:10 PM
Thanks Chris!:)

Momof2boys
09-07-2007, 02:22 PM
I get the 10% discount from having an AP or Disney Visa . . . I can't remember which, but I want to say it's either one. Every little bit helps :)

kakn7294
09-07-2007, 03:38 PM
The Wonderful World of Memories store is immediately to the right of the entrance if you ride the Disney buses to DTD. AP holders and Disney Visa card holders get a 10 % discount at WoD but you can also get a 10% discount at WoD if you have booked a AAA package through AAA agents only and received the special discount card in the package materials.

Bethanymouse
09-09-2007, 04:28 PM
We were just there 2 weeks ago. It is a great shop with lots of fun scrapbooking stuff. Just be careful, I purchased the mickey head scissors and they dont cut the edges to well. I am not too pleased. But the stickers are great!

DisneyKim22
09-09-2007, 10:42 PM
I bought those Mickey-head scissors too and am having the same problem with them. I used them once and they just sit in the box now.

But, they do have great kits if you like using pre-packaged kits. It helps a lot if you're new to scrapbooking.

MickeyChick
01-10-2008, 02:38 PM
How did it take so long for me to find out about this store?

I just spent over $100 on Disney scrapping supplies from Joann.com!

katzctkpt
01-10-2008, 03:53 PM
The WOD has scrapbooking items an the Emporium at MK also, has items.

Aggie97
01-10-2008, 05:07 PM
I've also had trouble with the Mickey head scissors. But the different stickers are great, as are the punches. The castle punch is especially cute!

One of my favorite items is a spiral-bound book of tear-out 12x12 paper in different WDW themes. It think it was about $15 for 40 sheets. Some of the paper is themed for the four parks, some for different lands within the parks, even a couple of specific rides. It helps make some great WDW scrapbook pages. :mickey:

Magic Smiles
01-11-2008, 10:27 PM
I bought those Mickey-head scissors too and am having the same problem with them. I used them once and they just sit in the box now.

I have heard that by using your scissor to cut either wax paper or tin foil - can't remember which - will help with this problem. I purchased a Minnie punch on ebay and had this problem.

DDuck66
01-14-2008, 10:34 AM
How did it take so long for me to find out about this store?

I just spent over $100 on Disney scrapping supplies from Joann.com!

That okay, my DW just got a $200 giftcard from Jo-annes and it was gone in one visit. The items from Jo-annes are very similar to the items at WDW except WDW has more pre-packaged kits.

Lynn J Mc
01-18-2008, 08:51 AM
Be on the lookout for castmembers who give out free stickers. You can get them from the boat captains and just about anyone standing behind a counter. Ialso have picked up a lot of Mickey Mouse head confetti that was thrown at the MK at park opening to use.

brewcrew26
01-18-2008, 11:53 AM
Does anyone know where I can find a really gigantic Mickey head punch? I found on at Michael's but it's still not as big as I need. I'm looking to get something that I can write people's names on for placecards. Any suggestions? Thanks!!!

tinkerbell04
01-18-2008, 01:02 PM
Does anyone know where I can find a really gigantic Mickey head punch? I found on at Michael's but it's still not as big as I need. I'm looking to get something that I can write people's names on for placecards. Any suggestions? Thanks!!!

Do you or anyone that you know have a Cricut machine? If you do, get the Disney Character cartridge and you can cut out Mickey Heads that would be big enough for a place card. I use them in my classroom for desk numbers. :mickey:

BouncingTigger
01-18-2008, 01:14 PM
I just wanted to give props to you scrapbookers! :thumbsup: I made one scrapbook of a road trip my bf and I took over the summer - it took SO much time! I was proud of it when I was done but I don't think I'll do it again. I don't have the patience for it (especially because I took a lot more pictures at WDW than on the road trip). Also, it's so time-consuming and classes start next week. I know a lot of you have jobs and kids and stuff - I think it's amazing you can make time to do scrapbooking (and have the patience!).

MickeyChick
01-18-2008, 09:06 PM
I scrap when the kids are asleep, it's my sanity saver!

That said, I'm dropping all of my other current scrapbook projects when we get back so I can do a Disney booK!

BronxTigger
01-19-2008, 10:52 AM
I have heard that by using your scissor to cut either wax paper or tin foil - can't remember which - will help with this problem. I purchased a Minnie punch on ebay and had this problem.

A paper punch I recently purchased had that tip on the packaging. It is wax paper, not foil, although I have not tried it.

Also, in addition to the Emporium, the photo place next to Tony's restaurant in MK has some scrapbooking stuff.

ElenitaB
01-19-2008, 05:42 PM
I have a Cricut and the Disney cartridge. I'd be glad to help any of you out. Just PM me and we can work out the details.

MickeyChick
02-03-2008, 11:57 AM
The scrapbooking store at Downtown Disney is rather disappointing. They didn't have anything I didn't see at Everything Pop or out and about in the parks. I did buy several packs of paper but I was hoping it was more like the scrapping stores at home with loose paper sheets and such. As it is, I am making some of my own papers by scanning boxes that some of my souvenirs came in...