PDA

View Full Version : Checking In at Caribbean?

tink03
09-06-2007, 06:30 PM
Does anyone know the wait time for checking in at CBR on a Saturday?:confused: I know you dont get a room til 3pm but are the lines long when you arrive early?

dizzyworld
09-06-2007, 07:29 PM
stayed at the caribbean beach last september arrived around 10 30 am we only waited in line for maybe 10 miniutes plus got a room that was ready within the hour of arrival in martinique which is a great location. we will be staying at the cbr again arivving september 21 to the 30th. check in as well as check out was no problem at all. i love this resort.i hope we have the same service this time around but even if we had a long line to wait in it would be worth it.

kathiep
09-06-2007, 07:36 PM
We arrived at CBR last September on the 17th. We were a little off calculating our arrival time and ended up arriving at 8:30 am on the morning of check in.

We went in and there was only one part on line in front of us. We were seen by a CM within a few minutes. The whole time we were checking in, maybe 2 or 3 other parties showed up; it was by no means crowded.

We were only expecting to pick up our keys to the kingdom and parking passes but to our surprise a room was ready for us. We took our luggage to our room and were back out to the parks by 9:15.

tundramom
09-06-2007, 08:00 PM
It's been 3 years ago for us, but the wait was horrible. We arrived close to 10 AM and barely made it out of there by noon. The reason I remember is that my DB-I-L and wife were arriving at 12:30 and we didn't want our daughter to see them as it was a surprise we had set up to reveal that evening at dinner! CBR was the worst experience we had as far as check in/out services go. Otherwise we found the resort to be very pleasant. Hopefully they've gotten much better:mickey:

SurferStitch
09-06-2007, 09:45 PM
The one time we stayed there we were the only people checking in. It was a Friday (sorry, not Saturday), but it was around 10:00 am, and we were done within minutes. Very smooth.

Mandykay
09-07-2007, 05:40 AM
I've never had a problem checking in there early, but if you arrive before 11:00 you may have to deal with guests who are checking out. Also if you arrive on Disney's Magical Express that's going to effect your wait time if lots of guests are staying at CBR as well. So you could get lucky and be first in line, or get stuck behind a tour group. Just depends.

princessM0m
09-07-2007, 12:04 PM
We stayed there in October several years ago and arrived there on a Saturday around noon. We waited in line an hour to check in. At least there is a children's sitting area to occupy little one if you have them.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
09-07-2007, 01:11 PM
I think the wild card is Disney's Magical Express. They qeue people at the airport by hotel location, so when you get on a ME bus to CBR, which we did, you may be on there with 20 other families, all of whom will be disembarking at the same hotel and getting in line to check in. I would say that Saturday being a very popular travel day, that you should allow for at least an hour at check in. If it's less, then great it's a bonus and if it's an hour or a bit more you won't be frustrated.

CBR has a lot of check in windows, but since most people are also getting their park tickets, special event tickets and other preordered package info, it takes longer at check in than at a regular hotel.

cheshirecollector
09-07-2007, 02:34 PM
My first time staying at CBR I don't remember any check-in problems. The second time was my worst - the room wasn't ready until 5:00pm, and I thought it was going to be 3:00pm at the latest, so I waited at the resort instead of going to the parks. The room was assigned by 3:00pm, if I recall correctly, but not ready for occupancy until 5:00pm.

However, it wasn't CBR's fault - a company had booked the CBR for a group vacation for their employees. They took up about 800 of the 1100 or so rooms there. Everyone was complaining about the crowds; every room was booked at the resort. It was just a rare, unlucky time to go.