PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Question!

TINKERBELL_82
09-07-2007, 11:21 AM
Does anyone know exactly when they start decorating the parks for Christmas? I am thinking about a trip on November 30th-December 2nd and was wondering if everything would be up yet.

:tree: Thanks in advance! :ornament:

big blue and hairy
09-07-2007, 11:55 AM
If it's not completed by the time you get there, it'll be really close, and finished while you're there. Odds are, though, it's completely Yuley by the time you arrive.

:sulley:

bjlaac
09-07-2007, 12:29 PM
They usually start right after thankgiving and pretty much complete by the beginning of the next week

offero
09-07-2007, 01:19 PM
I was there Nov 17th last year and they were pretty much almost all set up. the trees were all out, and they were making it snow but some of the lights were not up yet. we stayed for five days and by the second to last days they were having the holiday parties in MGM (festival of lights) and MK (Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party) so you should be ok.

I think the only real thing we missed were the international Santas.

TINKERBELL_82
09-07-2007, 04:29 PM
Oh, yaay! I just checked, and the 1st MVMCP is on 11/07, so hopefully by the time we get there it will be in pretty good shape!

Goodness, they must be hanging wreaths as they are taking down cobwebs from MNSSHP!! :whew:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-07-2007, 07:45 PM
Oh, yaay! I just checked, and the 1st MVMCP is on 11/07, so hopefully by the time we get there it will be in pretty good shape!

Goodness, they must be hanging wreaths as they are taking down cobwebs from MNSSHP!! :whew:

Actually, yeah. That's more or less how it happens. Leaving Halloween night from work and there's Hallo stuff still up....come in on Nov 1st and everything's pretty much up. I believe they said the Holiday overlay for the Castle is supposed to start later this month but I might have read it wrong.

"SULLEY "RULES!!
09-08-2007, 11:35 AM
Leaving for Disney on November 7th thru 17th My husband and I are celebrating our 10 year anniv. It will be nice to see the holiday decorations up during our stay. Looking forward to the MVMCP on the 12th.:deer:

TheRustyScupper
09-08-2007, 01:32 PM
1) Disney starts decorating in early November.
2) Decorations are aglow by Thanksgiving.
3) They are then taken down first week of January.
4) We have been there as early as Nov-15 and saw decorations.

PAT9760
09-09-2007, 08:19 PM
We were there last year on those same dates and Christmas season was in full swing!

DisneyKim22
09-09-2007, 10:17 PM
Same here. I was there two weeks before Christmas last year, and I don't think anything was missing! We planned to go the day after Thanksgiving this year because it's usally not crowded the Sunday evening through Friday afternoon after the holiday; and the decorations are up and in full swing.

Sigh.....Only 75 more days to go....

IloveDisney71
09-09-2007, 10:21 PM
I was at Disney a few days before Tkg. 2 years ago and it seemed like all of the decorations were up. It was nice to be in the Christmas spirit so early in the season. It's beautiful, you'll have a great time.:santa: