PDA

View Full Version : How long do you stay WDW?

benny
09-07-2007, 12:43 AM
Progress is plodding along in the planning of my return trip next year to WDW and Orlando. I was wondering how long most of you think is an ideal time to spend at WDW (obviously, I know the longer the better, but I have to put a limit on it). I'm trying to fit in a 7 night caribbean cruise, a stay at international drive, a stay at Florida Mall hotel (we love shopping in the US! For us kiwis from New Zealand its sooooo exciting!) and a stay at WDW. I have come up with the following and would love any comments or suggestions. Are we staying too long at International Drive?

Dec 15-21 WDW (to view Christmas decorations at resorts and parks and not worry too much about rides).
Dec 21 - 28 - 7 night caribbean cruise.
Dec 28 - Jan 5 - International Drive to do non disney things.
Jan 5-7 - Florida Mall Hotel (shopping!)
Jan 8 - 18 WDW (POP) to concentrate on rides etc.

Thanks for any suggestions you may have.

Jenny

LoriMistress
09-07-2007, 12:53 AM
I think you may only need one or two days to do shopping at the mall. Other then that, everything looks okay to me. Last time we stayed at WDW for 7 days/8 nights. This time around we're staying for 11 days/11 nights.

faline
09-07-2007, 05:05 AM
What a great trip you've got planned!

kakn7294
09-07-2007, 07:20 AM
Wow, what a great trip! We have stayed anywhere from 5 - 10 days at WDW. Of course, the longer the better in my opinion! Our usual trip is about 8 park days but no water parks.

Goofeygal
09-07-2007, 07:20 AM
Don't forget the trip report when you return.

Madame Leona
09-07-2007, 09:11 AM
I think your plan looks wonderful! You can take me with you if you want:)

goofysbabe
09-07-2007, 09:51 AM
WOW!! I think your plan is well thought out and I wish I were coming along. We normally stay 5 nights 6 days - no waterparks. I love the fact that you planned one stop at WDW for sight see and one stop for rides. Have a good time and like a previous poster stated - DON'T FORGET THE TRIP REPORTS.

mttafire
09-07-2007, 09:59 AM
Our trips are usually 6 nights sun-fri. 6 day wyw tickets..Mon-sat.:mickey:

Checkers
09-07-2007, 02:03 PM
:mickey:Sounds like a wonderful vacation with great planning!

We usually go anywhere from 5-10 days, usually 7 days but then we sometimes go 3 times a year.:thumbsup:

Have a wonderful time and will be anxious to read your trip report.

benny
09-07-2007, 03:55 PM
Thanks for your replies. It seems everyone thinks we have planned just about right so I will leave things pretty much as they are. I can't wait to book but its a little way away yet! Still, isn't the planning half the fun of the trip????!

Thanks again

Jenny

(I will definately do a trip report on our return)

tarjaybuff
09-07-2007, 04:39 PM
We always go for 10 days. The first and last day are for travel/DTD. This gives us 8 days in the park. Plenty of time to redo the favorites, and not feel rushed. :mickey:

princessjojo
09-07-2007, 04:49 PM
I think your plan sounds great. The only problem I see is that you're not taking me with you :blush:.

Wow, such a great sounding vacation. We usually stay about 8nights/9days (first flight in/last flight out) and next year we get 9nt/10days. We use a day or so to just chill and relax, too. We found that this way we are never rushed around and can approach the World at our own pace. I look forward to your trip report. We've never, for whatever reason, done anything off property so I'm curious to hear what your thoughts are on it.

Have a great trip.

IloveDisney71
09-07-2007, 10:11 PM
Your trip sounds great!
I like to stay for 7 days/8 nights. The shortest I've ever stayed was 4 days/5 nights and it was NOT long enough. As much as I love Disney, after 7 days, I've done EVERYTHING I want to do and then I'm ready to go home and REST.:mickey:

benny
09-08-2007, 12:52 AM
Your trip sounds great!
I like to stay for 7 days/8 nights. The shortest I've ever stayed was 4 days/5 nights and it was NOT long enough. As much as I love Disney, after 7 days, I've done EVERYTHING I want to do and then I'm ready to go home and REST.:mickey:

I know what you mean re getting home to rest. That's why I want to make sure this time we have some 'down' time to relax and enjoy Disney at a much more leisurely pace. Unfortunately, coming from New Zealand,it is so expensive and takes so long to get to Orlando that I don't know if we will be back again in the near future - so I want to make sure I get it right. LA is much cheaper and easier to get to for us.

Thanks everyone

Jenny