PDA

View Full Version : Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach?

bethanne6245
09-07-2007, 11:35 AM
Which one would you choose and why? My family consists of DD9, DH and me!
Can someone also tell me more about the snorkeling available at TL?
Thanks!

grumpyguy
09-07-2007, 11:50 AM
i love both parks,i do like tl a little better only cause if feels a little slower paced than bb.tl wave pool is fun.there is a reason they call summit plummet at bb a "waterpowered wedgie machine" and my wife doesn't care for that experience.i myself did it three times last year.and the sno-cones at bb are awesome.
shark reef is the snorkling at tl.word of warning,the water is colder than the other attractions at the water parks.but in the fla sun it feels great.they supply the equipment you need,a brief training,3-5 minutes i think and pretty much you doggie paddle in a straight line about 60ft through a disney coral reef w/real fish a harmless SHARKS!!!their is a resting rock about half way across if you need.
its fun for all ages.
both water parks also have lazy rivers to relax in that are cool too:thumbsup:

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
09-07-2007, 01:52 PM
Another vote for TL.

I love Shark Reef, you're right the water is cooler than the other pools for obvious reasons, but I quickly got used to it.

I love the "tropical" atmosphere of it. Went to BB back in 97...it was fun, but being at both, I enjoyed TL more. Maybe its also because I'm from Winnipeg, Canada..and we get huge amounts of snow every year :blush:

In any case, you'll have fun at either park. But my vote goes to TL...the music they play there is awesome too!

Chris :hatter:

E-OR
09-07-2007, 04:36 PM
My family is split. My kids and husband like TL and I really like BB. The boys have been going since they were 7 & 12. I like the slides and the inter tube rides at BB as well as the theming. My family really likes the wave pool at TL and the slides there. My favorite thing to do is to float in the lazy rivers at both parks so I am pretty much content at either if I can sit an in inter tube and float all day. If your daughter is an intermediate swimmer they have a great place for her at BB.

WDWfanatic742
09-08-2007, 01:30 PM
Depends on how you do the parks. If you like thrills and more slides and a faster paced park, do Blizzard Beach. If you like a more relaxing park with fewer slides but with the best wave pool anywhere, then do Typhoon Lagoon.

mainemajor
09-08-2007, 01:56 PM
Wave Pool at TL takes the cake. It is worth the trip all by itself. :surfing:

cal5755
09-08-2007, 04:17 PM
Our family loves BB, the lazy river is long and great relaxation after all the thrills.

RAIDER
09-18-2007, 07:32 AM
My vote goes for Blizzard beach but i have a feeling as you have a daughter of 9 Typhoon Lagoon would be better suited :thumbsup:

Mfarquar
09-20-2007, 10:00 AM
My vote is for Blizzard Beach. I have found it, overall, to be a more comfortable visit. In my opinion, there are too many outdated bare body slides at TL. Most of BB slides require that you use a tube or a foam toboggan. This cuts down on the slide burn, and as a contact wearer I like not getting massively dunked at the end of our ride! They do have some bare body slides at BB, but it feels like a better balance to me.

I have NOT been on the new "water coaster" at TL, the Slush N' Gusher, so that might actually be really cool. As for the snorkeling, I found it to be cold and murky. I did not find it worth it to make my decision between BB and TL, because it's a VERY short swim straight across a little pool.

The family tube slide at BB is awesome. It's super long and a lot of fun for almost all ages. Plus, it's nice to be able to take the BB ski lift up (Soooooo much slower than a real one) instead of a million stairs. I got whip lash on the family raft ride at TL - for real! The tube was too small (and I'm 5'7'' and 125 lbs) and my mother and I kept getting bashed around. It seemed outdated. I also think their lazy river is a lot better (and cleaner feeling) at BB. They have an ample sized kid area too. Just because there's the insane Summit Plummet slide doesn't mean that all the rides are like that. I have to admit, Summit Plummet is the only ride at ANY amusement/ theme park that I will not ride. It's absolutely frightening to me. I've done the second highest body slide at BB, but found riding it once was enough for me. But, it is fun to watch the insane people who do the Summit Plummet! :thedolls:

Finally, I enjoy a calmer wave pool, so I like BB. The wave pool at TL is cool, but the waves are substantial (you will get used to hearing the sound of a canon going off and people subsequently screaming as a giant wave approaches). I found BB to be a quieter place to lie on their fake beach in a chair with my Blue Blizzard pina colada drink to relax :papple:!