PDA

View Full Version : HAPPY FRIDAY! To Grandma and Grandpa...

MickeysGirl
09-07-2007, 06:55 AM
Hey everybody! And HAPPY FRIDAY!!

Why is it that short weeks seems longer than regular weeks? I swear, this week has just been the weirdest thing! :crazy: But on with the show....

This coming Sunday is Grandparents Day! Whether you have your grandparents, have fond memories of grandparents already gone, have people who are like grandparents to you or are just simply grandparents yourselves, Here's to ya! :cheers:

Please join me in paying homage to these wonderful folks with today's...

Annual Grandparents Day Gala! :hug:

Happy Friday Everyone!

Specialty drink of the day: :beer: Old Fashioned
... with Grandma's lemonade for the kids and an open bar as always ....
:wine: :papple: :marg:

I hope everyone has a great weekend! We leave tonight to make a visit with a couple of Mouses! :mmouse: One called Mickey and the other Maui! :D Can't wait to see them both!!

JanetMegan
09-07-2007, 08:31 AM
Happy Friday everyone! Wow this is a perfect party because my grandparents are coming into town tonight for a long weekend along with my parents all the way from Phoenix! I'll enjoy spending GP's Day with them right here at home. So maybe no :marg: this weekend, but I'll have some wine instead (we need a wine smiley!)

disneydrmr
09-07-2007, 08:36 AM
I agree about the short week being the longest week.. AND I've been so confused all week as to what day it is.. :crazy: All my grandparents are gone now.. but I do have fond memories of them. Happy Friday everyone! And to all who do still have your grandparents - make sure you call them this weekend and tell them you love them!

Mickey'sGirl
09-07-2007, 08:50 AM
Happy Friday everyone! All of my Grandparents are long departed -- but I have some truly wonderful memories of them. Happy day to all the Grandparents out there! :mickey:

MsMin
09-07-2007, 09:05 AM
Happy Friday Everyone
My grandparents too are gone, my last grandmother died last Dec. @ 98.
We celebrate with my parents now and their 10 grandkids.
I'll just take a shot in my coffee this morning. Have a great weekend. It was a confusing week:confused:

MickeysGirl
09-07-2007, 09:43 AM
So maybe no :marg: this weekend, but I'll have some wine instead (we need a wine smiley!)

Will this do? :wine:

:cheers: Cheers to all the grandparents out there!

Drinks are on the bar... :wine: :papple: :marg: :beer:

Caroleh
09-07-2007, 09:44 AM
It was a very confusing week. My grandparents are long gone. My grandpa(always grandpa, never grandfather) passed away back in '84. I'll always have very fond memories of my grandparents. I'm not a grandma yet, so I'll have to call my DB and wish him a Happy Grandparents day. His granddaughter calls him pampa!!

I'll just take the lemonaide today. I have a lot to get done!!

TINKERBELL_82
09-07-2007, 09:46 AM
Happy Friday everyone!!

:cheers: to a lovely grandfather and a dearly departed grandmother. I'll have a :beer: please!! (Grandma was German, she would have wanted it that way!! :mickey:)

JanetMegan
09-07-2007, 09:58 AM
Will this do? :wine:

:wine: :papple: :marg: :beer:

Umm yeah, that works ;) Sorry it's Friday, my brain is fried.

ElenitaB
09-07-2007, 10:33 AM
You've just been working too hard, Janet! (Say hi to Mimi for me!)

Two days back into the school year routine and boy, am I glad it's Friday! Can I have a virgin :marg: , please?

Have a great weekend, everyone! I'll be sure to spend some time thinking of the grandparents I knew and the legacy of those I didn't get to know, and take DS out to see his Grandma!

ElenitaB
09-07-2007, 10:36 AM
I forgot to add a big

Happy Grandparent's Day!

to all our Intercot grandparents!

:notworth:

Beach Club Babe
09-07-2007, 11:08 AM
:clappy:Happy Friday, everyone! & Happy Grandparents day to my 92 year old Nana! She's the best!:clappy:

Momof2boys
09-07-2007, 12:49 PM
This week did seem really long !

I'm catching a plane in 6 hours and heading off to Las Vegas with a co-worker. We have a seminar there next week, but are leaving early to celebrate us passing our PMP exam. We fly back late Thursday night. But I'm ready !

Happy Friday !

Happy Grandparents Day !

And since I medicate to fly, I'll need one of those virgin :marg: as well.

Nascfan
09-07-2007, 12:54 PM
Happy Friday everyone!

Happy Grandparents Day to all our Intercot Gramma's and Grampa's!

Have a great weekend all. :mickey:

ChipDale
09-07-2007, 04:11 PM
:cheers: Happy Friday! :cheers:

How appropriate to have Old Fashioneds as the Drink of the Day! (That was my grandma's favorite drink! :marg: :thumbsup: )

Jamie, I think I'll stick to my usual 6X :beer: please! :)

Have a great weekend everybody! :cool:

Dsnygirl
09-07-2007, 04:59 PM
Happy Friday everyone!!

I'll join in w/ an Old Fashioned... my dad used to make them and they were yummy. Maybe I'll have a lemonade chaser w/ it.... :D

Jamie, have a fun mini-meet!!

Hope everyone's Friday is going great -- the workday is almost over!! :party:

SgtTigger
09-07-2007, 07:31 PM
Happy Friday Everyone

What a wonderfull friday it is............

If this was a short week why am I so tired??????

:confused:

:cop: :tigger:

conorsmom2000
09-07-2007, 08:06 PM
Happy Friday all and Happy Grandparents Day!

My Grandparents are also long gone - I never knew my one Grandpa, my Mom's Dad, but he was a Union electrician, like my DH, in NYC and my Mom loved to tell us how he helped put the lights on the Empire State Building and the George Washington Bridge - I think of him everytime I see the ESB, or go over the GWB! :cloud9:

So, here's to all the Grandparents, and to Conor's 2 Grandma's, who both left us way too young! :( :cheers:

Jamie, have a great mini meet!!

And yes, it's been a short, yet crazy week! :confused: :D