PDA

View Full Version : CS Choices Near the Studios

TiggerTopper
09-07-2007, 09:12 AM
I have been looking over menus for a counter service meal for a lunch at the Studios and everything I see looks :ack: I am looking for suggestions for lunch counter service around the Studios area. We are on the dining plan. Thanks in advance!

goofysbabe
09-07-2007, 09:46 AM
We ALWAYS hit Rosie's All American Cafe on Sunset. They have burgers, fries, pizza and salads. We like the food there and there is plenty of places to sit and enjoy the sights and sounds around you.

laprana
09-07-2007, 09:56 AM
I agree...MGM's counter service places leave a lot to be desired! Have you considered taking a boat to the Boardwalk/Beach Club/Yacht Club area for a quick meal? There are some really good counter service places at all 3 resorts, especially the Boardwalk Bakery, which has sandwhiches, salads, and out-of-this-world pastries for dessert!

TiggerTopper
09-10-2007, 08:47 AM
:confused:I now am trying to decide on either eating at Back Lot Express or taking a lunch break and heading to Boardwalk Bakery - Can anyone suggest worthy items at each place?

laprana
09-10-2007, 12:28 PM
Boardwalk Bakery has a great Chicken Ceaser Salad, which I have had before. Last time we were there, my sister had the Turkey panini and she loved it! Their baked goods and desserts are amazing, and you can get them as your dessert on the DDP! I recommend the Tiramisu or a chocolate eclair! Yum!!

The Backlot Express has a lot of standard CS food, like burgers and chicken strips. Last summer I got their grilled chicken salad, and while it was OK, it was not as good as other salads I've had at other CS places. The grilled turkey sandwich is not too bad. The desserts are not so hot, though - I think they only had 2 the last time we were there...a cheesecake (which was yummy) and some sort of sugar-free parfait thing. I'd definitely go with the Boardwalk Bakery!:eat:

Natazu
09-11-2007, 04:42 AM
Awesome sandwiches and at Starring Rolls. They also have some of the best CS deserts at Disney.